GDT: Gm 62 Washington Capitals @ Boston Bruins | 3/6/14 | 7P ET | NESN, RDS2 | 98.5 FM

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in from the game.

Not too late tonight as none of the B's made a trip to the p. box so the game went along quicker.

Nice to see Tuukka get his 6th shutout...even though he did not have to work hard to get it.

Loui and the Yeti have some great chemistry. Yeti won most if not all of his face offs !!

Good to see Rex. Bergy and Marchy gave him a hug .

I yelled to Alex O. "Hey nice Olympics...What color was your medal
?:sarcasm:"

Nice going LF...I bet Ovi did not have too much fun tonight!

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Just in from the game.

Not too late tonight as none of the B's made a trip to the p. box so the game went along quicker.

Nice to see Tuukka get his 6th shutout...even though he did not have to work hard to get it.

Loui and the Yeti have some great chemistry. Yeti won most if not all of his face offs !!

Good to see Rex. Bergy and Marchy gave him a hug .

I yelled to Alex O. "Hey nice Olympics...What color was your medal ?:sarcasm:"

Careful. You could wake up w/ the Spetznaz in your kitchen and a T72 parked in your driveway! ^ -

Glad they gave it up for Rex.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Kelly, Jagr, and Peverley were just as bad. Not giving Seguin a pass, but he was singled out on a team that had a handful of underperformers. He was the only one I would have given a mulligan to (mainly due to his age and numerous scoring chances). Expecting a player to be fully mature and developed at 20 years old is just stupid.

I believe Chiarelli came away good on both the Kessel and Seguin deals, but reading these boards sometimes makes me question whether people watch hockey outside the Boston market.

I'm a fan of Seguin, and was a fan of Kessel. His youth, however, does not absolve him for his lack of production and some compete. He's also paid the most out of the 4 listed above, two of which are considered 3rd-liners, and one who is in his 40's (and still outproduced Seguin). My comment was more a joke directed at those who pine to having him back.

IMHO, Seguin/Pevs - Eriksson/Smith has managed to keep the Bergy line just as productive, while significantly upgrading the 3rd line (which, admittedly, Soderberg is a part of it) -- and that would be true even if Eriksson/Smith were switched and Eriksson's season wasn't derailed by all the injuries. The added depth of guys like Morrow only makes the deal even better. Plus, I don't mind at all that Seguin is having the success he is, as it is shutting up a faction of unbearable Oiler fans who think "Hall >>> Seguin AINEC" when many of us have said they are very similar players production-wise, if placed in equal roles.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I'm a fan of Seguin, and was a fan of Kessel. His youth, however, does not absolve him for his lack of production and some compete. He's also paid the most out of the 4 listed above, two of which are considered 3rd-liners, and one who is in his 40's (and still outproduced Seguin). My comment was more a joke directed at those who pine to having him back.

IMHO, Seguin/Pevs - Eriksson/Smith has managed to keep the Bergy line just as productive, while significantly upgrading the 3rd line (which, admittedly, Soderberg is a part of it) -- and that would be true even if Eriksson/Smith were switched and Eriksson's season wasn't derailed by all the injuries. The added depth of guys like Morrow only makes the deal even better. Plus, I don't mind at all that Seguin is having the success he is, as it is shutting up a faction of unbearable Oiler fans who think "Hall >>> Seguin AINEC" when many of us have said they are very similar players production-wise, if placed in equal roles.

Seguin was still on his entry level contract last year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I see we are still discussing Seggy.

I like the kid and think he has so much talent. He just had to grow up.

Tyler is gone and won't be back so we have to move on. I wish him the best and it looks like he is doing very well.

I like Loui and Reilly too. I believe Loui will be fine . He looked very good tonight. Some posters forget that he had 2 head injuries. Give him a chance. We here all know those injuries take time. He seems like a very smart hockey player.

Good night B's fans.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Referees: Greg Kimmerly, Mike Leggo. hmm, gonna have to keep an eye on these guys. More games called like that and i'll have to start thinking about adding them to the current day Mt Olympus of nhl refs: Walkom/O'Halloran/O'Rourke. I know i'm showing my age here but Soupy scoring on that delayed penalty to make this an official zero penalty game reminded me of Don Baylor dropping an easy pop up to 1st base to make it possible for Clemens to get 20 k's vs the Mariners.

What to take away from the game itself? El zippo. The Caps were playing 2nd of back to backs after a tough game vs a division rival. Did anyone expect anything more out of them?

That's funny. If someone said that about the Bruins, it'd be "that's no excuse!!"

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
That third line, when the playoffs come, is going to be a ****ing beast.

No easy minutes for opponents top defenseman. They will have to play hard against our third line, taxing minutes will hurt them in a long series.

I wish Seidenberg was healthy, our ticket to the Final would be punched.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
Great win tonight. I thought every line looked great. I was most impressed with our third line, and I am thrilled to see them really clicking along here headed into the playoffs. The zone entries by Soderberg and Loui were a treat to watch. If they continue to play to their potential, our scoring depth will be up there with the best in the league.

In response to the Saguin conversation, I'm glad to see both Dallas and Boston benefiting from the trade. I liked Saguin, and I want to see him excel in the league. His first game back in Boston, I was actually pretty upset to see the audience taunting him. Kid played well as a B, perhaps not always consistent but he gave us some great speed and skating ability. He just isn't the type of player who will thrive on the Bruins. Our system makes it difficult for any individual player to exceed the 80-point area (which is fine). If we did have a 90 or 100 point/year player, we'd be Cup favorites every year.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
The Swedes will give us the boost we need,this time around.I can't get over how much Soderberg seems to be improving.

I'm extremely happy Söderberg is doing well. This die hard Malmö hometown boy finally left for Linköping (SHL) and then Boston, better late than never but he frustrated the hell out of me.

Of course his serious eye injury affected his career in a very bad way as well, we can't forget about that, I guess it changed him a bit both mentally and the way he is playing.

Also he is stubborn like hell doing things in his own way, how can you reject the Boston Bruins multiple times like Söderberg did, with the Bruins almost begging him to come over, it's a bit funny. He should get is jersey retired in Malmö, that's for sure. :laugh: Then when he finally joined Boston he did it on his own terms and got suspended by the Swedish hockey federation (it was never even a question letting him play for Sweden in the olympics because of this).

For us Swedes his great play and improvement is not a surprise though and most Swedes players need an adjustment phase when coming over, especially when coming over late in their career.

It's bad he didn't join the Bruins earlier in his career though, I believe he potentially would have become a first line center then.

I always thought Söderberg is playing a bit like Sundin but what do you guys say, watching him live in Boston, comparing to other players?

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Can we be done with Seguin updates in the GDT?

I would much rather to into the play offs with this current team than one with Seguin and the dead in arrival third line.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This place is nuts, come on here to surely read some optimistic comments about a great D performance and all I`m reading is Segs this, Kessel that.....yeah, that`s far more important than this team absolutely shutting down the Caps, earning yet another 2pts
Man o man

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
caps were half dead.
hard to judge anything from that game.
but
hamilton, marchand and soderberg probably stood out most from my viewing.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Two points on a night when every other team in the conference loses.

If the defense can play like that in the play offs the Bruins will be okay. PK still worries me though-it's been abysmal for a while (since Seids injury).

And I am so excited to carry this third line into the play offs-they are going to be beastly.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
caps were half dead.
hard to judge anything from that game.
but
hamilton, marchand and soderberg probably stood out most from my viewing.

I can`t disagree they had a bit of a war the night before Darren but I`m just not a fan of the double standard, wondering, ya think that excuse would fly if this were the B`s who had a drag em out, drop the mitts night against team_________, then the next night came out and laid an egg??? Caps are a team just outside the playoffs, they played like a team eliminated

Not hard to judge anything, the team D did not allow the Caps squat to even get a bit of traction, and discipline is another reason

OutspokenMinority*

I'm extremely happy Söderberg is doing well. This die hard Malmö hometown boy finally left for Linköping (SHL) and then Boston, better late than never but he frustrated the hell out of me.

Of course his serious eye injury affected his career in a very bad way as well, we can't forget about that, I guess it changed him a bit both mentally and the way he is playing.

Also he is stubborn like hell doing things in his own way, how can you reject the Boston Bruins multiple times like Söderberg did, with the Bruins almost begging him to come over, it's a bit funny. He should get is jersey retired in Malmö, that's for sure. :laugh: Then when he finally joined Boston he did it on his own terms and got suspended by the Swedish hockey federation (it was never even a question letting him play for Sweden in the olympics because of this).

For us Swedes his great play and improvement is not a surprise though and most Swedes players need an adjustment phase when coming over, especially when coming over late in their career.

It's bad he didn't join the Bruins earlier in his career though, I believe he potentially would have become a first line center then.

I always thought Söderberg is playing a bit like Sundin but what do you guys say, watching him live in Boston, comparing to other players?

the consistency that he's been playing with has been pretty amazing. consistently smart, heavy, creative, and physical, with a bit of an edge. i expected nothing from him and have been more than a little impressed. he's really taking advantage of the opportunity pretty much every night. if he does it for another 8 years, the comparisons will start to have merit, but i think there is a surface-level similarity to their styles. there is very little wasted motion in what he does. it's very efficient but still heavy.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This place is nuts, come on here to surely read some optimistic comments about a great D performance and all I`m reading is Segs this, Kessel that.....yeah, that`s far more important than this team absolutely shutting down the Caps, earning yet another 2pts
Man o man

I know the Caps played back to back, but the Bruins are on a 3 game winning streak.
Loui and Soderberg played a strong game last night, not to mention the rest of the B's, out shooting the Caps 45-16.

Tyler...who? Phil...who?

tumblr_n21mncD8FY1qdq2bfo1_500.jpg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I know the Caps played back to back, but the Bruins are on a 3 game winning streak.
Loui and Soderberg played a strong game last night, not to mention the rest of the B's, out shooting the Caps 45-16.

Tyler...who? Phil...who?

tumblr_n21mncD8FY1qdq2bfo1_500.jpg

You best crop Kelly outta that picture or you'll get it from many here.:laugh:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
You best crop Kelly outta that picture or you'll get it from many here.:laugh:

I like Kelly, despite what some fans think. He's been one of the best Bruins since the Olympic break, and I'm hoping he'll be good in the play-offs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad