GDT: Gm 68: Minnesota Wild @ Boston Bruins | 3/17/14 | 730P ET | NBCSN, TNS2 | 98.5 FM

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
speed draws penalties, and we have no speed. (or so i'm told)

All the while Toronto fans complaining that they're in the bottom 6 of the penalties drawn league. Although I guess speed isn't too great when you don't have possession and get outshot by 9 shots per games. :laugh:
Then again, Colorado are in bottom 5 as well... and the top 10 don't really look extraordinarily fast when compared to others. It's obviously a combination of things, but speed is probably the most overstated, I don't think it plays anywhere near as big a part as some seem to.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
marchand on his game tonight as far as trolling

Just in from the game.

The Wild has a pretty good team...except for that garbage that wears #24.

Brad was pretty funny tonight. He was yipping at Koviu and gave him a shove for good measure during a break in the play. :laugh:

Good game but the start was a little scary.

9 in a row !!! The only thing missing was for someone to ...never mind. Can't wish ill on another player...I will just think it.:naughty:

Good night B's fans...Fun times :)

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Ride the wave but the Bruins NEED to tighten things up on the defensive end. Rask has had to make some big break away saves time and time again and that isn't sustainable. Mtl and Min should have had 1/2/3 goals in the first period.

Winning streaks are fun but this has to be fixed or we are going to be SHOCKED in round 1 when all of a sudden a couple of those pucks go in.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Ride the wave but the Bruins NEED to tighten things up on the defensive end. Rask has had to make some big break away saves time and time again and that isn't sustainable. Mtl and Min should have had 1/2/3 goals in the first period.

Winning streaks are fun but this has to be fixed or we are going to be SHOCKED in round 1 when all of a sudden a couple of those pucks go in.

I was going to post something similar, but will be called a Debbie Downer if I do so. Apparently Julien was going nuts on Bartkowski, but come on, this has been going on for quite a while.

The streak is nice, the Bruins are all but guaranteed to play a tired team that has had to work hard for a wild card spot.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Rask has definitely saved the B's bacon in the first period a few times lately.
The Bruins will have to be sharper, and eliminate the brain farts in their own zone if they want to keep winning.

On the plus side, the Bruins seem to find a way to turn the tables on their opponents in the second half of the game, and the third period has been a joy to watch.

I think Bartkowski could use a little time in the pressbox, and maybe try out Potter if necessary, but for the most part I think the Bruins can make the right adjustments to keep piling up the wins.

...and Tuukka has been AWESOME!!!

tuukka2222.r.jpg

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
The number of *******s at the Garden tonight was off the charts. So irritating.

Good game though. Minnesota held their own in the first but you really saw the Bruins depth make the difference in this game. Even if each line doesn't hit the scoresheet, they still bring enough activity that matchups are just a nightmare for opposing coaches. There's no real place for an opponent to go where they can get a couple "safe shifts."

Pretty impressive. The 4-1 doesnt exactly indicate how close the game was for 40 mins, but after POMMER scored, the Bruins tightened up and you just got the sense that the they weren't gonna let this one go.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Don't play well, win comfortably.

Matt Bartkowski is driving me insane. He was excellent for about a month before the Olympics, looked terrible when the team returned from the break, started to get it together in the last week and then....tonight.

I think he is the key to our postseason. Him and Boychuk must come together as a pair. That said, I give him the night off. Not because I want to see Potter, I know Potter is garbage. He needs to step back for a night and gather himself.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Don't play well, win comfortably.

Matt Bartkowski is driving me insane. He was excellent for about a month before the Olympics, looked terrible when the team returned from the break, started to get it together in the last week and then....tonight.

I think he is the key to our postseason. Him and Boychuk must come together as a pair. That said, I give him the night off. Not because I want to see Potter, I know Potter is garbage. He needs to step back for a night and gather himself.

What...? Can't remember him being even decent in any game since the Olympics. Dougie had a bad game against Tampa, and a couple mistakes in the preceding games, but overall, Bart has been much worse the past 6-7 games imo. I thought he should have sat instead of Dougie to begin with. This game was just the last straw. They both need to get it together for the playoffs, though. That's for sure.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
All the while Toronto fans complaining that they're in the bottom 6 of the penalties drawn league. Although I guess speed isn't too great when you don't have possession and get outshot by 9 shots per games. :laugh:
Then again, Colorado are in bottom 5 as well... and the top 10 don't really look extraordinarily fast when compared to others. It's obviously a combination of things, but speed is probably the most overstated, I don't think it plays anywhere near as big a part as some seem to.

I still think it's reputation.

Solid game with another scary start (thank you Rask for holding down the fort until the team showed up).

This was a game where hard work in the end wins the game.

The Wild had no answer for Krejci or Yeti. Bergy played well while mostly shutting down the Parise line-that goal by Pomminville was a huge error though.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
If anything, Julien showed some confidence in Dougie last night and he played over 23mins.

We still can improve in certain areas, however it's very encouraging to see Tuukka Rask stealing us some games again. I have to admit, before the Olympics, I was a little worried with some of the softies he was letting in, but he's really stepped up his game.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Still some sloppy play by our backliners in the offensive zone leading to odd man rushes going the other way. Bart had an awful game last night. Like alluded to, you're not going to get away with those in the playoffs against the elite teams.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
That save Task made on Koivu last night....oh man I still am thinking about it. Straight up robbed at point blank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad