GDT: Gm 60 Boston Bruins @ New York Rangers - II

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
All three Rangers goals were due to bone headed plays by out defense.

Had the team defense been sharper this game would have been a beat down.

Krecji turned the puck over by trying to force a short pass to Chara, who had a Ranger all over him, and that led to a clean breakaway.

A complete mental breakdown by entire line, with the puck thrown aimlessly across the blue line and an attempted line change, turned into a 2 on 1 with Chara lagging because of the poor change.

I thought the defensemen were the least of the team's worries tonight. The worst of the D was 55. He needs to sharpen his game up.

Great win, but they can't play this sloppy and expect to earn a W very often. Tuukka was extremely focused tonight.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Krecji turned the puck over by trying to force a short pass to Chara, who had a Ranger all over him, and that led to a clean breakaway.

not sure if i'm alone here, but thought mcdonagh blatantly interfered with krejci moments before that turnover.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I thought the defensemen were the least of the team's worries tonight.

Disagree. The number of 2 on 1s and the 2 on 0 were absurd. The D tightened up but that first period is indicative as the where Chiarelli needs to look to improve. The rookies will be inconsistant and I am praying he finds a rabbit in the hat and gets a reliable vet D to shore it up.

The least of this team's worries is Rask, no matter how many people here will call him out if he doesn't get a shutout every night.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

A complete mental breakdown by entire line, with the puck thrown aimlessly across the blue line and an attempted line change, turned into a 2 on 1 with Chara lagging because of the poor change.

I thought the defensemen were the least of the team's worries tonight. The worst of the D was 55. He needs to sharpen his game up.

Great win, but they can't play this sloppy and expect to earn a W very often. Tuukka was extremely focused tonight.

I personally don't worry about Boychuk's mini slumps during the season because he is such a beast in the play-offs...and that's the most important thing to me.
Tuukka was great tonight...that's the kind of goaltending the B's need to get back to the SCF.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Said it when it happened. Seemed blatant, but they were consistent with it all night, Chara got away with a blatant one too.

Not that it really matters, but did the Rangers get one penalty tonight? I don't think they did.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Rask won this game in the first Period today but wonder what up with the PK do we miss Seids that much?

I think the PK is hurting more from the lack of quickness in the wingers than missing Seids. The PK seems to be almost as stationary as the PP these days. Our best PK guy is Paille because he uses his quickness to pressure the puck carrier.

The D are being overwhelmed with very little help from the wingers. Yes, the D are young and prone to mistakes, but I still think they are not as bad as some people claim. If the forwards play smart and reduce the bad turnovers, I think the team is okay with our D corps.

putabergeronthegrill

Oct 31, 2011
only watched the third period but saw some highlights. Damn was Soderberg's goal sweet! those hands!

Sounds like our D still sucks but man this team can score most of the season.

good to see rask is sharp again.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Rask won this game in the first Period today but wonder what up with the PK do we miss Seids that much?

The Seids injury doesn't help, but the defense and PK weren't this bad before the break.
I think that when Claude went to Sochi, the Bruins got away from "the system", but they'll eventually get their **** together again!

acr*

The first period was some of the worst hockey you'll ever see, and they came back and scored 6 goals on Lundqvist to win. Can't ask for much more.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
not sure if i'm alone here, but thought mcdonagh blatantly interfered with krejci moments before that turnover.

Completely agree. I think I counted at least 3 penalties against the Rangers that weren't called.

I believe Kelly was tripped going into the boards which is why he went back at Miller and shoved him into Rask.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
ive been thinking we can get to maybe round 2 with this current d corps.
after this past week, im thinking we will have trouble getting out of round 1.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
I thought Chara looked horrible.

Yes, he looked awful. Yesterday I posted a comment stating Chara looks old and slow. Tonight he looked bad, but I thought 55 was even worse.

Chara is never going to be the shut down D-man of the past. It's time to start moving on to a different plan. He is too slow to cover much ice and it also appears that his strength and stamina are slipping. His slap shot isn't nearly as hard or accurate either.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Yes, he looked awful. Yesterday I posted a comment stating Chara looks old and slow. Tonight he looked bad, but I thought 55 was even worse.

Chara is never going to be the shut down D-man of the past. It's time to start moving on to a different plan. He is too slow to cover much ice and it also appears that his strength and stamina are slipping. His slap shot isn't nearly as hard or accurate either.

I think Chara should have been given that first game after the Olympics off like Rask was. He looks like he needs a couple days of rest and recovery.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
After sleeping on it-I still think the Bruins played poorly and were lucky they won. Good thing they found a way to score because the team defense was awful.

Bruins need to play smarter and better in their own zone and the neutral zone.

I think they were playing better than this befor the Olympic break but I don't think this defense can carry the team to the cup.

In spite of the win I can't imagine Julien was all that impressed with how the team played over all.

Soderberg had a good night-and Krejci line scored in spite of not really playing well, but Tuukka pretty much stole that one by making some huge saves on all those odd man rushes the defense was giving up.

OutspokenMinority*

Did you see the hands on one Daniel Paille setting up Campbell's kick-in goal? :amazed:

Im-pressive.

OutspokenMinority*

After sleeping on it-I still think the Bruins played poorly and were lucky they won. Good thing they found a way to score because the team defense was awful.

Bruins need to play smarter and better in their own zone and the neutral zone.

I think they were playing better than this befor the Olympic break but I don't think this defense can carry the team to the cup.

In spite of the win I can't imagine Julien was all that impressed with how the team played over all.

Soderberg had a good night-and Krejci line scored in spite of not really playing well, but Tuukka pretty much stole that one by making some huge saves on all those odd man rushes the defense was giving up.

Boychuk and Chara were not good. No doubt. Boychuk got better as the game went on, but still was quite bad overall. But this team is just more capable of scoring points than years past, the Seidenberg-less D is not the same, and Tuukka ain't Timmeh 2011, so they're probably going to have to win more games on the other end of the rink, which is why it's so impressive to watch a guy like Iginla basically change momentum and team attitude singlehandedly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad