GDT: Gm 81: Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins | 4/12/14 | 1230P ET | NESN+ | 98.5 FM

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I am worried because he did not come out for the "shirts off their backs"...I thought he would.

God Please be OK Bergy...

Maybe it has to do with making Spooner an emergency call-up instead of a regular call up?

Have to believe it is minor, still on a thirteen game point streak, would be great if he was 100%. but 90% is good for this time of the year. especially with him he played at like 10% last year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
God damn those mother****ing Sabres. They can't play hockey worth a damn so they just ****ing goon it up... .I wish Chara had hammered Scott into a pile of goo. It would have been worth it- Chara would have gotten a misconduct and some badly needed rest & Scott would have gotten his. Then he wouldn't have been able to pile Bergeron into the boards the way he did because he would have been in the quiet room or the hospital.

I haven't seen the McCabe hit on Danny Paille yet. Right now I am just sick that Danny has suffered yet another concussion, he's my favorite current Bruin.

I thought of you as Danny was being assisted past us...He looked bad and I wanted to cry.:(

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
On the lighter side of things, Rask got an assist for the 2nd Krejci goal.
The Vezina isn't enough. Watch out Caron, he's gonna try and beat your production as well!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Missed the game today doing family stuff but it really sounds like this was about as ugly a game as we all hoped it wouldn't be. Must say I never imagined we'd be the president's trophy winners. One more big award to win this year and it's perfect.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As far as Caron goes...He seems like a nice kid and I believe he works hard...He is just a AHL lifetime player.

I feel bad for him but after all of this time feel there has to be a better option for the B's.

acr*

It'd be unfair to the 6,000 people in New Jersey who paid for their tickets to tomorrow's game, but really, Chiarelli and Neely should just call a forfeit, or send Bob Sweeney's Alumni team instead.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
I don't believe for a second that Paille isn't concussed.

He couldn't even stand and his eyes were everywhere after that hit. His body was like jelly as he was coming off the ice.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
It'd be unfair to the 6,000 people in New Jersey who paid for their tickets to tomorrow's game, but really, Chiarelli and Neely should just call a forfeit, or send Bob Sweeney's Alumni team instead.

They've already said that there will be significant call ups for tomorrow's game. I'd say maybe half the normal squad will dress -- like a preseason game.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

He couldn't even stand and his eyes were everywhere after that hit. His body was like jelly as he was coming off the ice.

I'm pretty shocked as well, especially since he's already had one this season leaving him more vulnerable.
I'll wait to hear it from our own team doctors, who haven't released anything about his condition to my knowledge.

member 96824

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Eleventeen"

"Ehh...close enough. He passes"

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I agree and that information is coming from the Buffalo media and is based on a tweet. Not exactly reliable.

Edited to add: I would go with Krejci's comment about how sad it is for this to happen to Paille at this time of the season. I doubt he says that if everything was looking okay.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The Sabres are just terrible from top to bottom. John Scott? What a joke. They might be the worst team I have ever seen. They even make the 96-97 Bruins look decent.
I can help but say shame on the Bruins for even dressing an NHL team to play this game. Even Bergeron's 'very minor' injury wasn't worth it. Providence would have won this game.

jasonbaz77*

It looked like a totally clean hit to me- actually it looked like he got the wind knocked out of him. If there was a concussion it was when he hit the ground bc I think he was hit in the chest and not the head.

side note- the move by Ennis was classy- he was holding up Dan while it looked like he was going to fall over in a daze.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It looked like a totally clean hit to me- actually it looked like he got the wind knocked out of him. If there was a concussion it was when he hit the ground bc I think he was hit in the chest and not the head.

side note- the move by Ennis was classy- he was holding up Dan while it looked like he was going to fall over in a daze.

I agree. Hopefully Dan will feel better than he looked when he went off the ice..

YoussefianK

Sep 18, 2013
"How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Eleventeen"

"Ehh...close enough. He passes"

Seriously, how do you come up with no concussion? The tool they are using is probably not very reliable.
If you can't put one foot ahead of the other, your brain hit the side of your skull pretty hard...
I don't get it.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Seriously, how do you come up with no concussion? The tool they are using is probably not very reliable.
If you can't put one foot ahead of the other, your brain hit the side of your skull pretty hard...
I don't get it.

Can't you black out for a second and get the wind knocked out of you at the same time?

who knows but there is still a week until game #2 about a mild concussion recovery time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad