GDT: Gm 81: Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins | 4/12/14 | 1230P ET | NESN+ | 98.5 FM

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Has any Bruin done any interview this season without saying the team has room for improvement?
I think not.
And I love this team.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Due to my son's birthday I missed the third.

What exactly happen Bergy and Pie? Were the hits legal?

What happened to their goalie?

And did I see a comment say Chara got kicked out of the game? What for?

Hate it that Pie and Bergy get injured in what is really a meaningless game.

Hope Kelly is back by Thursday.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Due to my son's birthday I missed the third.

What exactly happen Bergy and Pie? Were the hits legal?

What happened to their goalie?

And did I see a comment say Chara got kicked out of the game? What for?

Hate it that Pie and Bergy get injured in what is really a meaningless game.

Hope Kelly is back by Thursday.

Not sure what happened to Bergy...He did not come out for the "Shirts off your back" for the fans.

There was a hit on Paille...It looked a little high but wasn't really dirty. He was helped off the ice...didn't look good to me (eyes rolling back in his head).

Their goalie has a leg issue...Nothing dirty bit Krug fell on his knee ?

Looked painful.

Z and Scott were having words and the refs tossed them both.

Scott is a useless goon who tries to injure others. He poked Looch in the eye...

qc

Aug 23, 2011
proxy.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Not sure what happened to Bergy...He did not come out for the "Shirts off your back" for the fans.

There was a hit on Paille...It looked a little high but wasn't really dirty. He was helped off the ice...didn't look good to me (eyes rolling back in his head).

Their goalie has a leg issue...Nothing dirty bit Krug fell on his knee ?

Looked painful.

Z and Scott were having words and the refs tossed them both.

Scott is a useless goon who tries to injure others. He poked Looch in the eye...

Thanks-I found video of the Pie injury on the main board-didn't look good for him-he looked dazed and had weak legs.

It was nice to see Ennis try to help him though.

So we don't even know how Bergy got injured? I sure hope it isn't anything major and he sits in Boston recovering.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Seriously, how do you come up with no concussion? The tool they are using is probably not very reliable.
If you can't put one foot ahead of the other, your brain hit the side of your skull pretty hard...
I don't get it.

They don't use tools. A concussion test includes whether the subject reports any of a series of symptoms (dizziness, headache, nausea, drowsiness, sensitivity to light), and whether he can cogently answer a series of questions.

If any NHL team is going to be cautious in the extreme about concussions, it's the Bruins.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I did not see Shirts Off Their Backs, cause Center Ice....
But I heard the Caron jersey girl on the radio. She was very excited to receive a jersey, her friends had been joking that it would probably be Caron's. just as our friends here joked about receiving 38's jersey. She seemed contrite about her TV reaction. FWIW.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I did not see Shirts Off Their Backs, cause Center Ice....
But I heard the Caron jersey girl on the radio. She was very excited to receive a jersey, her friends had been joking that it would probably be Caron's. just as our friends here joked about receiving 38's jersey. She seemed contrite about her TV reaction. FWIW.

That's good to hear.

member 96824

They don't use tools. A concussion test includes whether the subject reports any of a series of symptoms (dizziness, headache, nausea, drowsiness, sensitivity to light), and whether he can cogently answer a series of questions.

If any NHL team is going to be cautious in the extreme about concussions, it's the Bruins.

Why do you say this? Curious...because they've rushed players back in the past, some like Savard in 2010 and from the looks of where things were earlier this year, Loui a little too early.

The team doctors also misdiagnosed Ryan Miller with a concussion after the Lucic hit.

What I'm saying is...there's a chance that they aren't 100% accurate no matter if they're the most cautious team in the league in your eyes or not.

To me, Paille looked concussed...looked like he didn't know what arena he was even in. Couldn't gather balance enough to stay on his skates without help. That looks like a concussion to me, so to say "concussion free" is a little concerning...but we shall see.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Why do you say this? Curious...because they've rushed players back in the past, some like Savard in 2010 and from the looks of where things were earlier this year, Loui a little too early.

The team doctors also misdiagnosed Ryan Miller with a concussion after the Lucic hit.

What I'm saying is...there's a chance that they aren't 100% accurate no matter if they're the most cautious team in the league in your eyes or not.

To me, Paille looked concussed...looked like he didn't know what arena he was even in. Couldn't gather balance enough to stay on his skates without help. That looks like a concussion to me, so to say "concussion free" is a little concerning...but we shall see.

Have you heard anyone connected with the Bruins say "concussion free"? I haven't.

The reason why I stated what I did is that the Bruins, sadly, have experience with concussions. And they didn't push Savard to return - he did it himself, later admitting that he shouldn't. Unfortunately there are no hard-and-fast physical tests (beyond the memory exams, if you want to count those) that can determine whether a player is good to go - they must depend on what the player is telling them.

I don't know why you cite Eriksson, as he didn't appear rushed to me, but I'm no doctor. All I know is that every concussion and recovery is different, and it's up to the players to he honest about how they feel.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Just saw the Pie hit.

*Sighs*

Yeah...he didn't look good. Damn. Rough time to play Buffalo.

Tough break for Pie. Just looked like he stumbled into it. Didn't see anything wrong with the hit.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That lady needs to be greatful she was even chosen to be down there.

Entitlement personafied.

some official should have gone out there, ripped the Caron sign from her hands, picked a young fan out of the crowd who would have been thrilled for the chance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad