Bruins 5-1-4
Penguins 5-5-0

Blues 5-5-0
Avalanche 7-1-2
Blackhawks 6-4-0
Ducks 7-2-1
Sharks 4-4-2
Kings 6-3-1

Bruins suck so bad lately of the top eight contenders only the Ducks and Avalanche have more points over the last ten.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
They have lost four out of their past five games....not really the type of play you want going into the playoffs.

They'll prolly lose Saturday and Sunday too because of players resting...the same players that will be cold going up against a hungry Detroit or Columbus. Not cool.

So are you saying the Bruins won't be ready to play Columbus/Philly/Detroit? I don't see the Bruins losing to Buffalo or NJ this weekend.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
They have lost four out of their past five games....not really the type of play you want going into the playoffs.

They'll prolly lose Saturday and Sunday too because of players resting...the same players that will be cold going up against a hungry Detroit or Columbus. Not cool.

You'd rather they play guys who are tired/hurting, so they can stay "hot" for a playoff series that begins four days after their last regular-season game?

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Give me Philly in round 1

These games are a mere walk in the park... just keeping the legs moving. The system works even when you don't.... amazing. No reason to get excited over a couple of shootout losses

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
Both teams have five victories in their past 10 games. I fail to see the difference (a loss is a loss).

St Louis went from being leading team for presidents trophy and facing Dallas/Phx in 1st round. To possibly finishing 2nd in the division(3rd in Conf) and facing Chicago in 1st round. Yeah that is a lot worse.

Bruins last 10 games 15 points
St Louis last 10 games 10 points

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I really don't think people should be worrying too much about how the Bruins have been playing these last few games. Closing out periods has been an issue on and off throughout the season but other than that I don't think there's many bad habits that should carry.

They've had the division and conference safely locked up for a while. They've secured home ice advantage against every team but the Ducks and have a 98% chance of securing that too. They've had a different roster every night as we are phasing guys out to rest. The effort and focus isn't really there and I don't expect it to be as they are most likely trying to ride out the rest of the season without getting any injuries before getting into playoff mode. In a perfect world every game matters but really at this point it doesn't and they've got to feel it.

Furthermore they were playing tonight without arguably the 3 most critical guys for this team (Rask, Chara, Bergy). If this were the playoffs and we didn't have them I'd say we'd be pretty much ****.

Bruins are a different animal in the playoffs and honestly they've been more focused and had better effort this regular season than they usually do so I can't really get on them for coasting their last week before the playoffs.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I really don't think people should be worrying too much about how the Bruins have been playing these last few games. Closing out periods has been an issue on and off throughout the season but other than that I don't think there's many bad habits that should carry.

Can I still be pissed off because they played like ****? I'd like the home ice advantage if possible, and they are trying hard not to get it.
I also just watched a couple of hours of sub par hockey from the best team vs a bottom feeder.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
Can I still be pissed off because they played like ****? I'd like the home ice advantage if possible, and they are trying hard not to get it.
I also just watched a couple of hours of sub par hockey from the best team vs a bottom feeder.

Sure but keep it in perspective, game really means nothing in the long run. Right now they have home ice over every team but one and 2 points in the final 2 games gets it over every team

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Both teams have five victories in their past 10 games. I fail to see the difference (a loss is a loss).

Then open your eyes. St Louis is in free fall losing 4 straight games with no shootouts!and if Colorado wins tonight, they will lose 1st place in their division and have to play Chicago in the 1st round of the playoffs so they have had something to play for.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Bruins-bench-April-10-2014-300x200.jpg

Bruins post-game: Coach Julien, Brad Marchand, Gregory Campbell and Chad Johnson.

To listen click here.

member 96824

Then open your eyes. St Louis is in free fall losing 4 straight games with no shootouts!and if Colorado wins tonight, they will lose 1st place in their division and have to play Chicago in the 1st round of the playoffs so they have had something to play for.

They're also playing a similar line up to us right now. Sobotka is top center, Jaskin is in the top 6, etc. Etc.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Not really. First off, we dominated Detroit and Toronto. Ineffectiveness, lucky bounces and bad reffing decided both those games. We were better than Minnesota, they didn't have anything in the whole third period until we started playing to preserve the lead on the PP with 5 min left. I'm sure St. Louis fans will say they dominated Minnesota tonight (and they most likely did, winning shots with a 3 to 1 ratio), but they also have a lot more to play for than the Bruins do - and still have performed much worse. This game wasn't good at all (still probably had more grade a scoring chances than Winnipeg, Hutch saved them several times), but other than that we've looked fine lately, probably just as good as during the winning streak, except bounces have gone against us instead of our way.

The lines being shifted up every game certainly doesn't help either, having three lines that were always capable of having great games - and always having two of those lines playing really well if one took a game off - was what got us that win streak (along with the fourth line playing even or better almost every night). The D lineups haven't been stable either, and we have at least 2-3 of our top 6 most important players sitting out every game lately. Excuse me if a couple shootout losses (which don't even exist in the playoffs) don't make me jump off a bridge in panic.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Ye im out till the playoffs start...

This is too frustrating/pointless to watch.

Hopefully all the guys get their rest.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
They're also playing a similar line up to us right now. Sobotka is top center, Jaskin is in the top 6, etc. Etc.

Only worse for them cause their players (Backes, Oshie, Tarasenko) out with injuries while ours are mostly just DTD/healthy scratches

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I feel like i should care about this loss, but i don't.

Playoffs locked up, home ice through the conference playoffs, etc.

Quite frankly, i don't want the President's Trophy. Thing's a curse i tells ya.

jdz

May 22, 2013
I feel like i should care about this loss, but i don't.

Playoffs locked up, home ice through the conference playoffs, etc.

Quite frankly, i don't want the President's Trophy. Thing's a curse i tells ya.

Theyre trying their hardest not to win it for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad