Post-Game Talk: GM 78: Blackhawks def. Canucks - 3-1 (Dorsett)

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I can't believe you guys think that 3rd goal was on Horvat. Garrett is a fool. Any Peewee player knows that if you are the last man back you don't leave the ice until the puck is clear. That's fully and completely on WEBER!! Weber sent a pass to a man on the strong side (2 players defending) short of the blueline.

Horvat thinks you're wrong:

BEST ISSUE

Things just aren’t the same when the Horvat line isn’t cooking. The line did not look itself tonight. Horvat just has not had jump recently.

He blocked a shot off his knee the other night.

Issue?

“It didn’t feel too great, but I walked it off. It’s nothing serious.â€

What he felt was serious was his giveaway that led to the backbreaker third Hawks goal.

“I ran out of room in the neutral zone and he just picked it off on me,†Horvat said.

“It definitely didn’t help the cause.

“It’s frustrating"

From Botchfords Provies

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I would pull Kenins and Vey if both Richardson and Kassian come back tomorrow. It's just so nerve wracking without the x there.

nhlfarmteams

Jul 21, 2014
So Horvat takes it on the chin for a teamate. That doesn't mean it was his fault. As I stated any dman in peewee knows you don't blow the zone when you pass the puck to the strong side when you are the last man back. There were 2 players on Horvat. That was an irresponsible change by Weber.

I bet if you ask Willie what he thought of the play he wouldn't put it on Horvat.

Horvat thinks you're wrong:

From Botchfords Provies

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Horvat takes a certain amount of responsibility for turning it over in the neutral zone, but that line change was garbage beyond garbage. Like, they didn't even wait for the puck to get deep in any fashion. It was just asking for a breakaway to leave the ice before they hit center.

Credit Sbisa for almost getting back in time off the bench though.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I dont blame bo for that mistakes happend but weber needs to have acountabiltiy too u know. Over all bad effort and think the guys coasted thinking is all easy but bam the kings won and now we probably play them first round. What a joke. WD better think of some thing for tomorrow cause the jets are thirsty for victory i dont think we can even do it

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It wasn't solely on Horvat, but he tried to skate through Kruger. That's not a smart play either. But the game was a symphony of errors, and there isn't one player I can call out and say "you screwed up worse than everyone else!".

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I stopped watching when the 3rd goal was scored, and I didn't even pay attention when that goal unfolded, but overall, it was a crappy game. Both teams were playing sloppy and uninspired, and the reffing was garbage in both directions - again.

Dorsett was having a good game - his line was our best of the night, but that is more of an indication of how everyone else was playing.

The defence were either okay, or useless, but they were better than the forwards.

Kenins and Henrik were having particularly terrible games. Kenins was making mistakes that WD has trying to been work out of him, and Henrik was acting like an utter fool out there - very disappointing to see your captain make such worthless and foolish plays.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
First off, Chicago played really well. Their forecheck and puck pressure were awesome, and playing our 3rd game in 4 nights on the road, they were the better team. No shame in that.

Bizarro world game from the forwards given what we've seen for most of the last 2 months. Sedin line and Horvat line were very poor, while the Bonino line was easily our best and Dorsett had a very good game.

Tanev was unreal and Edler very good. These guys need their icetime pushed into the 30 minute range for the playoffs and should be playing 25+ now.

Hamhuis fought the puck a bit but defended well. Criticism of him is very unfair.

Sbieksa were flying by the seats of their pants yet again. Nearly every time things started unravelling defensively, 3 and 5 are chickens with heads cut off out there.

Lack was awesome again. Deserved a better result.

Kenins really had a struggle out there and could use a rest. Looks tired.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
First off, Chicago played really well. Their forecheck and puck pressure were awesome, and playing our 3rd game in 4 nights on the road, they were the better team. No shame in that.

Bizarro world game from the forwards given what we've seen for most of the last 2 months. Sedin line and Horvat line were very poor, while the Bonino line was easily our best and Dorsett had a very good game.

Tanev was unreal and Edler very good. These guys need their icetime pushed into the 30 minute range for the playoffs and should be playing 25+ now.

Hamhuis fought the puck a bit but defended well. Criticism of him is very unfair.

Sbieksa were flying by the seats of their pants yet again. Nearly every time things started unravelling defensively, 3 and 5 are chickens with heads cut off out there.

Lack was awesome again. Deserved a better result.

Kenins really had a struggle out there and could use a rest. Looks tired.

I wouldn't say Chicago was playing well either, to be honest. If they were playing really well, the score would have reflected that because we were playing very sloppy. Chicago was whiffing on it's chances and making brutal plays defensively just as bad as we were the whole time until the game was no longer tied. I can't vouch for anything beyond that because I stopped watching after the 3rd goal.

The team definitely looked tired. For specific players:

Henrik Sedin was absolutely brutal. Ridiculous giveaways.
Daniel Sedin looked very slow out there.
Burrows had no fight for the puck.

Higgins was moving his feet well, but wasn't getting near the puck well enough.
Bonino was doing okay, but his passes weren't crisp, and I think Vrbata and Higgins suffered as a result.
Vrbata was moving, but didn't manage to get much int he way of good scoring chances.

Kenins had an awful game. Not throwing the hits we love him for, not playing creative offensively, and making the same mistakes Willie has been trying to teach him not to make, like skating it out of the zone and losing it.
Horvat was okay, but he definitely wasn't good. Uncharacteristically tentative.
Hansen was barely moving, aside for a couple shifts.

Matthias actually looked like he wanted to throw some hits, but he doesn't know how so he was pretty lame.
Vey was okay, but had little support on the forecheck.
Dorsett played like he usually does, and looked like our best forward. That's how bad the forwards played.

Edler and Tanev looked good, yes.
Hamhuis made a couple good plays, but was fighting the puck as he has been since his injury.
Weber didn't do much, not much to say here.
Sbieksa is the usual tire-fire.

Lack was fine, but Hawks weren't putting up the amazing grade-A chances we are used to seeing from them from their high-flying north-south style.

I'm sure our team was very tired. Maybe they felt it more worth their time to save their energy for the Winnipeg game :dunno:

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I think it took a herculean effort to win that Nashville game. So I didn't expect a lot of energy from the canucks vs chicago.

I do hope the Canucks bring it vs the peg.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I wonder how Miller returning to practice will affect Lack's game? They are not acting like Lack has displaced anybody or won anything.

Canucks have a chance of having a hot goalie in the playoffs for the first time in years. They are going to maximize their chances, if possible. Miller will play in Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad