GDT: Gm 62 Washington Capitals @ Boston Bruins | 3/6/14 | 7P ET | NESN, RDS2 | 98.5 FM

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
That made me laugh.

Soupy should not fight...ever.

Tom Pyatt would agree.

bruins-canadiens-fight.jpg

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
The Habs and Bolts lost? YES!

edit: and the Pens lost? Holy jackpot night

And on top of that, if this means anything to anyone, the Bruins are now with the 2nd best +/- in the League; although I think that's been the case for a few days now. Oh, and the 2nd best GA as well.

It's kind of the balance of the universe; same Division, Boston +57, Buffalo -57.

Actually...
Pittsburgh +43, Islanders -42
Anaheim +51, Edmonton -48
Only the Central lacks the balance...
St Louis +64, Nashville -38

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Just in from the game.

Not too late tonight as none of the B's made a trip to the p. box so the game went along quicker.

Nice to see Tuukka get his 6th shutout...even though he did not have to work hard to get it.

Loui and the Yeti have some great chemistry. Yeti won most if not all of his face offs !!

Soupy has been on fire !!!

Good to see Rex. Bergy and Marchy gave him a hug .

I yelled to Alex O. "Hey nice Olympics...What color was your medal ?:sarcasm:"

It was you, you threw him off his game!!! :bow::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Just in from the game.

Not too late tonight as none of the B's made a trip to the p. box so the game went along quicker.

Nice to see Tuukka get his 6th shutout...even though he did not have to work hard to get it.

Loui and the Yeti have some great chemistry. Yeti won most if not all of his face offs !!

Soupy has been on fire !!!

Good to see Rex. Bergy and Marchy gave him a hug .

I yelled to Alex O. "Hey nice Olympics...What color was your medal ?:sarcasm:"

That's funny as heck! :laugh:

Gotta ask though...did he reply "Same color as the U.S. medal?" :sarcasm:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Just a few observations fwiw:

1. The Bruins need to study this game if they play the Caps in the playoffs. Everyone worked together to shut them down & out.

2. Glad to see Loui get a goal- what a snipe from point blank range.

3. Was very glad to see Chara's ice time down around 20 minutes- he needs all the rest he can get.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Lost in all this weeping over Seguin feasting on the sad corpses of Canucks is that Rask won his first game against the Caps ever and he won it by a shutout. Cross them off his hit list now. Leads the league with 6 now. Next on the list is to crack Vanek and the Habs.
Life's pretty good for a Bruins fan these days.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I can`t disagree they had a bit of a war the night before Darren but I`m just not a fan of the double standard, wondering, ya think that excuse would fly if this were the B`s who had a drag em out, drop the mitts night against team_________, then the next night came out and laid an egg??? Caps are a team just outside the playoffs, they played like a team eliminated

Not hard to judge anything, the team D did not allow the Caps squat to even get a bit of traction, and discipline is another reason

And that's going to be a huge key in the playoffs, unless the PK makes a drastic turn-around.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Just a few observations fwiw:

1. The Bruins need to study this game if they play the Caps in the playoffs. Everyone worked together to shut them down & out.

2. Glad to see Loui get a goal- what a snipe from point blank range.

3. Was very glad to see Chara's ice time down around 20 minutes- he needs all the rest he can get.

and hopefully the playoff schedule makers can cooperate and make sure the caps play a game the night before.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
and hopefully the playoff schedule makers can cooperate and make sure the caps play a game the night before.

Hey we don't cut the Bruins any slack when they play back to back games so no way should we be excusing their opponents for the same thing.

Besides it is the way the Bruins went about shutting the Caps down that is worth studying. I think it would have worked even if the Caps had had a few days off.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

And then travel! :laugh:

As you pointed out yesterday, with the B's PK lately, a big key is going to be discipline, especially against a team like the Caps .

Although I still think they'll iron that out a bit over the last 20 or so regular season games.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Hey we don't cut the Bruins any slack when they play back to back games so no way should we be excusing their opponents for the same thing.

Besides it is the way the Bruins went about shutting the Caps down that is worth studying. I think it would have worked even if the Caps had had a few days off.

who's we? I always do. I'll be on here sunday night and show you how it's done. Unless of course Bobby Lou and the Panthers also play the day before, then all bets are off. ;)

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
And then travel! :laugh:

As you pointed out yesterday, with the B's PK lately, a big key is going to be discipline, especially against a team like the Caps .

Although I still think they'll iron that out a bit over the last 20 or so regular season games.

Talk about ironic, I was actually hoping for a penalty last night just to see how we'd do against them.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I agree BMC totally and it not like they played a lot and just really coming back off the Olympic break. The Bruins played their best defensive game last night and held them to 15 shots and NO PP

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Does everyone realize how special this team is? We are so fortunate.

I ask because even I sometimes don't realize it.

I do TP. Being an old fart I have seen some pretty horrible Bruins teams. These past 4 seasons have been such a joy.

I can remember when this team just making the playoffs and of course losing in the first round every year (pretty much all of the 80's). Then most of the 90's we were even worse off.

So now I just sit back and enjoy the ride. I try not to complain to much when they lose a game here or there. It pales in comparison to what I have seen over the years.

So to you young guys and gals, please make sure you enjoy every game with this team because they are a special group and it will not last forever.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I do TP. Being an old fart I have seen some pretty horrible Bruins teams. These past 4 seasons have been such a joy.

I can remember when this team just making the playoffs and of course losing in the first round every year (pretty much all of the 80's). Then most of the 90's we were even worse off.

So now I just sit back and enjoy the ride. I try not to complain to much when they lose a game here or there. It pales in comparison to what I have seen over the years.

So to you young guys and gals, please make sure you enjoy every game with this team because they are a special group and it will not last forever.

I'm picking up what you're putting down, but....the Bruins made some good runs in the 80's.

The '90s and the 00s on the other hand...whew!

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Referees: Greg Kimmerly, Mike Leggo. hmm, gonna have to keep an eye on these guys. More games called like that and i'll have to start thinking about adding them to the current day Mt Olympus of nhl refs: Walkom/O'Halloran/O'Rourke. I know i'm showing my age here but Soupy scoring on that delayed penalty to make this an official zero penalty game reminded me of Don Baylor dropping an easy pop up to 1st base to make it possible for Clemens to get 20 k's vs the Mariners.

What to take away from the game itself? El zippo. The Caps were playing 2nd of back to backs after a tough game vs a division rival. Did anyone expect anything more out of them?

Well yours is a valid point, but you've got to give some credit where it is due. The Bruins did not simply WIN this game... they absolutely dominated every facet of the game. The 3-0 final score is not even indicative of how badly the Bruins smothered everything the Caps tried to do.

Holtby made some amazing saves and faced something like 45 shots. This was more than just a win against a team coming off back-to-backs, it was a statement game of sorts.

If the Bruins had lost this game, or even if they had played a close game and got lucky winning in the end... then people would be up in arms about what an incomplete team we have. Except, we didn't just barely win (or lose for that matter) we annihilated that Capitals team and did not allow them any breathing space.

Sure the Caps came off an exhausting back-to-back... there will be a lot of that for many teams coming up as the NHL schedule nears. Just because the Caps did off the "eventful" back-to-back should not automatically take all the luster off last nights rather satisfying win.

Again, the back-to-back excuse is valid in some cases... but not when the opposing team (Bruins) dominates every aspect of the game so thoroughly. If i'm a Caps fan, that game is downright painful to watch.

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
I saw him blow the 3 goal lead to them last year so it was nice to see Tuukka get the Caps monkey off his back. Heck, maybe the Habs monkey (gerbil?) is next.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I saw him blow the 3 goal lead to them last year so it was nice to see Tuukka get the Caps monkey off his back. Heck, maybe the Habs monkey (smurf) is next.

Fixed it for you.

Remember Habs are smurfs. Actually they're something else altogether but profanity isn't allowed here :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad