GDT: GM 6 | Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Mini Series (1-0 Van)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
He'd be top 3 on anyone's list. It's juvenile and emotional to say he's not an NHL defenseman when he's arguably the most talented offensive player to wear the Canuck jersey.

There's going to be plenty of games where he looks awful defensively and that will likely be a part of his career. That's where the system needs to improve to support him. And he obviously has been playing with a revolving carousel of weak defensive partners this season. This year he is facing a perfect storm of challenges. The easy thing to do is to go off on the deep end with criticism when what the player actually needs patience and support.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Obviously, no update on the health of Edler and Hamonic yet?
If both guys can't go, I'd really like to see Green roll the dice with Rathbone and Rafferty. And while he's at it, can he please sit down Roussel for a game or two? I mean how could either MacEwen or Bailey possibly be any worse?

Sadly, the chances of this happening will be near 'zero'. It'll be Benn and Juolevi, and Roussel will continue to drag that third line down by the ankles.

Benn and Sutter don't even have contracts beyond this season, and there's no chance either guy is back. But the coach will play them to the bitter end, even though they have no real future in the organization....while guys like Rafferty, Rathbone, MacEwen and even Michaelis gather dust.

Reactions: David71

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If both guys can't go, I'd really like to see Green roll the dice with Rathbone and Rafferty. And while he's at it, can he please sit down Roussel for a game or two? I mean how could either MacEwen or Bailey possibly be any worse?

Sadly, the chances of this happening will be near 'zero'. It'll be Benn and Juolevi, and Roussel will continue to drag that third line down by the ankles.

Benn and Sutter don't even have contracts beyond this season, and there's no chance either guy is back. But the coach will play them to the bitter end, even though they have no real future in the organization....while guys like Rafferty, Rathbone, MacEwen and even Michaelis gather dust.
It most likely will be Benn coming into the lineup shortly, although I would like to see Rafferty and Rathbone as well..If injuries pile up on the D, they will have zero choice but to play the kids...May as well see what you've got.

Agreed about Roussel...He's never really been the same player since his injury.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
upload_2021-1-21_11-59-55.jpeg

“Hello darkness my old friend...”

Lol. Pettersson takes himself way too seriously.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I think it’s a pretty huge stretch to say hughes would go #1 in a re-draft. His 5 on 5 defence is pretty bad but he does so many amazing things going the other way you take the good with the bad.

If he keeps playing 26+ minutes in tougher competition with the potential combos he has I don’t like the odds of him being a positive goal differential player at 5 on 5.

Again all the folks who continued to talk like Hughes carried Tanev last season are getting a pretty good look what kind of impact we lost.

Hughes is an absolute dynamo on the PP but I think Dahlin and his 6’3” 200+ pound frame would still go above. Hughes probably 3rd. It’s still great but I think right now giving up nearly 5 goals against per 60 at 5 on 5 speaks to where his game has tons of room to grow.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Roussel wasn’t even good in his first year when Bo wasn’t dragging him around inflating his totals.
15-5 GF together
16-26 Roussel GF away from Bo.

Team needs players who can win matchups against similar competition without a top 40 center.

Reactions: Nucker101

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I would trade Hughes for Dahlin straight up without even blinking.

I'd probably deal him for Svechnikov too. Only team need would make me think twice about this one.

IMO Hughes is #3 in that draft which is still great, only way he makes it to #1 in a redraft is if he hits his potential and Dahlin gets Oiler'd by the buffalo development team.

Reactions: PM and VanillaCoke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad