GDT: Gm 73: Chicago Blackhawks @ Boston Bruins | 3/27/14 | 7P ET | NESN NHLN-US | 98.5 FM

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
mmKj7eu.jpg

qqUHzMH.png

Two iconic franchises, two of the most recognizable logos in sport.

Note: In pre-planning for this GDT (yes, these are serious, top-secret meetings), the plan was at first to show all the ways Boston rules over Chicago.
Once I was called to pinch hit I realized that try as I might, it's hard for me to hate Chicago. So what follows is my inner turmoil.

Q2zQLdL.jpg

I don't like chunky food so I'm all over the Greek-style Boston pizza....but that Chicago-style pie looks pretty good.

y0ClflZ.jpg

I could've talked about how crappy the L is but I use the T daily so that's an argument I can't make with a straight face.

7zX6cUo.jpg

I like both classic rock bands, but while Chicago sold more albums, Boston didn't start making schmaltzy, schmoopy pop crap in their latter years.

ElBtBZ6.jpg

Like most New Englanders, I'll always have a solid complaint for a Nor'easter but trust me; those winds coming off Lake Michigan are BROOOOTAL.
It ain't the Windy City for no reason.

ACdmjYg.jpg

This is easy for me. Mad respect for #23 but I hate the NBA. Our iconic sport statue wins erryday and twice on Sunday.

zsghvd5.jpg

Classic Ballparks, historic baseball teams. I'm a huge Red Sox guy but Fenway's a dump. Sorry. Wrigley's a gem.
Note: We won't go into football. No one needs to remember 1985.

After some reflection, it's still hard for me to dislike Chicago. That said, if we want to take a look at hockey....
81QHAKz.jpg

Our guy....

lMJXRt9.jpg

...their guy.
Note: Scouts honor, I couldn't find a picture of Captain Serious with the Selke, and I looked for like six whole minutes, but this comes up?

That would be Czechmate.
bos_a_krejci_b2_300.jpg

fDTKf8w.jpg

eXIqzH2.jpg

:bruins

p7KFyzz.png

Seidenmoose still looks for Bartman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nice GDT.

Beautiful photo of Fenway.

Hope for a good game with no injuries.

Chicago is cool as are the fans.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Nice GDT, one day I will go to both cities and experience both Fenway and Wrigley.

Hopefully the Bruins can pull out a win and continue their 13 game "point" streak.

Rock and Roll.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I went to Wrigley and sat behind homeplate and Ken Griffey Jr hit a home run it was the best.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I'm just so glad we lost the Cup to Chicago and won against Vancouver, rather than the other way around. I was able to enjoy a phenomenal series last year, rather than constantly thinking and yelling "**** these little ****ing ****ers". :laugh:

Should be another good one. Two of, if not the two best teams in the league.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Nice GDT, one day I will go to both cities and experience both Fenway and Wrigley.

Hopefully the Bruins can pull out a win and continue their 13 game "point" streak.

Rock and Roll.

I went to hockey games at both. Never been to a baseball game at either. :D

Great job, SoM. Subtle but heartfelt tribute there. :propeller

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Awesome GDT SOM!
Love the Seidenmoose still looking for Bartman.

Two teams that have huge respect for each other. Just hoping for a good game with no injuries.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Rock and Roll.

How about the Boston Garden experience ?:)

CrowSettere

Oct 17, 2013
Palmer, MA
:laugh:

Don't care much for Baseball, But I remember going to Kenmore station leaving First Night 2010 and 2011, what a dump.

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I could not bring myself to watch the Blackhawks skate around with the cup.

I shut game 6 off as soon as the siren went off and have never watched any hilights or replays.

BeardBros

Everything hurt more
Jun 10, 2009

I shut game 6 off as soon as the siren went off and have never watched any hilights or replays.

Same here. Had to sell my tickets for that one and was at Disney with the family, so that helped with the sadness. Sure was glad to be there instead of the game that night.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I shut my tv off also.I think tomorrow I will be paying attention to the new faces on the team[Miller,Soderberg,Smith etc.]to see how they play against Chicago.It is amazing the number of changes the Bruins made for a team that was so close to going 7 games against Chicago.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
i'm headed to Wrigley this summer that'll be fun. But even after watching them skate around the garden with the cup i still don't hate them... I stayed firmly in my seat until about half the hawks had touched the cup then I depressingly walked out...

that said lets take it to them tomorrow. wont change what happened but it will make my tomorrow night better.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I like Toews but that pic is so grumpy cat.

And while I love my Bruins and love the history and visiting Boston, at least Chicago has a grid. Boston-seems designed to get you lost. Thank god for the T.

Looking forward to this game-Chicago won't be easy and even without Kane still has a lot of fire power.

Glad the Bruins have had a couple of days off.

member 96824

Chicago's pizza soup may be the most overrated thing in America.

Go B's

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul

Same here .... did not see or ever want to see the last 2 goals of that game or the cup raising , maybe on my death bed with a bottle of JD honey....:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad