GDT: GM#7 LA Kings vs New York Islanders @7:30 10/18/18

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
He's 100% spot on with his YouTube comment.

Possibly, don't know what it means, don't care but you would think someone who has the balls to call someone out would at least be correct in his assertation. He was dead wrong, and just didn't like being called out on it

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
06vJ9Dz.jpg

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Possibly, don't know what it means, don't care but you would think someone who has the balls to call someone out would at least be correct in his assertation. He was dead wrong, and just didn't like being called out on it

No different than you choosing to ignore stats when you've been called on your bullshit too. But then again you'll just deflect and move on since it doesnt fit your agenda. Seriously, just go find another board to post in and leave the rest of us beneath you in peace.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
No different than you choosing to ignore stats when you've been called on your bull**** too. But then again you'll just deflect and move on since it doesnt fit your agenda. Seriously, just go find another board to post in and leave the rest of us beneath you in peace.

Lol except I don't comment on crap I don't see, he clearly didn't watch the game and claimed amadio is garbage because he didn't score playing with Carter and kovy.

But I guess that fits the narrative all players are garbage cuz my team didn't go 82-0

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You got to watch Casey Cisikas the best bottom six player in the entire league shred the Kings. Like watching prime Jarret Stoll dominate face-offs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
So far, the players got the Coach they deserve in John Stevens.

Lombardi "Once the players start picking the coach, you're in trouble".

The team looks lifeless and not interested in playing any form of Hockey, even pond hockey. The Islander bottom six just crushed the Kings full lock stop and barrel.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I strongly disagree with anyone saying it is only the roster or only the coaching.

Just like it's not only the drafting or only the development.

I do think there are differing degrees of causality. I think development's a lot more lackluster than the drafting. I think it's 50/50 between coaching and the roster.

The organization needs an overhaul in several aspects.

100% would like if I could.

Though I think the staff is a more pressing issue than the players

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
100% would like if I could.

Though I think the staff is a more pressing issue than the players

I agree the infrastructure of coaching and development are much bigger priorities. Without the right infrastructure, it doesn't matter who the players are.

Considering the Reign are underwhelming as well, it seems widespread.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

The team looks lifeless and not interested in playing any form of Hockey, even pond hockey. The Islander bottom six just crushed the Kings full lock stop and barrel.

I think the Kings felt like they owed it to Stevens after all the other coaching gigs he turned down to remain with the team.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I think the Kings felt like they owed it to Stevens after all the other coaching gigs he turned down to remain with the team.
Well it didnt workout in Philly and it didnt workout in LA.Stevens needs to be fired or step back to assist coach where he exceeds on the defensive side of the puck.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I appreciate GoldenbearHockey’s take and optimism.

I don’t think the Kings are as bad as these handful of games.

I do think there is cause for concern.

Stevens needs to figure it out quickly or he will be out sooner than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionnaire

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

I'd be happy if Pearson put in 1/4 of the effort Matt Martin played with.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
They have played 3 playoff teams, lost to them all, and 4 lottery teams won 2.
November the schedule is 15 games in 30 days. They better figure this out, cuz if they play like this during that schedule it could quickly result in a 5-10 mark, and the season will be done.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
What exactly do you want to know, 35 years playing, 25 years coaching, 30 years officiating, all from CA to PA, to Toronto, and places in between.....everything from single A to triple A to juniors, and single A pro (think the old WCHL days, etc)
Man I loved the WCHL. My dad and I had Ice Dogs seasons seats. Those were great times.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Believe it or not my favorite quote in this entire thread is

"And that is why Thompson plays so much"

Love when a terrible player does something that isn't terrible and it has to be posted on the board to re-enforce a view. Reminds me of MR circa 2014.

God help us if Thompson ever scores a goal, someone might make the board crash.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Believe it or not my favorite quote in this entire thread is

"And that is why Thompson plays so much"

Love when a terrible player does something that isn't terrible and it has to be posted on the board to re-enforce a view. Reminds me of MR circa 2014.

God help us if Thompson ever scores a goal, someone might make the board crash.

What makes it even better is that Thompson wasnt even on the ice at the time....

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Thompson is just like almost every other fourth line player the Kings have had the last now five seasons, if he were to be waived tomorrow no one would claim him and he'd end up in the AHL and then probably in Europe next season. I realize it's not the biggest problem with the Kings, but it should be the easiest to fix, but the Kings just continue to trot out garbage players on the fourth line year after year after year.

Reactions: Winger23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad