GDT: Gm 70: Boston Bruins @ Colorado Avalanche | 3/21/14 | 9P ET | NESN, RDS | 98.5 FM

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
was initially suppose to have a shorty shift at the restaurant, one of our toolbox staff members quit on the spot Friday morning, and his fellow toolboxes wouldn`t step up and take his closing shift for last night so this old guy took it.

Nice to see another 2pts in the column

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Most Wins in the NHL
Best Home Record in the NHL
6th Best Away Record in the NHL
2nd in Goals in the NHL
2nd in Goals Against in the NHL
4th Best Powerplay
9th Best Penalty Kill
1st in 5 on 5 goals

+77 Goal Differental
2nd best is STL at +65

Not bad :)

Apparently we needed to trade for more scoring?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Either that or begin shuffling the lines around so people's favorite player can assume a role that he is currently not playing. Winning takes a back seat to line shuffling always.

No reason why Paille is wasted on the 4th line when clearly he should be on the 1st in Looch`s spot:sarcasm:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I fell asleep and missed the 3rd period so it was very nice to wake up to the text that we are the 1st team to clinch a playoff spot and we won :)

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
@PHX
MTL
CHI
@WSH
@PHI

Tough week ahead.. Sadly they're going to have to lose at some point.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Crazy how well this team is wining. Johnson plays a real good team on the road andwins. Chara's time is cut for rest and the kids step up and fill the void seamlessly. The Bs are having fun and trying different things. Playing loose with no pressure. LOVE THIS TEAM. Loved that Soda goal, Erik and him cycle, Erik screens the goalie, Soda snipes. Looked soooo easy lol. Ever since Soda switched over to center, he has been the 7th player, forget Smith & Krug, regardless of how well they have been playing.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Av's fans are so arrogant already.

You would think being non-achievers for so long would settle them the **** down, but nope.

Don't care for the team, and don't care for the fans.

In reading their GDT thread, the majority of them seem pretty knowledgeable and rational. Same penalties that we were like "Huh?!" when we got called on them, they were saying the same.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
good job by CJ, and still wondering what ref was looking at when miller steamrolled holden but was called for an elbow. millsy leads the team with 23:10 last night, not bad.

avs will be really good when they pick up a few strong defensemen. major achilles heel for them currently.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
@PHX
MTL
CHI
@WSH
@PHI

Would prefer it not be at the hands of the Habs or Hawks.

But yeah streaks gonna end at some point-and personally I want them to lock up the east and rest players as much as they can. The only rest Chara will see IMO will come through limiting minutes and resting him the last game or two.

But all the Dmen should see some rest and I wouldn't mind seeing Thornton, Kelly and maybe Iginla get a game of rest.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
What a game! Our boys played an awesome game.. Yes Colorado were all over us in is our zone for a good part of that game, and our Goalie had to make some huge saves to which gave us our 11th straight win. They are highly skilled in the offensive zone and are fast as heck which reminds me a bit of Montreal's game.. But what comes to mind is that yes speed can hurt us but, I really like our chances in a 7 game series against these quick skating teams..

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
@PHX
MTL
CHI
@WSH
@PHI

The game I want to win ( In regulation) is against Chicago! Of course and Montreal.. That Chicago game I don't care what anyone says will be a measuring stick. They will be using us as a measuring stick for sure and will want to win that game.. Every team will measure there game against ours and will play us hard especially in these last few games to try and break our win streak

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
What a game! Our boys played an awesome game.. Yes Colorado were all over us in is our zone for a good part of that game, and our Goalie had to make some huge saves to which gave us our 11th straight win. They are highly skilled in the offensive zone and are fast as heck which reminds me a bit of Montreal's game.. But what comes to mind is that yes speed can hurt us but, I really like our chances in a 7 game series against these quick skating teams..
Last year we struggled against fast skating teams but I think the additional depth up front and perhaps the young legs on D give us the ability to weather the storm and then apply some sustained pressure.Against Chicago,we were obviously back on our heels far too often to have a realistic chance to win.I like our chances,the Bruins are going to be an extremely hard team to put down and I am not sure if there is a team that can beat them 4 times in a 7 game series.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The game I want to win ( In regulation) is against Chicago! Of course and Montreal.. That Chicago game I don't care what anyone says will be a measuring stick. They will be using us as a measuring stick for sure and will want to win that game.. Every team will measure there game against ours and will play us hard especially in these last few games to try and break our win streak

I am not too concerened if we win the game against Chicago as long as we can play at the same level as them.Let's be realistic,we have won 11 games in a row and the streak will end at some point.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I am not too concerened if we win the game against Chicago as long as we can play at the same level as them.Let's be realistic,we have won 11 games in a row and the streak will end at some point.

No doubt. I would not be in the least hurt if they even lost tonight. I am beyond happy with this team right now and am ready to get the playoffs started!

Agreed I wouldn't mind if we lost against Chicago but as long as play at that same level as they..

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I'm totally sure that someone has already commented about this somewhere, but my it looks good:

Most wins: 48
Most ROWs: 46 (by a significant margin)*
Tied for fewest GA: 149
3rd for most GF: 225 (behind Chicago: 240, and St Louis: 226)
Biggest GF/GA Differential: +76
Most Home Wins: 28
11-game Win-streak
1st team to Clinch a Playoff spot
16-Point Division Lead
6-Point Conference Lead
Bergeron with the League's best +/-
Rask with the most Shotouts
Rask in the top-5 of all 4 principle goalie stats

And all of that makes me worry that the team might disappoint us in the Playoffs. I'm optimistic, but prepared for the unexpected.

Oh, and I'm not superstitious. I don't believe in jinxes.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'm totally sure that someone has already commented about this somewhere, but my it looks good:

Most wins: 48
Most ROWs: 46 (by a significant margin)*
Tied for fewest GA: 149
3rd for most GF: 225 (behind Chicago: 240, and St Louis: 226)
Biggest GF/GA Differential: +76
Most Home Wins: 28
11-game Win-streak
1st team to Clinch a Playoff spot
16-Point Division Lead
6-Point Conference Lead
Bergeron with the League's best +/-
Rask with the most Shotouts
Rask in the top-5 of all 4 principle goalie stats

And all of that makes me worry that the team might disappoint us in the Playoffs. I'm optimistic, but prepared for the unexpected.

Oh, and I'm not superstitious. I don't believe in jinxes.

There are never any guarantees in the playoffs but I think we are going to win the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad