GDT: Gm 57 Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins | 2/8/14 | 3P ET | NESN, CBC, RDS | 98.5 FM

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sens board is furious right now.....not nearly as fun of a read as the Nucks board though, check er out if you need a laugh<<< don`t troll please, no need to give those fans any potential ammunition

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sens board is furious right now.....not nearly as fun of a read as the Nucks board though, check er out if you need a laugh<<< don`t troll please, no need to give those fans any potential ammunition

Sens fans are usually pretty cool. You can't blame them for being disappointed.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Great way to head into the break. Thinking Smith was not anticipating Miller`s strength and scraparoo abilities:)

I am not a fan who has to have a fight in every game but Miller surprised me with how much he dominated in that fight. I knew Miller was strong but he seems to throw a pretty hard punch.

Miller in all facets of the game is really impressing me. He seems to be one of those late blooming Dmen but the kid is IMO NHL quality.

All the kids held up pretty well yesterday IMO. Bart looked good but Dougie really impressed as well. With every game Dougie blossoms a little more and you can see the future elite Dman in his game. Chia probably still gets all giddy when he thinks of how Dougie fell into his lap (I know he didn't expect Dougie to fall that far but Chia wasn't dumb enough to let him fall further).

I still worry about the playoffs without Seids but the kids managed to hold the fort with Chara away.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Sens fans are pretty cool.

I think they sound frustrated.

I feel for them though-the team has good pieces and has had success but it just isn't coming together this season for them. I have the impression that Cowen is their whipping boy (and he was a minus 4 yesterday so some of the ire may be justified).

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Nice to see Sens fans hating on Karlsson and Spezza. Makes me feel a bit better about the hate dished out against Kelly and Eriksson and sometimes Rask.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I absoluetely love Söderberg, what a player he is and what an addition to the team:amazed:

The kids on D are playing great as well, what a depth we have.
After a first skeptical approach at Bartowski I have to admit that he has become a rock solid d-man, way to go!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not a bit, born and raised Ottawa lad, former season tix holder of the Sens myself, not the loudest barn, but great fans nonetheless

Knew there was something different aboot you I liked.

Went to a Sens game back in 2000. Canes beat them 1-0, Irbe over Lalime. My son was (and still is) a big Canes fan. So why did they put the arena so far out of town?Last time I was in Ottawa I went to junior game instead in the rink attached to the football stadium.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Not a bit, born and raised Ottawa lad, former season tix holder of the Sens myself, not the loudest barn, but great fans nonetheless

Wish the building was closer to downtown but other than that it is great. Good atmosphere. Hockey focused. For me it is much better than the TD Garden game presentation.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Going to a Sens game in Ottawa is on my list of things to do.

I will try to do one away game a year as long as I can.

Went to Toronto in Dec. Nice city and fans were good to us (even though they knew we were B's fans) Haven't had a bad time yet in all of the other cities we visited (other than kidding around).

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Going to a Sens game in Ottawa is on my list of things to do.

I will try to do one away game a year as long as I can.

Went to Toronto in Dec. Nice city and fans were good to us (even though they knew we were B's fans) Haven't had a bad time yet in all of the other cities we visited (other than kidding around).

How about Montreal?

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
How about Montreal?

I have been to Montreal but not to a game I want to go. Years ago I went on a bus trip out of Boston (planned and paid for months in advance) to Montreal for a game but the NHL was on strike when we went :(. The trip was pre paid so we went anyway to see the city. next time I will probably drive.

Been to: Caps, Flyers, Panthers, Lightning, Leafs, Kings, Sharks and Ducks. Also went to Prague in 2010..

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I have been to Montreal but not to a game I want to go. Years ago I went on a bus trip out of Boston (planned and paid for months in advance) to Montreal for a game but the NHL was on strike when we went :(. The trip was pre paid so we went anyway to see the city. next time I will probably drive.

Been to: Caps, Flyers, Panthers, Lightning, Leafs, Kings, Sharks and Ducks. Also went to Prague in 2010..

I've been to Montreal quite a few times. I enjoy the city. I've been to a number of games also. But never a Bruins game. Got the sense that it would not be an enjoyable experience.

Been to: Montreal (old and new), Toronto (old and new), Ottawa, Buffalo, Tampa, Philly (old and new), Columbus, Pittsburgh, NYR, NJD, NYI. And of course, Hartford.

Can't touch Prague, though.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
does soderberg ever smile?
Here's the (off-ice) proof:
600x400_010114_soderberg_interivew.jpg

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've been to Montreal quite a few times. I enjoy the city. I've been to a number of games also. But never a Bruins game. Got the sense that it would not be an enjoyable experience.

Been to: Montreal (old and new), Toronto (old and new), Ottawa, Buffalo, Tampa, Philly (old and new), Columbus, Pittsburgh, NYR, NJD, NYI. And of course, Hartford.

Prague was really away :). Actually I went with my daughter (who lives in Calif) so we first went to Stockholm to see the Sharks. It was the first game Big Joe wore the "C" for the Sharks.

and you must have been to the Boston Garden ?

Last edited:

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul

I agree with you LF ! Ottawa is my favorite team up north , losing Alfie didn't help that franchise. I would love to go to a few venues up north next year, just got my passport last month. Maybe a Bruins vs Montreal or a Bruins vs Ottawa next year would be nice as well. I did pick up a dead center ice seat for the Bruins vs New York Rangers on March 2 .
Should be a lot of fun visiting friends in Manhatten and seeing Zappa plays Zappa on Saturday night.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Knew there was something different aboot you I liked.

Went to a Sens game back in 2000. Canes beat them 1-0, Irbe over Lalime. My son was (and still is) a big Canes fan. So why did they put the arena so far out of town?Last time I was in Ottawa I went to junior game instead in the rink attached to the football stadium.

http://www.obj.ca/Opinion/Bruce-Fir...le-278677/Why-Scotiabank-Place-is-in-Kanata/1

That article "might" help but keep in mind, Bruce Firestone, President of Terrace Investments, who was, at that time looking for a tenant to fill a huge chunk of commercial developments West of the city.

Nice Barn, wrong place

The Sens played/shared the Ottawa Civic Centre, underneath the then Landsdown Park (itself a real dump for years now being refurbished for the new, YET AGAIN, CFL team).

Loved that old barn, played and watched a ton of hockey there but clearly 9-10,000 arena`s don`t support NHL hockey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Had a few close calls at the Forum, but truthfully, well lubricated with Labatt`s Blue, and a few games which the B`s actually won brought that on.

We may despise the team and their fans, but do yourselves a favor for those having never seen a game in Montreal, take a weekend and hit the Bell Center (not quite the Forum but) Bruins playing or otherwise. Nobody, and I mean nobody is as passionate as Hab fans for better or worse. The whole city is completely buzzing on game days

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad