GDT: GM#69 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 3/10/19

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Can’t wait to see Jeff Carter get the Joffrey Lupul treatment in never appearing in another NHL game once this season is over. Go home, collect a paycheck, and be placed on LTIR.
This is a real possibility. Not sure if the NHL would allow this.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That is a myth though, because basically everything that has lead to where we are today is a result of moves made after the 2014 cup not before (or leading to)

Richards non-buyout
Gaborik extension
Greene extension
Sekera trade
Lucic trade
Bishop trade
Kopitar extension
Stevens hire
Phaneuf trade
Doughty extension
Kovalchuk signing

And that doesn't even factor in waiting to long to move on from guys, which also happened after 2014 and had nothing to do with cups.

Most of those moves were trying to chase that 3rd cup the wrong way.I'd say everything that happened in 2015 had the biggest effect.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Can’t wait to see Jeff Carter get the Joffrey Lupul treatment in never appearing in another NHL game once this season is over. Go home, collect a paycheck, and be placed on LTIR.

They call it the Pronger treatment now, except I don't see Carter taking a job with the NHL while still getting paid to be on LTIR. Flyers got 4 years of 5 mil cap relief and were able to trade his contract too.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Detroit got smoked tonight, Groundskeeper Willie has his work cut out for him with 5 mins left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad