GDT: Gm 81: Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins | 4/12/14 | 1230P ET | NESN+ | 98.5 FM

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
20131221-110216.jpg

Confession: I'm coasting to the playoffs so I don't peak too early. Here's your GDT.

Shirts off their backs will be cool tho.

go.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Will John Scott equal his all-time season high point total? Oh, the suspense! (He only needs one more - he's got one already :sarcasm:)

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Good job SoM. We don't want you peaking too early. I'm wondering if we should have given you the night off and let Jordan Caron fill in.

Let's get the season over and done with quickly and without injury!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Good job SoM. We don't want you peaking too early. I'm wondering if we should have given you the night off and let Jordan Caron fill in.

Let's get the season over and done with quickly and without injury!

He actually covered for me :laugh:

Thank you!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Coast all you want-these last two games are much like marking time until the playoffs hoping they win but hoping more that nobody gets injured.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Noice I got work at 4 tomorrow so this start time works perfectly for me tomorrow.

Game will probably start right when I crawl outta bed due to climbing Mt. Osceola with 4 ft snow drifts all the way up the mountain to 4,300ft lol.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I will be so proud when the Bruins clinch first overall,not that it particularly means anything but it shows the commitment this team had after losing to Chicago last year.It would have been easy to coast through the regular season and then turn it on come playoff time,but the boys wanted to do it right,be the best team all year long. I love this team.:handclap:

Harmonicraft*

Another loss impending because Claude would rather rest players than build momentum going into the playoffs.

Of course I'm kidding....but I really hope Boston doesn't lay down. They have developed really bad habits lately and have lost five of the past four games. Just win this game and take the presidents trophy.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I think we're all coasting...GDT looks good to me :)
Will the bruins play their first playoff game on next Thursday or Saturday?

I can almost guarantee it won't be Thursday - the Celtics have the Garden at 8 PM Thursday, and there's no reason in particular to double-book the Garden if there are other days available. Yes, it can be done, but I'm sure they don't like putting the parkay on that quickly. Plus, it would cause a Thursday playoff matinee game, which I don't think they really want to do when it's so easy to avoid. The last two years, only 3 teams played on the first day - I don't know why they'd pick the Bruins to play on day 1 with this conflict, even if they had 6 teams play on the first day. My guess would be two days out of Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the first two games.

To get back to the gameday thread:
I concur with this thread: no injuries please.

And please pick me for the shirt off our backs - I'll give Chara the jersey off my back to donate if it happens. And please, yes, no injuries first, but just get a win for a confidence booster. I know 3 of our last 5 losses don't count because they happened in shootouts, but please, just a W. You should be able to do it even if four Carons skate, one on each line.

And another thing...I know you don't care about the Presidents' Trophy, but you don't have to actively lose it to prove it. It's not the cursed tiki statue that the Brady Bunch found on their vacation to Hawaii.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope the B's have a nice win today with no injuries. Last reg season home game and this one is for the fans.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I can almost guarantee it won't be Thursday - the Celtics have the Garden at 8 PM Thursday, and there's no reason in particular to double-book the Garden if there are other days available. Yes, it can be done, but I'm sure they don't like putting the parkay on that quickly. Plus, it would cause a Thursday playoff matinee game, which I don't think they really want to do when it's so easy to avoid. The last two years, only 3 teams played on the first day - I don't know why they'd pick the Bruins to play on day 1 with this conflict, even if they had 6 teams play on the first day. My guess would be two days out of Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the first two games.

Playoffs start Wednesday. And the Celtics play Wednesday, not Thursday. I'm guessing games 1 and 2 will be Thursday and Saturday.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

To get back to the gameday thread:
I concur with this thread: no injuries please.

And please pick me for the shirt off our backs - I'll give Chara the jersey off my back to donate if it happens. And please, yes, no injuries first, but just get a win for a confidence booster. I know 3 of our last 5 losses don't count because they happened in shootouts, but please, just a W. You should be able to do it even if four Carons skate, one on each line.

And another thing...I know you don't care about the Presidents' Trophy, but you don't have to actively lose it to prove it. It's not the cursed tiki statue that the Brady Bunch found on their vacation to Hawaii.

:laugh::laugh:

Good luck with "shirts" - hope you win.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't care what day they start-I just want this team to win and hopefully take 4 games without going to the typical 7th game they have a habit of going to.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Krejci/Looch and Iggy combine for 87pts in this one after Julien called it like he saw it after the game against the Jets:)

B`s win 56-2

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm taking my dad today. Hopefully they get two points for a guy who remembers seeing REAL old time hockey. :)

I hope they play well for your Dad ! Have fun.

My Dad (and Mom) loved to go to games. I sometimes feel like they are there with me even now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad