Pre-Game Talk: GM#9:Feb 4th, 2013|Carolina @ Toronto|For the love of god Kessel score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Here's the projected line-up from ICE CHIPS

Carl Gunnarsson will miss his second consecutive game with a hip injury. Gunnarsson first suffered the injury during his lockout stint in Sweden. He underwent an MRI on Sunday afternoon, but did not suffer any tears and simply requires rest. - TSN

There’s a chance Clarke MacArthur returns tonight from a finger injury. MacArthur has missed the last three games with damage to his left pinky finger. If MacArthur were to re-enter the lineup, he'd likely rejoin Mikhail Grabovski and Nik Kulemin on the Leafs second line. - TSN

James Reimer makes his fifth consecutive start in goal. - TSN

Recalled from the Marlies on Sunday to replace Gunnarsson, Korbinian Holzer may get into tonight on defence. Randy Carlyle wouldn’t reveal his plans. - TSN

The Leafs have won just once in four tries on home ice. - TSN

Projected lines vs. Hurricanes

Forwards:
van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - McClement
Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
McLaren - Steckel - Orr
MacArthur

Defence:
Phaneuf - Kostka
Liles - Komisarek
Fraser - Franson
Holzer

Goaltenders:
Reimer
Scrivens

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Baba Ganoush

Dec 8, 2009
McClement's looked really good in a bigger role. good to know he can play those extra minutes if needed, but for now back to the 4th if Mac's back. if that's the case i'd like to see:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Mac - Grabovski - Kulemin
Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
McLaren - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf - Kostka
Liles - Komisarek
Fraser - Franson

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Unless Jay Mcclement starts producing second line #s, he can't stay there. Yeah, it's nice to have someone to look up to for the young guys; a guy who works the hardest and is rewarded with increased minutes. However, it's not the time for lessons, we desperately need that Grabo line to produce more than it has, and I don't think Mcclement helps any offensive production whatsoever. He cycles well, and plays great defensively, but I just don't like him at the 2nd line LW unless he starts producing more than he has.

This. He is killing the offensive production of Grabo. Put Macarthur back on the line.

Mclement is a solid defensive guy but should defineltey not be playing a top 6 role.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
do we have any more failures carolina might like to have?
harrison brent tlusty...
how about holzer or hamilton?
waiting to get ripped now)

lampshade*

If we lose both these games start the god damn tank. That being said, we can win both.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
do we have any more failures carolina might like to have?
harrison brent tlusty...
how about holzer or hamilton?
waiting to get ripped now)

We're the Island of Misfit Toys. We also took Ruutu from CHI, Jokinen from TBL, Semin from WSH, Dan Ellis, etc etc :)

Anyway, good luck tonite guys, hope ya'll have a good game...

But not *TOO* good ;)

dcervi*

Our defense need to wake up and do their jobs. Alot of the time I see issues clearing the front of the net, slow to move the puck up, poor decisions, slow reflexes/ reactions to plays. Thats where are real issue is I believe. Our goalies can stop pucks our forwards can score we need the defense to wake the **** up.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Our defense need to wake up and do their jobs. Alot of the time I see issues clearing the front of the net, slow to move the puck up, poor decisions, slow reflexes/ reactions to plays. Thats where are real issue is I believe. Our goalies can stop pucks our forwards can score we need the defense to wake the **** up.

We need to get far more nasty in front of the net. Franson far too soft in front on goal Saturday night and been many other examples. Need to give Reimer more protection, IMO.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Lets wait until 5 and if Brody doesn't show up until then, then its free for anyone.

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
I don't buy the "cross bar is unlucky for shooter, lucky for goaltender" argument for even one moment. Parameters are pre-defined, and you shoot for the net. Shooting posts/crossbar just tells you weren't good enough.

Same thing for goaltender. If he earns shutout, and had 3 shots hit the post behind him, he still did his job which was stop all the pucks that were going in the net.

Biggest load of crap ive ever heard, so if a goalie is screened and the player hits both posts and the puck doesnt go in the goalie was doing his job? the goalie didnt see anything and the player was literally fractions of inch away. you got to be lucky to be good.

not bashing your opinion lol just thnk youre on the minority there

Penalty Kill Icing*

Biggest load of crap ive ever heard, so if a goalie is screened and the player hits both posts and the puck doesnt go in the goalie was doing his job? the goalie didnt see anything and the player was literally fractions of inch away. you got to be lucky to be good.

not bashing your opinion lol just thnk youre on the minority there

Strongly disagree. Team that wins is the team that scores more goals. Posts aren't accounted for when declaring a winner, declaring a playoff team or a cup winner.

Anytime a player hits the posts, the shooter hasn't done his job good enough which was that he failed to put the puck between the posts (posts excluded). In your hypothetical case, its very easy to argue that had the shooter shot it just a few inches in the right direction, the goalie might 've been in position for that one.

And I couldn't care less if I was on minority. That simply doesn't make me wrong. Logical arguments would.

My original post was in response to Kessel being 'unlucky'. People call him sniper, and one of the major attributes of sniper is accuracy. Kessel hasn't been good enough in that area when it mattered, and hence hasn't had goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Have a feeling MacArthur will play on the 4 line. Randy said he wants his players to earn their minutes.

Whether it be for 1 shift, or the entire game, I see Clarke starting with Steckel and McClaren/Orr

Penalty Kill Icing*

Ok.. anyone who wants to can make a GDT now. Just include lineups and whatever else you feel including like.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I have a good feeling about tonight. Someone is going to get their first goal of the season tonight... I just don't know who. :naughty::sarcasm::naughty:

Penalty Kill Icing*

I have a good feeling about tonight. Someone is going to get their first goal of the season tonight... I just don't know who. :naughty::sarcasm::naughty:

It better not be Jordan Staal

I know the answer.. let me guess...

His last name starts with K?

He is American.

And he is... Komisarek! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->