GDT: Gm 70: Boston Bruins @ Colorado Avalanche | 3/21/14 | 9P ET | NESN, RDS | 98.5 FM

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Very impressed by Miller.
Still not sold on Bart.

Was the kind of game Krug fits well.

Good game by Chad.

First line had a difficult first half of the game.

Big win on the road.

When is 55 suppose to come back ?

Miller was very good tonight, and led the B's TOI with over 23 minutes, but not sold on Bart? Really? Thought the kid was an absolute rock out there tonight, he was third in TOI (20:02 behind Miller and Z who was just over 22 min), and I didn't see him make a mistake/bad decision all game against a very fast team.

I'm also having a real hard time figuring out how the ref closest to the goal (who was about 10 ft away) waived Soderberg's goal off initially? I'm starting to think it's the refs who have an eye problem, not Carl.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Miller was very good tonight, and led the B's TOI with over 23 minutes, but not sold on Bart? Really? Thought the kid was an absolute rock out there tonight, he was third in TOI (20:02 behind Miller and Z who was just over 22 min), and I didn't see him make a mistake/bad decision all game against a very fast team.

I'm also having a real hard time figuring out how the ref closest to the goal (who was about 10 ft away) waived Soderberg's goal off initially? I'm starting to think it's the refs who have an eye problem, not Carl.

Yup, Bart had a good game tonight. His first in quite some time, imo, though.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Krejci line for the first time in awhile seemed way off, Iggy especially.

Bergy line looked excellent (Still wanna see Smith get that confidence back).

Miller is just <3. The guy is the ideal stay at home D-man.

member 96824

I for the life of me, will never understand the "We just beat them, quick run over to their board and see what they're saying! LOL THEY'RE OVERREACTING!! Quick, run back and tell our fans the findings!"

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

--------
Have to admit it. I'm not sold on his decision making - dislike his pinching decision - feel he often is not THE first guy on the puck. But you're right, I 'm not sold on the guy and my POV is tinted with it. Tonight he was not that bad.

As for the Soderberg goal, for being a ref in an ancient life, my thoughts is the guy didn't see the puck but heard to sound of it on the back door post. Only way I can see it.

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster

The miss Soderberg's goal, but they can call an elbow on Miller from half a rink away?

As far as Avs fans and refs go, we can be as bad after a loss. We both see our opponents get away with a crime wave, but generally are unable to see our own team pull the same stunts. (there are exceptional whiner and diver teams and fanbases, as we all know, but I don't count the Avs among them.)

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Most Wins in the NHL
Best Home Record in the NHL
6th Best Away Record in the NHL
2nd in Goals in the NHL
2nd in Goals Against in the NHL
4th Best Powerplay
9th Best Penalty Kill
1st in 5 on 5 goals

+77 Goal Differental
2nd best is STL at +65

Not bad :)

May 29, 2013
11 in a row visiting team with a shutout by your backup - awesome, just awesome.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Most Wins in the NHL
Best Home Record in the NHL
6th Best Away Record in the NHL
2nd in Goals in the NHL
2nd in Goals Against in the NHL
4th Best Powerplay
9th Best Penalty Kill
1st in 5 on 5 goals

+77 Goal Differental
2nd best is STL at +65

Not bad :)

1st in Goals against and 3rd in Goals for.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I'd like to see the odd man rushes against and turnovers tightened up. The Bruins are going so well right now that they are winning even when they aren't at the top of their game. The dangerous thing with that is if the quality of their play keeps dropping then the losses will start and it can be hard to get the right habits back.

I trust Claude and the leaders on this team to prevent that but I wouldn't be surprised with a 5 or so game funk where they don't play well. Just be right for the playoffs.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

I was referring to actual games, not 60 minute periods. I guess it depends how you look at it. That LA is ahead of us in that stat despite allowing the same amount of goals in the same amount of actual games just shows that they're much worse at scoring, and winning games in regulation and/or overtime. Yours is the stat that counts for Jennings, of course.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
LOL at a AVs fan saying the AVs should have had 10 PPs and The Bruins get away with everything.

Why every time teams lose to the Bruins people complain that the refs let them get away with murder?

All I will say is that there was a ton of interference let to by the refs for both teams but it wasn't the Bruins who got two PPs of phantom calls.

There was also a lot of holding let go-although I mostly noted the Avs doing it (Thornton got penalized for it not an Av).

I think fans are prone to seeing what they want to see and when you lose it's easy to blame the refs (and Bruins fans can be just as bad about ref blaming)-but there is no way the Avs would have had 10 PPs in that game had the interferences been called-more likely the Avs would have been short handed.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
My cable & pvr box went haywire just before the game... No repair man until Wednesday evening......another great effort huh ???

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00