GDT: Gm 57 Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins | 2/8/14 | 3P ET | NESN, CBC, RDS | 98.5 FM

member 96824

Who were he first and second?

Lots of choices today but I would lean towards Bergy, Marchand and Yeti/Krejci/Crap too many choices.

Iginla was 3rd, Marchand 2nd, Bergeron 1st of course.

Kelly didn't get a star, but will without a doubt get an ESPY for overcoming all odds.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Erik Karlsson is a gifted hockey player, he is a rubbish defenseman.

That may have been the worst I've ever seen a "top" defenseman play in my life. He was complete garbage.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I am not sure of the quality of their league players but I really find leaving Soderberg off the. Olympic roster was a mistake and it looks so petty.

He is a beast and his passing skills are so good.

They don't have any SHL players on their team except like... 16th forward Jimmie Ericsson (who will probably play very limited fourth line minutes if at all). Sweden have a lot of NHLers, and almost as many draftees as the rest of the European countries put together the past few years.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Domin8ed! :handclap:

Nice win. Good luck to all our Olympians!

Hope Paille isn't hurt too bad.

Indeed. Good luck to all our Olympians. So proud of the guys we have going. As if I ever cared a/b how team Finland does before. Plenty to keep B's fans interested for the next two weeks.

Yeah, Paille. More important than most think.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I'm just glad that it's a young David Gilmour, because he's looking like Michael Caine these days. :laugh:

He was actually a good looking dude if you've ever seen Live in Pompeii.

Haha, true. I should get a picture of Neil Young as my avatar... young or old. Not the prettiest man ever, but more than talented enough to make up for it.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

That may have been the worst I've ever seen a "top" defenseman play in my life. He was complete garbage.

He wasn't a top-notch defender anyway, but his defense a couple years ago was at least passable and that combined with the stellar offense made him the threat he was.

He's not skating with the speed he was then, and with his defensive skills really not being up to snuff historically anyway he's not reacting fast enough at all to put himself in the right position to play good enough defense, which is why he constantly looks like he's nowhere near the play.

The fact that he's on OTT's first pairing at all is indicative of how poor that entire D corps is. Anderson/Lehner are already behind the 8-ball most nights with that bunch in front of them.

Sad thing for the Sens, they're actually fairly close in the wild card standings, so they've pretty much ****ed themselves over this year. Need to be sellers considering how bad that D is....and they won't be.

Honest M

May 11, 2012

Sure he was -2 logging most minutes in ottawa as usual, and they are relying on him building up the plays totally, as usual. They need Spezza or someone else to help carry the teem when they play tougher oponents.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Total domination today by the Bruins.

The strong play of the young dmen is a wonderful sight indeed.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
:biglaugh:

Karlsson was 38th star.

Today was getaway day and the Sens played as such. Good on the Bruins for dominating and giving the fans a huge win going into the break.

As per Elliott Friedman, one GM this week said the Bruins have no weaknesses. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad