GDT: Gm 68: Minnesota Wild @ Boston Bruins | 3/17/14 | 730P ET | NBCSN, TNS2 | 98.5 FM

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

D4dLMfF.png

cHbE0nb.jpg

uGwrLaA.jpg

5y3WFJR.jpg

21SxOKa.png

2VdOilV.jpg

CoIvg39.jpg

DHSB6S7.jpg

gz97MRi.png

jtQCayO.jpg

SOSeNAD.png

Seidenmoose isn't Irish, but when in Rome will crush a few green beers anyway.

:bruins

Today's Gaelic-tinged GDT is brought to you by....
3JlWMRy.jpg

...because nothing says "I escaped the potato famine" like old dudes roaming Southie dressed like Irish pirates.

:bruins

Disclaimer 1: I'm ridiculously geeked for this game. It's no secret I'm a big Minnesota hockey guy so whilst a tad conflicted, I'll go with the Boston sweater and keep my Wild gear relegated to my gameday Underroos.

Disclaimer 2: Before people start complaining about the "Boring Wild who are boring and suck," just thought I'd provide some food for thought. The Wild are 10-2 against the Bruins and 6-0 in games at the Garden. Boston's PP all-time vs. Minnesota is a big, fat, stinky 0-36, while the Wild's PP all-time vs. Bruins is 16 for 56. Thought I'd get that in before the predictable barfing in the GDT begins.

Sláinte,
H0PWbNC.jpg

member 96824

Hit Parise until he cries and says "I should have chosen you guys"

btw, Phoenix, Carolina, Minnesota, NJ, Colorado, Phoenix again....did the guy who makes the schedule plan a coma or some form of hibernation beforehand? I like the wild, but certainly don't expect much for fireworks haha.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Great GDT! ah yes, the Minnesota North Stars! Reminds me of high school when the new girl from Minnesota became my best friend. She played hockey when few girls did and was tougher than the boys. I was sad for her when the team was no longer.

Anyway, let's make it nine!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
GDT Master said:
Disclaimer 1: I'm ridiculously geeked for this game. It's no secret I'm a big Minnesota hockey guy so whilst a tad conflicted, I'll go with the Boston sweater and keep my Wild gear relegated to my gameday Underroos.

I suspected you just inserted photos of your own card collections here. Lay-zee. :rolleyes:

There are many good reasons for drinking,
One has just entered my head.
If a man doesn't drink when he's living,
How in the hell can he drink when he's dead?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Great GDT! ah yes, the Minnesota North Stars! Reminds me of high school when the new girl from Minnesota became my best friend. She played hockey when few girls did and was tougher than the boys. I was sad for her when the team was no longer.

Anyway, let's make it nine!

I knew those girls. All of them. They were badassed.

GDT Master said:

I suspected you just inserted photos of your own card collections here. Lay-zee. :rolleyes:

Work smarter, not harder, sweet asian lady :p:

The Iginla, Smith and Miller Bruin cards evidently don't exist. I had to make those.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
wild has owned us for as long as i can remember. much worse in minnesota, but they're 10-1-1 in the last 12 meetings. not that it necessarily means anything, just numbers to chew on.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
My boss changed our schedules Friday night with no advance warning and suddenly I'm working Monday night instead of going to the game. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling. :rant: At least I was able to sell my tickets.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
great game thread....mother's birthday is St Patty's Day- hence named Patricia; and first one without her. Appropriate there is a game. I don't think she missed a handful of home games from 1948 to 1982. Woman worked out 5 days a week and even in her 80's. My daughter loved decorating the house with the nearly hundred of cards that flowed in every year. Glad she has the game to go to tomorrow they were incredibly close.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
great game thread....mother's birthday is St Patty's Day- hence named Patricia; and first one without her. Appropriate there is a game. I don't think she missed a handful of home games from 1948 to 1982. Woman worked out 5 days a week and even in her 80's. My daughter loved decorating the house with the nearly hundred of cards that flowed in every year. Glad she has the game to go to tomorrow they were incredibly close.

Looking forward to seeing you and my niece tomorrow. It's weird when you aren't at the game.

Hope for a nice win tomorrow...Lots of hard hits on cooke :rant: and no injuries to any of the B's.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Maybe Patrick Cleary will score a hatty tomorrow to commemorate what should be a holiday in this town....

Anywho, Happy St. Paddy's Day and Go Bruins!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

My grandmother was also Patricia, born on St. Patrick's Day. There must be something special about that combination.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I dig the hockey card theme for the GDT. Great work! Only thing I would've done differently is I would have just photoshoped a turd onto the Matt Cooke card instead of actually using his face.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Weirdly enough, this is the biggest test we've had in a few weeks. Don't sleep on this Wild team, they're really good at times.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

She was obviously well loved, sorry to hear you lost her, it must be tough. I hope your daughter enjoys watching the Bruins making it nine in a row. I am sure your Mom will be at the game in spirit with your daughter.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Nice work on the GDT. Those old hockey cards bring back lots of good ol' memories.

I hope one of the Bruins will wipe that smug look off his face.

20130708__130708%20Cooke%20cover_300.jpg

Go :bruins's Go!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My grandmother was also Patricia, born on St. Patrick's Day. There must be something special about that combination.

My mother in September the day before this all started when asked by the nurse what she did the day before to see if anything led to this, replied 'went to the gym at 8 then one if the gals picked me up and we went to Olive Garden like we do on Wednesday,' the nurse asked what did you eat and drink and my mother said 'salad, half sandwich, and had 2 beers.'

Funny but knowing her and reading you I swear you could have been her daughter. My dentist told me last month he never met a nicer person than her- what happened to you lol (he did say the second part)

Still sucks especially around supper time and as selfish as that sounds it would make my mother happy she loved to cook and was a giver like nobody I have ever seen (now the what happened to me really applies now)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
She was obviously well loved, sorry to hear you lost her, it must be tough. I hope your daughter enjoys watching the Bruins making it nine in a row. I am sure your Mom will be at the game in spirit with your daughter.

Thanks for the kind words- my daughter and her grandmother were as thick as thieves. My mother I'd say saw the Bruins live maybe 1500 tines I'd guess and on Orr's OT goal those hands coming up down front were hers. Their seats were first row over the corner clock where he scored coming at you. My daughter some day may break that she's a teenager but I'd guess she's at 300 already. Spoiled much lol- she like me was born into the right family if you like the Boston Bruins. They passed down the tickets and the love of the Bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad