GDT: GM#69 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 3/10/19

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Carter managed to be the only forward -1 .
No goals in 17 games now. All 17 games, not a SINGLE + in plus minus!!! Either 0 or Minus. Minus 9. 17 games, 0 goals, 4 assists. Minus 9.

The Kings have a new 2c. Adrian Kempe. Electric speed through center ice, bring the puck in the zone better than any King......can go end to end and score..make plays at top speed, feed his wingers, play 200 feet, hit with pretty good force...and even got his glove in Polak's face a few games ago. Pretty epic and fearless. Emerging leader. Give him Grundstrom and another skilled winger next year and watch him flourish.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
No goals in 17 games now. All 17 games, not a SINGLE + in plus minus!!! Either 0 or Minus. Minus 9. 17 games, 0 goals, 4 assists. Minus 9.

The Kings have a new 2c. Adrian Kempe. Electric speed through center ice, bring the puck in the zone better than any King......can go end to end and score..make plays at top speed, feed his wingers, play 200 feet, hit with pretty good force...and even got his glove in Polak's face a few games ago. Pretty epic and fearless. Emerging leader. Give him Grundstrom and another skilled winger next year and watch him flourish.

Kempe will get slaughter at #2 center. The guy can't win a draw to save his life and 42 pct isn't going to cut it. He was 33 pct tonight.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It kind of makes me a little sad knowing that for years he was literally public enemy #1 for our fanbase, and now you just almost feel sorry for the guy because he is such a shell.

Maybe it's because we've been a bit lucky that there's been little of the actually 'dirty' Perry against us but I've never hated the guy in the way some other folks do. Hell that water in Carter's glove thing was funny. Yeah he was always kind of a douche but vs. us he just played hard around the net and I think in both teams' prime years there was a begrudging respect in that spot of the ice, almost like NFL linesmen banging every play. It's a bummer to see him fall off completely because you know it's the physical sacrifices he made.

Kind of the opposite with Kesler. I feel for him in a way because I know he sacrificed for his team, but the smug antics despite being a perennial loser make it easy to be ok with his fading :laugh:

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Kempe will get slaughter at #2 center. The guy can't win a draw to save his life and 42 pct isn't going to cut it. He was 33 pct tonight.

FO% is not really that important, beyond that why would it make a difference between a 2nd line center and a 3rd line center?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
FO% is not really that important, beyond that why would it make a difference between a 2nd line center and a 3rd line center?

Really, you mean if he loses a draw and puck goes back to the point and the dman blasts it into the goal? Imagine if your 2nd line center won the draw more that 30 pct of the time and helped the team get the puck out of the zone without giving up a goal. But I guess that doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Guy looked almost like Marian Hossa tonight, frankly. Not a weakness in his game. Scoring, banging, backchecking. Insanely good.

I'd do Muzzin for Grundstrom straight up! Muzzin is 30 now and Grundstrom is 21 and will emerge to be the best young King winger in like forever . The #1 pick will be around 26-28 and be a solid prospect...Bet someone on the Kings list around 16-20 falls to that slot...or, they could trade it for something of value...and Durzi has serious upside and is RHD. Should turn pro after Geulph's playoff run. Hopefully he comes back from the shoulder injury.

What is amazing...we've seen flashes from Luff, Wagner, Amadio...etc etc. Some NHL level play,
but lacking in some areas. Needing work. But Grundstrom has all the elements of being an NHL player that really will not lack in any area. He will produce and be effective at all facets of the game. Put him anywhere in the top 9 and in any situation. 2 years in Frolunda and a full season in the AHL, a Calder Cup win and steps in like it's natural to step up and rise to the occasion...no deer in the headlights in this kid. Knocking players over, going to the net, making clean passes, quick hands to finish, nice moves, can skate, forecheck and win battles. Not used to this! Oh, and have seen his NHL release and heavy shot...but he's not even got off one yet. (seen it on video - it's an NHL release and heavy)

Last edited:

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Really, you mean if he loses a draw 60-70 pct othe puck goes back to the point and the dman blasts it into the goal? Imagine if your 2nd line center won the draw more that 30 pct of the time and helped the team get the puck out of the zone without giving up a goal. But I guess that doesn't make a difference.

I mean, it has been shown that there really is not much of a correlation between faceoff% and winning. There is not even much if any correlation between faceoff% and possession or goal differential. I mean, ideally you would like him to win draws at a better clip, but it really is not a necessity for a center these days especially when you have a good faceoff center on the team to take critical draws. If you look at many of the young superstar centers they are all sub 45%; McDavid, Barzal, MacKinnon, Eichel, etc. I see no reason why Kempe being a 40+% faceoff center should disqualify him from a role as a second line center.

member 88115

I’m really hoping for Hughes (not sure if Kakko is a center) so we can move Carter to wing. He no longer can be the driver of his line. Seeing Carter and Kovy together feels like a goal against waiting to happen.
I’m impressed by Grundstrom IQ, his timing when to accelerate and get in position to make to make a play have been pleasure to see. Plus, pissing off Captain Baldy for the hit on Rakell (I think) at center ice in 3rd period was great .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->