GDT: GM#63 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @4:00pm 2/26/19

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Brown hasn't been great this season, but always working hard out there along with the young guys. He's not as disappointing as Doughty, Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Because good young teams who are ready to take the next step like Calgary and Carolina etc.. will be fooled by his reputation for a playoff warrior and also they have great young two way forwards who compete and have great dmen where they will cover Quicks holes in his game. It’s a chance for them to go for a cup with Quick in net if the stars align for them

That's not a plan though. That blind hope that someone wants an old guy. Carolina doesn't spend money. Calgary is already spending a decent amount, and has to re-sign Tkachuk, Bennett, and Rittich. Who knows what Columbus looks like next year. They've already gone all in, and that's well before they add a goalie that's going to be 34 next Jan.

Reactions: Pizza the Hutt

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I can’t believe there are some people out there who firmly believe that they haven’t been poorly managed and have actually drafted well.

The results in the NHL and AHL sure back that up.

I'm telling you man, the admiration for Mike Futa on these boards is one of the single biggest mysteries in sports. We are almost done with this decade and the four best players the Kings have drafted over the course of the entire decade are Toffoli, Kempe, Pearson and Forbort. Just let that sink in for a second.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Brown hasn't been great this season, but always working hard out there along with the young guys. He's not as disappointing as Doughty, Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli.
He passes to the other team more than Forbort. And floats the rest of the time. He's checked out too.

Jun 30, 2006
I'm telling you man, the admiration for Mike Futa on these boards is one of the single biggest mysteries in sports. We are almost done with this decade and the four best players the Kings have drafted over the course of the entire decade are Toffoli, Kempe, Pearson and Forbort. Just let that sink in for a second.

Wonder if AEG will completely clean house like they did when they brought Dean on board in 2006? Even the equipment manager was canned.

Reactions: KINGS17

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

And that’s a big reason why this team is stuck in purgatory. It’s a combination of poor management in the trading of first round picks and not getting any results with the picks they have had.

When the organization, from your farm team to the parent club, struggle offensively and defensively, there is something wrong systematically.

That said, I think Blake now realizes this after giving them too much rope in season one. The decent performance in the regular season had him fooled and only delayed the inevitable.

What happens this offseason will go a long way in setting up this team’s future.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
maenelanen throwing over the linesman on a guy who hadn't even dropped his gloves was cute

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i hope they don't milk this bunch of jerks thing much longer

no doubt it was funny but please don't make this some kind of tagline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad