Pre-Game Talk: GM#9:Feb 4th, 2013|Carolina @ Toronto|For the love of god Kessel score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kessel needs to cut to the middle and shoot.. His skating and vision would easily throw off defenders.

Use the wrist shot but cut to the middle and shoot in traffic. He does it like once a game and it's always a better shot than when he's flying down the wing.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Both today and tomorrow are winnable games. Carolina and Washington are not doing well at all.

But as we all know, you can never expect anything when it comes to our team.

Carolina always gives us troubles.

Washington should be an easy W if this team shows up and doesn't use the fatigue excuse.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
Carolina always gives us troubles.

Washington should be an easy W if this team shows up and doesn't use the fatigue excuse.

I think our new systems will help. If Kessel can regain his scoring touch tonight then I feel we're going to demolish the Canes.

I remember either last season or two seasons ago, we were leading against Carolina, and Phaneuf pinched in. We were leading and he pinched, like we really needed our captain to give up his defensive responsibilities to try to get another goal. Eric Staal ended up on a breakaway and scored. I always blamed Wilson and his stupid run-and-gun philosophy.

That's not going to happen tonight. If it's late in the game and we're leading by one goal tonight, then Carlyle will get the boys to buckle down and secure the victory.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Tonight is make or break for me for tank nation.

Lol. You guys walking the line kill me.

You've gotta be for the tank or against it at this point. The way this season works, you can go .500 until the last week of the season, 3 game winning streak and be a 7 seed.

I'm never going to support tank nation until we are clearly not going to challenge for a playoff spot. At that point I convert into the bottom out guy.

Asif16*

Here's hoping with the Gunnarson injury, Komi can be in the lineup and keep playin regular minutes. Has been our best defenseman by far.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Usually 7:09 to 7:11. Why?

I've been watching a bunch of different teams games on GCL and alot of the time the streams aren't availible until 7:15-7:20. So was just curious as to how long after actual gamestart the delay was. I know the B's home games start around the same time as you 7:05-7:10.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I've been watching a bunch of different teams games on GCL and alot of the time the streams aren't availible until 7:15-7:20. So was just curious as to how long after actual gamestart the delay was. I know the B's home games start around the same time as you 7:05-7:10.

Depends what kind of pre-game time-waster they have going on at the arena.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Getter goin tonight Phil. He's usually good against Carolina cause their D is kinda average.

Top-6 is scary though, we'll have to be sharp.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
do you think BB had a kulemin + for staal deal in the works last yr with pittsburgh ?
(until his brother allured him to go to carolina)

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
pitts fans seem to be salivating over the idea of putting kulemin with malkin (khl linemates)
there could have been something in the works

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
If Kessel's not going early, for the love of god put him with Kadri.

Both gifted offensive players that see the ice well.

It's a no brainer, and it boggled my mind that it hasn't been done before

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto

At least for me, GCL is always about 3-5 minutes behind the actual game, I've had a few goals spoiled for me by checking twitter or this site while watching:laugh:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Lol. You guys walking the line kill me.
You've gotta be for the tank or against it at this point. The way this season works, you can go .500 until the last week of the season, 3 game winning streak and be a 7 seed.

Agreed. Usual 92 points translate into 56, or 3 games above .500 this season.
On the other hand, I'm looking at standings and there are a lot of "weak" teams that are well above .500 and some of good teams behind us that will rise eventually. Losing two games with 2 goals leads and Buf on their back-to-back night could be costly as there are those 3 games above .500 right there for you.
Only hope is that we will get even better defensively learning RC system and continue getting good goal-tending and secondary scoring (and maybe even main scoring eventually). :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->