GDT: GM 6 | Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Mini Series (1-0 Van)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Please show Benning's face if so.
10784535_web1_180214-RDA-M-180215-RDA-Sports-Jim-Benning.jpg

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He picks his head. Chicken shit play. Could’ve just went through him but didn’t.

The notion of 'picks his head' is rubbish to me.

Things happen absurdly fast in an NHL game. Even in a beer league game you're skatingskatingskating-identifyatarget-trytohitthemiddleofit in like an 8th of a second. You aren't doing math and angles and you can't always anticipate how the opponent will move in that 8th of a second.

That said, this hit did look a bit worse than I originally thought in one of the alternate angles.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Just mind boggling watching this and knowing how we lost key players because of poor cap management and having bums like loui.... just how can Benning still have a job???

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hey mods, I’m on my phone right now, can someone start the post game thread please!
Thanks

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The notion of 'picks his head' is rubbish to me.

Things happen absurdly fast in an NHL game. Even in a beer league game you're skatingskatingskating-identifyatarget-trytohitthemiddleofit in like an 8th of a second. You aren't doing math and angles and you can't always anticipate how the opponent will move in that 8th of a second.

That said, this hit did look a bit worse than I originally thought in one of the alternate angles.

Yeah the second angle they showed looked way worse. I miss the old days of hard hitting hockey but that was dumb. Especially with the game out of reach and us playing them again on Saturday. They will rightfully be out for blood if Armia misses time.

Reactions: m9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad