GDT: Gm 57 Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins | 2/8/14 | 3P ET | NESN, CBC, RDS | 98.5 FM

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just finished watching on DVR and I've got to say that defensively, Karlsson almost makes Subban look like a legitimate Norris winner. Almost.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not sure if Bruins played that well, or Senators were that garbage.

Their d coverage was abysmal. Between Karlsson getting absolutely schooled by Bergeron and Cowen totally losing his man and leaving him all alone in front of the net, i'm leaning towards Ottawa being that bad today.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Poor Loui. How much dental work did he receive? Hopefully Tim Peel is already in Sochi and his toilet doesn't work.

Welcome to the board.

Nice game today !

Poor Loui. He was bleeding from the mouth again and went back for repairs. When he came back to the bench Marchy told him to go back to the room (he was double shifted and liked it).

I told all of the guys going to the Olympics "good luck" got a nice thank you from Tuukka and Bergy. I told the coach I was cheering for Canada. ;)

Chad looking good.

What fun watching Brad today. He was having a blast. Nice to see all of those smiles.

Matt B. had a good game. He is eating up lots of min. per game. All of the young d men looked great.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Come on B's! I think I may have overdone celebrating a cancer free mother last night. The least they could do is pull out a win so this day isn't a complete write-off. I'm going 5-2 Bruins!

Congrats. Got my news about 6 weeks ago. It's quite the feeling to hear those words. :handclap:

Congrats to you both. Happy for your good news :handclap:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Welcome to the board.

Nice game today !

Poor Loui. He was bleeding from the mouth again and went back for repairs. When he came back to the bench Marchy told him to go back to the room (he was double shifted and liked it).

I told all of the guys going to the Olympics "good luck" got a nice thank you from Tuukka and Bergy. I told the coach I was cheering for Canada. ;)

Chad looking good.

What fun watching Brad today. He was having a blast. Nice to see all of those smiles.

Matt B. had a good game. He is eating up lots of min. per game. All of the young d men looked great.

oh cool, great post!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
wasn't posting during the game today but man that was a fun one to watch. I haven't seen them dominate like that through 3 periods since I don't know. Great game today

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Welcome to the board.

Nice game today !

Chad looking good.

Nice post Ladyfan...you are soooo lucky to be able to go to so many Bruin's games (I envy you), but it's still not nice to lie to the coach.:sarcasm:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nice post Ladyfan...you are soooo lucky to be able to go to so many Bruin's games (I envy you), but it's still not nice to lie to the coach.:sarcasm:

No lie.:)

It is fun. I feel lucky.

Today's game was fun because the players were having a blast and we love watching their happy faces ! All of those goals weren't too bad either.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
No lie.:)

It is fun. I feel lucky.

Today's game was fun because the players were having a blast and we love watching their happy faces ! All of those goals weren't too bad either.

It's always more fun when the B's are winning!!!

On a different note, do you by any chance know if Lyndon Byers is still living in Boston? He used to play for the Regina Pats (my hometown) in the early 80's, and I loved it when he played for the Bruins.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It's always more fun when the B's are winning!!!

On a different note, do you by any chance know if Lyndon Byers is still living in Boston? He used to play for the Regina Pats (my hometown) in the early 80's, and I loved it when he played for the Bruins.

I haven't seen him for awhile. I loved when he played for the B's too. He and Cam were pals.

He used to be at many of the B's functions.

I just found this on Wikipedia "He is currently a radio personality on Boston rock station WAAF (FM)."

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I haven't seen him for awhile. I loved when he played for the B's too. He and Cam were pals.

I just found this on Wikipedia "He is currently a radio personality on Boston rock station WAAF (FM)."

Yeah, I actually googled him right after I asked you and found out he was a co-host on “Hill Man Morning Show†on WAAF.
I remember him as a very tough, hard nosed player with a great sense of humor too.
I appreciate all the great updates you post after the Bruins home games....Thanks!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah, I actually googled him right after I asked you and found out he was a co-host on “Hill Man Morning Show†on WAAF.
I remember him as a very tough, hard nosed player with a great sense of humor too.
I appreciate all the great updates you post after the Bruins home games....Thanks!

Thank you !:)

We can not see the far corner from our seats but we do get to see the B's up close and love all of the facial expressions and interaction we see between the players and coaches.

We see and hear many things.

It is best when the B's have a good game and win. They were a happy bunch today.

Most are going somewhere warm for a few days. I wished a nice vacation to the equipment manager before the game and he said "I hope the players don't start vacation until AFTER the game" :laugh:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Thank you !:)

We can not see the far corner from our seats but we do get to see the B's up close and love all of the facial expressions and interaction we see between the players and coaches.

We see and hear many things.

It is best when the B's have a good game and win. They were a happy bunch today.

Most are going somewhere warm for a few days. I wished a nice vacation to the equipment manager before the game and he said "I hope the players don't start vacation until AFTER the game" :laugh:

It's always better when the B's have a good game.......and WIN!

I think the upcoming break had lots to do with how good they played today...they hustled their butts off, and had some fun.
I wish the Habs were playing the Bruins today. I think it would have been a much better outcome then the last game against Montreal.

Last edited:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Bartkowski and Hamilton have been 1-2 in ice time each of these past two games. Pretty amazing when you think about the success they've had going toe to toe with St. Loius and blowing the doors off of Ottawa.

Soderberg is a horse. Size and Skill galore. Need more Soderberg.

Bergeron always seems to burn Ottawa. He was great, but Marchand was best player on the ice IMO. Krejci line was having their way as well. Iginla is on fire.

Deepest organization in the league IMO.

SillyMe

Jan 10, 2014
Ma.

LB is always on the radio, even when he's not part of the crew, he's callin' in.

Funny guy.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Carl should not be moved from Center he found his Spot. Love the young DMen stepping up.The Bruins deserve their time off and i miss their hockey for 2 weeks.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Anyway, I'd consider the Bruins as constructed now to be the best team in the NHL.

Obviously there are certain matchups that are better than others....B's own Ottawa and Philly....struggle with Detroit and Montreal.

But Boston is an incredible team...with so many high-level players that excel in all situations. They've got more skilled players with size, better skating ability than in the past, they all compete, and there is more depth than in recent years.

The new/newer guys:

When you have a third line center capable of doing what Soderberg has done in the past month or so...it's just unfair. That combination of size/strength, acceleration, playmaking/shooting is so rare....so in that sense I agree with the people that call him a mini-Malkin.

Hamilton is maturing and has a combination of size, skating, passing and intelligence to be a special player in all areas of the game.

Eriksson has had a tough year for sure...but he's one of the best two-way forwards in the league...When he's not scoring he contributes in other ways. and he's too good not to turn it around.

Iginla has stepped it up...still a scoring threat and brings the size/skill that Horton had.

Then there are the two big surprises in Bartkowski and Smith that are contributing a lot to the team's success....Throw in Krug and the team has a good powerplay for the first time in a long time.

And all of that is in addition to a group of quality players that have already won the Cup in 2011 and are contributing at a high level....Chara, Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Lucic, Boychuk.

Plus they have Rask.

This team is just ridiculous. :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Great way to head into the break. Thinking Smith was not anticipating Miller`s strength and scraparoo abilities:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad