Post-Game Talk: [GM 6] Canucks lose to Sabres | 1 - 5 (Garland)

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I'm going to go with a squeaker with more goals given up than we wanted to, but we finally win 5-4 OT.

Teams have been taking Buffalo less than seriously and they have stepped up their game but they give up a huge shot differential. Taking into account the hometown boost and the fact that we basically can't play a trap game because we've been burned 5 times in a row, I think we win.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
on Rathbone

This is what i would have done too had i not had him start the season (which i would have)

It would have been a awful way to start him without last change and after a few losses and put that kind of expectation on him. From what we've seen he struggles under heavy forechecking pressure. Having the opportunity now to wait and then give him favorable starts and against softer competition is a better recipe for him to get started building some confidence

This was a reasonable approach before, say, we lost 2-ish games in a row.

Team needs someone to produce offence from the backend, who else is an option to do that?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That's the odd thing about the start of the season, bottom dwelling teams outperform for a little while and then fall off a steep cliff.

Buffalo right now is having a Travis Green dream start of the season, winning games when they are being clearly dominated and getting every puck bounce in their favor.
What?

They hit four posts in the second period against Calgary when they spent the entire period in their zone…and then HAD A REF LITERALLY KICK A PUCK TO A FLAME FOR A WIDE OPEN GOAL WITH 1 SECOND LEFT.

Their one loss was due to a string of questionable penalties in the second period and then a refusal to make an obvious tripping call the other way.

What are you talking about?

i see you’ve seen stats on third periods where they had multiple goal leads though. I guess you missed the most important one. Unlike some teams…they held them.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
What?

They hit four posts in the second period against Calgary when they spent the entire period in their zone…and then HAD A REF LITERALLY KICK A PUCK TO A FLAME FOR A WIDE OPEN GOAL WITH 1 SECOND LEFT.

Their one loss was due to a string of questionable penalties in the second period and then a refusal to make an obvious tripping call the other way.

What are you talking about?

i see you’ve seen stats on third periods where they had multiple goal leads though. I guess you missed the most important one. Unlike some teams…they held them.
ice-cube-chris-tucker.gif

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
It's stunningly oblivious and arrogant.
This board consistently acts like interviews with the press are an unvarnished look into a player's internal monologue.

These guys largely project confidence and try not to get too high or low, particularly publicly.

I'm someone who never thought Miller should sniff the captaincy because I have played with talented, demonstrative, mercurial talents and it's draining on the team, let alone when one gives them a leadership role.

But these comments mean absolutely nothing.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
This board consistently acts like interviews with the press are an unvarnished look into a player's internal monologue.

These guys largely project confidence and try not to get too high or low, particularly publicly.

I'm someone who never thought Miller should sniff the captaincy because I have played with talented, demonstrative, mercurial talents and it's draining on the team, let alone when one gives them a leadership role.

But these comments mean absolutely nothing.

Well honestly just about anything Miller says about what he is or isn’t going to do concerning his play means nothing. He’s often the king of taking responsibility in an interview which is followed by him continuing to go through the motions like he never said anything. This isn’t anything different just reversed.

JT Miller will show up and play when JT Miller decides to show up and play. It has no bearing on any responsibility he takes or doesn’t take. Which is what has frustrated coaches (and likely teammates) since he was young.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Blind Faith how? I'm not expecting anything other than 12-20 in the standings

It's been 5 games the guy led us in scoring by 31pts last year lol.

The rest was just a rant. You can do fandom as you please it's no different than you not liking my positivity.

Looking forward to cheering on the boys and Miller Saturday night baby. It's time to get the ship turned

but this is the exact problem we’ve had as Canuck fans… blind loyalty to a failure of a club and cheering on this failure and seeing anyone who doesn’t support failure as a negative. Being positive in life is a great thing! But we also need to be realistic and see things for what they are. If one is so blind with their support that they’ll pump the tires of the team even when they have a decade of sucking than that’s a massive issue and the reason why things won’t change for the better. Keeping the owners and management group accountable for poor decisions is being a loyal fan… much more so than being a blind, positive fan that just accepts failure from them.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I'd like to say the same, but this inflation crap is getting out of control, comes down to where is more affordable now a days.

Vancouver and BC is beautiful but what the government has allowed to happen with the cost of living, crime and drug/homeless is horrible. It’s pretty stretchy now and it’s going to be almost impossible to fix all these issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad