Post-Game Talk: GM 78: Blackhawks def. Canucks - 3-1 (Dorsett)

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
LA has a game in hand, one game against us and now 5 points back. Sort of glad Calgary lost tonight, because we'd still be in the drivers seat butttttttt it would have been a nerve wracking last few games.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
agree. We're still going to finish 2nd in the division and it wasn't a terrible game. Both Goalies played great

It wasn't a "normal" Canucks/Hawks game but both teams had their chances.

I really can't wait for Kassian to come back and be on the Sedin's wing. His size and presence will open up a lot of room in tight checking games like tonight.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
3 in 4 on the road good effort boys. Jk i didnt watch but yea just put away wpg and call it a day

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Lack gets blunt on his analysis of the 1st goal, in Botchfords Provies

BEST BLUNTNESS

Could Lack have made that save on the first goal if his stick wasn’t knocked out of his hand?

“No, no, no. He was all alone in front. I made a save and it went to the other side. We had a guy in front of me so I couldn’t really get over either.

“I was kind of ********.”

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
agree. We're still going to finish 2nd in the division and it wasn't a terrible game. Both Goalies played great

Pretty much. The Horvat mess up did us in but Bo's been strong the whole season so I'm not going to ride him too hard for one miscue.

Literally the definition of can't win them all, put up a good fight. On to Winnipeg.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
First goal was weak tea, Lack openly acknowledged that.

Kruger totally made Lack bite on that second goal. Good on him, that was a nice goal and he out worked our D.

Third goal had Horvat try to pull an NHL 15 and skate through someone. Gross.

The only goal support was a fluke from our good friend Dorsett, who undressed one of the best D in the league.

Very disappointing night, but it wasn't an embarrassment at least, strong effort next game and Bob Loblaw.

nhlfarmteams

Jul 21, 2014
I can't believe you guys think that 3rd goal was on Horvat. Garrett is a fool. Any Peewee player knows that if you are the last man back you don't leave the ice until the puck is clear. That's fully and completely on WEBER!! Weber sent a pass to a man on the strong side (2 players defending) short of the blueline.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
I can't believe you guys think that 3rd goal was on Horvat. Garrett is a fool. Any Peewee player knows that if you are the last man back you don't leave the ice until the puck is clear. That's fully and completely on WEBER!! Weber sent a pass to a man on the strong side (2 players defending) short of the blueline.
Too true. One of many irresponsible changes last night.

Kenins really had a rough game. Weak on the boards was one bad thing but the indecisiveness in the o-zone really hurt his line. Probably out vs Winnipeg if Zack draws in.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
We really shouldn't be too worried as long as Richardson + Kassian come back for the post season. We'll have 4 lines to throw out that can do damage and it'll be comparable to some of the other top teams in the West.

It's the defense that is worrying. And by defense, I mean Kevin Bieksa.

The playoffs are going to be interesting. Literally have no idea what will happen.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
For the first time, I'm honestly fine with sitting Kenins. He's obviously falling way back to Earth. Hell, even Horvat is experiencing the same thing. Both are likely tuckered out from going all out for the longest time. Horvat obviously doesn't need to be scratched but let Kenins sit and take a breather for Kassian/Richardson.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Ain't even mad.

This was a loss where you can say the team played well. Hard fought effort, and the better team won tonight, as it always seems to be in Canucks/Hawks games. I've been more concerned after wins where we were running a fire drill in our own zone and fluked out a couple of late ones than I am tonight.

Besides, it's Thursday. We haven't won a Thursday game since the season premiere of Archer. Now that season's done so hopefully we can win again.

Also, Edler was brain-dead with the puck tonight, and that's the worst I've seen the Horvat/Kenins/Hansen line since it's been put together.

**** happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
For the first time, I'm honestly fine with sitting Kenins. He's obviously falling way back to Earth. Hell, even Horvat is experiencing the same thing. Both are likely tuckered out from going all out for the longest time. Horvat obviously doesn't need to be scratched but let Kenins sit and take a breather for Kassian/Richardson.

Yea 3 in 4 on the road the rookies look raw

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Yeah Kenins needs to sit so he can get back to basics. He's getting the mythical "Dale Weise syndrome" where he's trying to do more than his skill allows.

I'm fine with McMillan drawing in for a game or two because we've used up our call-ups.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
sit kenins and bring in mcmillian? hasnt been the effective player we saw when he was first called up. probably battling an injury?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
mcmillan doesnt even have a chance of being effective. kenins giving the puck away doesn't make the alternative a passable nhl player.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
sit kenins and bring in mcmillian? hasnt been the effective player we saw when he was first called up. probably battling an injury?

Lets hope kassian and/or richardson can play.

Although the airlift of hope never seem to come true.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
The Hawks needed that win more, and it showed.

Next two games the opposition is going to be the same. Needing it more.

Hopefully we can get a win out of the next two games.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
The Hawks needed that win more, and it showed.

Next two games the opposition is going to be the same. Needing it more.

Hopefully we can get a win out of the next two games.

That is Vancouver's problem. They don't want it, enough. This will kill them in the playoffs, obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad