GDT: GM#63 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @4:00pm 2/26/19

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Thats why it amazes me that people aren't wanting Futa fired as well.

Why do you want Futa fired? As we have seen in the dramatic shift in focus these recent drafts, the decision of who to draft is largely from the GM. Hell, the scouting team had EK as their guy, but Deano went with Teubs. Futa and his team have hit homeruns these past few drafts

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What happens this offseason will go a long way in setting up this team’s future.

The only part of the offseason that matters is the draft. They have to get the first pick right, wherever it ends up. They have to then end up with at least 2 or 3 more players of some sort out of the other 9 picks, because Vilardi is such a question mark.

The trades either won't exist, or they won't get anything in return.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Why do you want Futa fired? As we have seen in the dramatic shift in focus these recent drafts, the decision of who to draft is largely from the GM. Hell, the scouting team had EK as their guy, but Deano went with Teubs. Futa and his team have hit homeruns these past few drafts

We have zero idea if any home runs have been hit.

DT and DL hit a ton of home runs too less than two years from the draft.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't even bother watching since it was 2-0 before I could even get to a TV.

But if we started gooning it up at the end for like the 5th time this season, I want every one of those players either sat or played for 60 minutes next game because if you can't show some balls before you get the shit kicked out of you at least don't go out like a little bitch (unless a Cane started something in which case strike the above from the record).

Did get to see Quick yelling at Willie D though, that's a good sign. :rolleyes:

Team is coming totally unglued and I love it. Need to just get booed off the ice on fan appreciation day for the final send off and for these guys to figure out their lives over the summer. Nightmare season cannot end soon enough.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The only part of the offseason that matters is the draft. They have to get the first pick right, wherever it ends up. They have to then end up with at least 2 or 3 more players of some sort out of the other 9 picks, because Vilardi is such a question mark.

The trades either won't exist, or they won't get anything in return.

I’m not expecting much in terms of trades to help reshape this team. They’d probably have to swap out bad contracts to jettison some of these guys, ala Gaborik for Phaneuf, or give up assets/retain salary, which I think they are opposed to do judging by the comments made by Blake to the media.

They also can’t give away these players in a trade for zilch because no GM is insane enough to handcuff his team to such contracts. Quite the conundrum for Blake to deal with.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I’m not expecting much in terms of trades to help reshape this team. They’d probably have to swap out bad contracts to jettison some of these guys, ala Gaborik for Phaneuf, or give up assets/retain salary, which I think they are opposed to do judging by the comments made by Blake to the media.

They also can’t give away these players in a trade for zilch because no GM is insane enough to handcuff his team to such contracts. Quite the conundrum for Blake to deal with.

Fox pretty much said this during the 1st . no market for bad.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Have to hit on draft picks, and wait out the crap.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The hard cap is starting to work BIG TIME. Teams like Arizona are having to pay all that youth and teams can no longer just bank cap space. Hard Cap working as intended.

It's going to be extremely difficult for teams to off load the bad contracts they sign in the future.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The hard cap is starting to work BIG TIME. Teams like Arizona are having to pay all that youth and teams can no longer just bank cap space. Hard Cap working as intended.

It's going to be extremely difficult for teams to off load the bad contracts they sign in the future.
wouldn't be surprised to see some more compliance buyout type stuff in the next CBA even though imo the owners/GMs kinda dug their own graves handing out these stupid contracts instead of letting people walk.. didn't learn their lesson the first time

love the hard cap, there's no argument against the parity in this league year to year. meanwhile in the NBA you have teams going sub-.200 and worse year to year

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Only took like 60 games

Thats why it amazes me that people aren't wanting Futa fired as well.

This isn't on Futa, it's on Lombardi and trading away all the high picks. You can't expect high end scorers from the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds. They have missed on guys for sure [so have others], but right now we're dealing with the previous GM's mistakes. He had the final call.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
In what way is Vilardi a home run? He's likely never going to play a single game as a King.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think they’re secretly dressing Gaspar Kopitar in Anze’s jersey
Nah, I think it's Gustl Kopitar.

gustl4.jpg

Reactions: DoktorJeep

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Lose for Hughes

Plus, the last thing you want is for this team to string together a big win streak and give Luc any funny ideas.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Arizona has young talent? Since when?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad