GDT: GM #6 LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs @4:30pm 10/15/18

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Ofcourse the secondary scoring and middle guys suck, they sucked the previous two years too. Tyler Toffoli mailed it in long ago, he got his life setting money and is enjoying the beach life. Atleast one of Toffoli and Pearson should have been unloaded as a wake-up call, but no, they return and it's the same old, combined 1 goal in 12 games so far and they both look horrendous.

I've been supportive of Blake but it's starting to grow thin, the Stevens hire and sticking with these bums because they happened to be on the SC teams is just a total disaster.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Kopitar is also the leader of this group, perhaps he isn't the right man for the job? He is a placid nice guy. Brown also seems like a nice guy, but he used to kill people with his hits. I know the game has changed to a quicker cuter game these days, but as soon as Brown stopped killing people things went down hill. The Kings are too placid.
Back to back shit show games and no one, no one starts a fight, gives a face wash or throws a big hit? That says A LOT about these guys and their leadership. Wimp ass players.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Too many poor drafts and trading too many picks. I was just looking through each draft since 2010 and they are pretty abysmal...no later round doubles or triples, let alone home runs.
The last 2 drafts hold some promise - Jad, Vilardi (he will play) Kupari and Thomas. Hoping that Mikey Anderson and Sodergran become later round gems. Or possibly Shaffigulin.

Since Kempe and Amadio in 2014, there has just been Wagner and JAD to play and Wagner may need this yr in Ontario and JAD may go back to Spokane.
Most every NHL team has drafted forwards that are making some kind of impact from the last 4 years drafts.

I was so pissed when DL dealt the #1 for Lucic...I was preparing a post with Kyle Connor and ready to hit POST on this site, when DL did that. I was then shocked that the Bruins had 3 consecutive picks after the Kings and passed on Connor all 3 times.

King Drafts:

Los Angeles Kings Draft History at hockeydb.com

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
guys!! come on it's superrrr early in the season

think about it, Ottawa scored 5 TO couldn't even match Ottawa ...losers

we'll win vs NYI

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i usually get destroyed when i **** on the team

i wonder if ill get ****ted on if i start to talk positively about the team

:laugh:

I will say that one thing that's been super entertaining over this stretch is watching people who almost always disagree with one another end up in shock that they're not murdering each other.

But I also think it's telling that people who are relentlessly positive are feeling pretty grim for the first time in about a decade.

I love Quick and Brown as much as the next guy, and I feel bad for Brodz and though Vilardi is a wild card I think he--like JAD, Wagner--would give the roster a real energy shot int he arm. Yet, watching these guys go through the motions without so much as a facewash in Ottawa was why it killed me. No guts, no checking...no identity. Awful.

What scares me is that most is these new guys are coming into a now-pushover culture.

Jun 30, 2006
Ofcourse the secondary scoring and middle guys suck, they sucked the previous two years too. Tyler Toffoli mailed it in long ago, he got his life setting money and is enjoying the beach life. Atleast one of Toffoli and Pearson should have been unloaded as a wake-up call, but no, they return and it's the same old, combined 1 goal in 12 games so far and they both look horrendous.

I've been supportive of Blake but it's starting to grow thin, the Stevens hire and sticking with these bums because they happened to be on the SC teams is just a total disaster.

Well...who’s driving the bus? Blake or Luc? Some of the deals engineered were by Luc. Doughty deal, and the fiasco of the Pacioretty trade.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Ultimately, we all care for this team
we know they can be better than this
with names like kopitar, carter, doughty, quick, brown, pearson, toffoli, jad, vilardi, martinez, muzzin, kovalchuk, iafollo, kempe, fantenberg, ladue, forbort, lewis, phaneuf, lewis...

i am proud to call them all LA Kings, but they are disappointing me tremendously; none of them are playing to their full potential

these are great names, but right now they are only great in name, not in practice; this is a team culture problem, this starts at the top

TO is so flawed as a team concept, that if you're mentally prepared, they stand no chance

LA is not there at all, they lose 5-1 to Ottawa, and now choose to continue that path with a loss in Toronto; a team that they could have easily shut down offensively and exploit their stupid weak ass defense and 90s goaltending

i'll never forget the time that Lombardi mentioned that Los Angeles wanted to establish a culture of privilege, or luxury to play for LA, similar to the Detroit Red Wings model.... a culture of "must win"

f*** Stevens and his staff, and Blake is too conservative for this team right now

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Being a Kings fan sucks. The cups are cool and all but the fact theyve shown up collectively with both cup runs 2 months in total is hard.

Hard being a fan of a team that sucks dick during the regular season.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Being a Kings fan sucks. The cups are cool and all but the fact theyve shown up collectively with both cup runs 2 months in total is hard.

Hard being a fan of a team that sucks dick during the regular season.

This is all just gravy time for myself and a lot of others - considering many of us were long time fans who lived through and saw much worse and never thought we'd ever see one Cup let alone two.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
This is all just gravy time for myself and a lot of others - considering many of us were long time fans who lived through and saw much worse and never thought we'd ever see one Cup let alone two.
This is true and it was devastating for heart and soul fans in 93.I've only been a fan since 1982 as a kid.Kings have since won two cups in recent years,no reason to fall back to being crappy again.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Trust me I've seen the suck many years before they won their first cup, it'd just be a nice change of pace to be a regular season team for once.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'm a bit surprised that the Kings didn't even try to stir some shit up the last two games. Losing is one thing. Being content with losing is another. If Thompson and Clifford are going to be on the ice, they better start showing some grit and toughness. Find a willing partner, throw down and let your team know you're not giving up.

Reactions: crassbonanza

member 157595

Knowing little about the Kings, I am curious as to where the "confused" comments that I read in the GDT come from? Thanks in advance.

You could say I am...confused...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad