GDT: GM#69 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 3/10/19

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Don't care, the guy is a goal mouth sniper and we need some dudes that'll make a living getting their jerseys dirty again.

I love the Hornqvist comparison now.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It’s ok to check the breaks on Grundstrom, but I don’t think Toffoli is a good comparable. Rookie Toff rode shotgun on great teams and all star centers. Grundy is playing with jerked around Kempe who is under a microscope for faults and on a crap team.

Compare him to more recent AHL guys and decide how excited you want to be. Luff, Wagner and Amadio are the best recent comparables.

The comment was "best young kings winger to join the team since Dustin Brown". The comparable is Brown and not an undrafted Matt Luff.

To be fair, Brown wasn't very good as a rookie. Simmonds was better if you want to compare the two of them at around the same age.

If he is implying he is the best Kings winger to join as a rookie since Dustin Brown, as in when all is said and done, then okay. It's pretty hyperbolic but okay.

Toffoli has pretty good career numbers. Opinions of him are colored by the present version but, even then, he scored 24 goals last year even while hibernating the last half of the year. He's pretty much been over .5PPG for his career and led the league in +/-, never mind his contributions to a Cup winning team.

We can trash Toffoli for the last season and half, but he's generally had a good career for a 2nd round pick. Totally homegrown. He also hasn't been total trash this season when he isn't strapped to the corpse of Jeff Carter.

He's the best Kings rookie winger this decade; I'd be stoked if Grundstrom matched his totals while also being a more physical player.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The comment was "best young kings winger to join the team since Dustin Brown". The comparable is Brown and not an undrafted Matt Luff.

To be fair, Brown wasn't very good as a rookie. Simmonds was better if you want to compare the two of them at around the same age.

If he is implying he is the best Kings winger to join as a rookie since Dustin Brown, as in when all is said and done, then okay. It's pretty hyperbolic but okay.

Toffoli has pretty good career numbers. Opinions of him are colored by the present version but, even then, he scored 24 goals last year even while hibernating the last half of the year. He's pretty much been over .5PPG for his career and led the league in +/-, never mind his contributions to a Cup winning team.

We can trash Toffoli for the last season and half, but he's generally had a good career for a 2nd round pick. Totally homegrown. He also hasn't been total trash this season when he isn't strapped to the corpse of Jeff Carter.

He's the best Kings rookie winger this decade; I'd be stoked if Grundstrom matched his totals while also being a more physical player.

yup. I think we'd consider Grundstrom a success if he EVER had a 31-27-58 season.

People forget Toffoli was pretty close to a 60 point season. That's f***ing good. We need him back on that map for sure, but he's not a never-was.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

The guy has 12 goal in 70 games, he's been bad no matter who his center is.
1 goal w/ Kempe
1 w/Carter
2 w/koptar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad