GDT: GM 6 | Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Mini Series (1-0 Van)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
The notion of 'picks his head' is rubbish to me.

Things happen absurdly fast in an NHL game. Even in a beer league game you're skatingskatingskating-identifyatarget-trytohitthemiddleofit in like an 8th of a second. You aren't doing math and angles and you can't always anticipate how the opponent will move in that 8th of a second.

That said, this hit did look a bit worse than I originally thought in one of the alternate angles.

There is no point to this hit. He hit a vulnerable player in garbage time. Just stupid and unnecesssry.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
The notion of 'picks his head' is rubbish to me.

Things happen absurdly fast in an NHL game. Even in a beer league game you're skatingskatingskating-identifyatarget-trytohitthemiddleofit in like an 8th of a second. You aren't doing math and angles and you can't always anticipate how the opponent will move in that 8th of a second.

That said, this hit did look a bit worse than I originally thought in one of the alternate angles.
He dips his shoulder to come up at his head. I like hard hits as much as anyone. That clipped the head. There’s hits like Rome on Horton that are full body checks that also hit head but this clipped head and that mechanism of injury with the twist is a total brain injury creator.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
tumblr_miaobyM6Mt1rmf0z3o1_250.gif

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
from a financial standpoint that makes more sense to an owner

fire the guy, and just have some rando in the clubhouse takeover to finish out the year.

Lou Lam used to come down from his GM office and coach after firing a coach. Did it at least twice with the Devils.

Let Jim do it. He knows what he expected from all the crap he's got out there. Certainly he can get it out of them.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Lou Lam used to come down from his GM office and coach after firing a coach. Did it at least twice with the Devils.

Let Jim do it. He knows what he expected from all the crap he's got out there. Certainly he can get it out of them.
I'm thinking some ex-owner of the New Jersey Generals might make a better GM than Jim Benning.:sarcasm:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Brutal butterfly by Demko....this kid's technical issues aren't going away. Hopefully somehow he gets some practice time soon.

Also before the dumb Myers penalty I was going to say that he got beaten 6 times by being on his knees too much and he's still casually watching the play in the corner from his post....unbelievable. Really on Clark/CLoutier that this hasn't been addressed at all in three seasons.

Never really thought he was nearly as good as people thought he was. His mechanics always kind of stunk. (you can search my posts to confirm). Don't think hes every going to be a #1 NHL goalie truthfully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad