Post-Game Talk: GM 78: Blackhawks def. Canucks - 3-1 (Dorsett)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
large.png
@
large.png

(77GP | 45-27-5 | 2nd Pacific)___(76GP | 46-24-6 | 3rd Central)

When: Thursday, April 2nd, 2015
Where: United Center, Chicago, IL
Matchup: Canucks leads the season series 2-0.

----------

CXA113_Canucks_Blackhawks_Hockey.JPG

Vancouver Canucks
(Speculated & Unconfirmed Line-up)

SedinDaniel.png
SedinHenrik.png
BurrowsAlex.png

HigginsChris.png
Bonino-Nick.png
Vrbata-Radim.png

MatthiasShawn_2.png
Vey-Linden.png
Dorsett-Derek.png

Kenins-Ronalds.png
Horvat-Bo.png
HansenJannik.png

EdlerAlex.png
TanevChristopher_1.png

HamhuisDan.png
WeberYannick_1.png

Sbisa-Luca.png
BieksaKevin.png

LackEddie_1.png
MarkstromJacob_3.png

---------

463216020_slide.jpg

Chicago Blackhawks:

EPVRrny.png

FQ7cjff.png

YEJZZPw.png

Last edited by a moderator:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Eddie Eddie Eddie

And I'm not chanting his name, that's just how the starts will go - Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.

Hope Markstrom goes in this game.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Lack should get the start again. Play Markstrom against Winnipeg.

Barely, but still more important to beat Winnipeg. I'd go Markstrom in Chi.

I don't know if it's too early to start picking opponents, but I don't think there are many people out there who would disagree with making it more difficult for LA to make the playoffs (outside of LA), so playing the lesser goalie vs Winnipeg would be a good idea I think.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I don't know if it's too early to start picking opponents, but I don't think there are many people out there who would disagree with making it more difficult for LA to make the playoffs (outside of LA), so playing the lesser goalie vs Winnipeg would be a good idea I think.

We're not playing a wildcard opponent anyway unless it's round 2. Ducks would beat Winnipeg, but who I want between the Ducks and LA is more or less a toss-up, truth be told.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014

I hope the Vancouver Canucks are not thinking this way. I have no issue with LA being the 8 seed. Anaheim might.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Lack is going to play until we clinch. If Markstrom didn't play on the second half of a back to back I see no reason why Willie would play him in the next few games.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
This is the way i see it shake down...

Lack starts vs Chi...
Start Markstrom vs Wpg

That gives Lack a 3 day break for the final 3 games.. Polish up with Rollie and away we go...

Then ride Lack till we clinch.

Edit...

Actually the more i think about it...
Lack has played 5 straight now.
Coming off of 2 big wins.
Why not sit him now for his 3 day break, and then ride him for the final 4 or till we clinch.

This is just assuming he even requires a rest in the first place.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
it'll be eddie tomorrow, eddie on saturday. if we don't clinch it'll be eddie on monday.

Our final 2 is against the Coyotes and Oilers. Markstrom can start both if we have the #2 seed locked up.

There's also a week or so between the end of regular season and the playoffs where Lack can rest. He'll mostly be video scouting our opponent during that week so it'll be adequate rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad