GDT: Gm 73: Chicago Blackhawks @ Boston Bruins | 3/27/14 | 7P ET | NESN NHLN-US | 98.5 FM

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don't think I've ever seen the Bruins have as balanced of a TOI before.

Damn, even more impressive.

Good night, fellow lunatic fringe. We can all be a little less loony tonight.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Yes,but at least ,for once we weren't back on our heels and were able to put some pressure on them.In the Finals ,we were able to weather their pressure often but it felt like Chicago was in control for most of the series.

True. Alan Ryan told me that on the Chicago feed, their announcers complimented the B's saying: "No team has disrupted the Blackhawks offensive flow this year like the Bruins did tonight, especially with their play in the neutral zone and hitting."

As you say, in the finals the B's would too often weather the storm. Chip it out, and the Hawks would cycle it back, make one pass and be coming back over our line. We gave them too much in the neutral zone in the finals. CJ looks like he wants to see more forced turnovers by the B's there. At least it seems so this year. Guys are being more aggressive, forcing puck carriers in open ice to make a quicker play. Where last year they were always in position, but reluctant in that sense.

If we could have pressured Crawford more often, he would have folded, imo. Whereas Tuukka is almost expected to see the better scoring chances and shots, and keep us in it.

Not convinced it would be much different in that respect if we drew them again. They have more speed, and move the puck well the second they have it. However, they'd also be facing three lines that can pressure and score. That we certainly didn't have last time.

Kevin Weekes is giving the B's big props tonight. Another guy backing Tuukka for the Vezina.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
He'll get the last game of the year off, like he always does.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that he wants to play all the games.

That's exactly what I expect from big Z. I wouldn't want it any other way...but I hope Clode will sit him for a game or two before the playoffs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
True. Alan Ryan told me that on the Chicago feed, their announcers complimented the B's saying: "No team has disrupted the Blackhawks offensive flow this year like the Bruins did tonight, especially with their play in the neutral zone and hitting."

As you say, in the finals the B's would too often weather the storm. Chip it out, and the Hawks would cycle it back, make one pass and be coming back over our line. We gave them too much in the neutral zone in the finals. CJ looks like he wants to see more forced turnovers by the B's there. At least it seems so this year. Guys are being more aggressive, forcing puck carriers in open ice to make a quicker play. Where last year they were always in position, but reluctant in that sense.

If we could have pressured Crawford more often, he would have folded, imo. Whereas Tuukka is almost expected to see the better scoring chances and shots, and keep us in it.

Not convinced it would be much different in that respect if we drew them again. They have more speed, and move the puck well the second they have it. However, they'd also be facing three lines that can pressure and score. That we certainly didn't have last time.

Kevin Weekes is giving the B's big props tonight. Another guy backing Tuukka for the Vezina.

All comes down to health and production from the depth players for me, Hawks had some injuries too, but you look at the injuries and who had them with the B`s, and the non-existent contributions from a few players and we saw what happened.

Good solid game last night, hardly the most riveting but satisfying nonetheless

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Strong game by the Bs. Out chanced Chicago and were the better team. Though them missing Kane might have helped us a bit lol. Bergy was what Toews wants to be last night. 2 goals and 67% in faceoffs etc. Not to be a Richard, but hate what Crawford did on that goal. Should've got an unsportsman like penalty to go with the goal against. Anyways, Bruins still hot. Spreading the time around, hope to see Meszaros & Potter get some more games in.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Ditto. Pretty solid all around effort. Rask is playing unconscious right now. Really impressed with the play of the young defensemen, especially Miller and Dougie. Bart had a little bit of a rough start but rebounded nicely.

If there's an achilles heal on this team right now, it's our inability to finish in the offensive zone and the inexperience of our backliners. Really splitting hairs here as this as well a rounded B's team as I've seen in years.

Well played game on both sides. Pleasure to watch good clean, tough hockey unlike the other night.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
the absence of Kane hurt as as much as them, in this way: having him playing at 100% would have really given us a more solid opportunity to judge how much we miss Seids. 33 can spend all his time covering Toews, we knew that, but we still don't know how well the kids on the d-corps can do vs an elite secondary scoring threat.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
He'll get the last game of the year off, like he always does.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that he wants to play all the games.

Patty, do you think last year was an anomolly in that it was a shortened season with more games packed in to a short time frame, plus the playoffs where due to the long first round there wasn't much time to rest?

I think he should be good to go.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
the absence of Kane hurt as as much as them, in this way: having him playing at 100% would have really given us a more solid opportunity to judge how much we miss Seids. 33 can spend all his time covering Toews, we knew that, but we still don't know how well the kids on the d-corps can do vs an elite secondary scoring threat.

Yes,but I believe in the kids now,even Bart.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

We also will have more mobility on the backend,it remains to be seen how the kids will perform in the playoffs but if last night is any indication,being more mobile should help.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
well this is just peachy...

Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac 13m
Chara: "At this point I'm expecting to play every game."

I think that's just Chara being a soldier. He's not going to speculate about sitting out some games, he's going to prepare and treat it as though he'll play in the next game.

I don't think that's some sort of inclination that he won't be sat for a breather in the final stretch coming up. History shows that Claude usually takes him out of the last couple games before the playoffs. (If I remember correctly)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Took this last night. World class organization.

image_zps4225bcca.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I just noted that the Bs were only credited with 23 shots, to Chicago's 28. It didn't seem to me that we were outshot. Could be that the Hawks shots all came in bunches.

I said to my wife late in the third how I wished we could play this team more than twice a year. It always seems to be a good game against them. Fun to watch.

We also had a lot of shots to wide or get blocked-so it feels like we shot more but we weren't generating sog.

I think both teams can play better so not sure this game was any kind of watershed but the Hawks sure look different without Kane.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Took this last night. World class organization.

image_zps4225bcca.jpg

Sometimes it would be nice if HF had a like button.

I thought it was really nice of the Bruins to recognize, remember and Honor the Boston fire department at this time of loss. It won't bring back the lost fire fighters but it can help with bringing the community together.

Boston sure has some sad to deal with over the past year-just wonderful to see the team do what it can.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Patty, do you think last year was an anomolly in that it was a shortened season with more games packed in to a short time frame, plus the playoffs where due to the long first round there wasn't much time to rest?

I think he should be good to go.

I think he'll be good to go too, last year he played every game and maybe they thought he didn't need any rest or he didn't want any rest. He got 2 games off before the Olympics and his team there was done quickly so he's gotten some rest already. I do think they will sit him out the last game, maybe 2 but I doubt it.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I think he'll be good to go too, last year he played every game and maybe they thought he didn't need any rest or he didn't want any rest. He got 2 games off before the Olympics and his team there was done quickly so he's gotten some rest already. I do think they will sit him out the last game, maybe 2 but I doubt it.

Last game is April 13th. Playoffs start on the 16th and who knows when the b's would start. I can see him missing the sunday afternoon game against the devils.

we shall see.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
We also had a lot of shots to wide or get blocked-so it feels like we shot more but we weren't generating sog.

I think both teams can play better so not sure this game was any kind of watershed but the Hawks sure look different without Kane.

Yep.

Not many players that can occasionally beat the "layers" of defense. But he's one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad