GDT: Gm 54 Edmonton Oilers @ Boston Bruins | 2/1/14 | 1P ET | NESN (HD) | 98.5 FM

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
That sequence showed a real difference in MTL v. BOS fanbases.

Habs fans are ******* themselves as Subban just hogs the puck and skates around in circles. Bruins fans would have started booing and Claude would have benched Subban for being such an unproductive showboat.

It's funny too how MTL fans are all blaming Gorges for the OT goal instead of precious PK. Gorges was at least trying to get the puck in the defensive zone. Subban is a DEFENSEMAN literally waiting in between the faceoff dots for the play to go up ice.

He did a few circles in the offensive zone while pulling a guy with his own stick and then didn't play defense in the final 30 seconds of overtime. I'm not sure why a dude being able to do sharp turns 50 feet from the net excites Habs fans so much.

Habs fans? There are plenty of Bruins fans on this very board who think Subban walks on water.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights on this one. :D

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Ference saying that this was home and might be again someday hit me right in the feels.

Love you Andy!

I know he really loved living in the city-not just playing here but living here. His kids are also of an age where Boston was pretty much the only home they knew. Move was probably hard on his kids even if they adjust and all that moves are still tough.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Lol are you being funny.. I think I'd ride Chad till he loses. But I'm sure Rask starts that game Tuesday

Me too. Just to give Tuukka chance to get back on track.

He's been pulled now 4 times in his last 16 starts.

25% rate over decent sample size is something to give thought to.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
With Chara missing the last 2 games before the break

Tuesdays game is very important if we win were 1st place at the break guaranteed

Dont see us winning at St Louis without Big Z

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Id Go Tuukka the next 2 than give Chad Ottawa

Tuukkas worst game of the year may have been that Vancouver game I think he will have a nice bounce back game against them

May 29, 2013
Without Scrivens the score might have been 8-0. It was quite the shooting gallery the last 2 periods.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Habs fans? There are plenty of Bruins fans on this very board who think Subban walks on water.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights on this one. :D

I respeck him (I really do), for the way he antagonizes teams into forgetting they should be playing hockey, instead of trying to chase him. Marchand can try, but he's got nothing on PK.

(Do wish he'd drop them more though).

Doug.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins Stats

2nd Most Regulation/OT wins in the NHL at 34

5th Most Road Regulation/OT wins in the NHL at 14

2nd Most Home Regulation/OT wins in the NHL at 20

5th in the NHL in Goals scored

2nd in the NHL in Goals Against

3rd in the NHL in 5 on 5 Goals

7th in the NHL in PP%

3rd in the NHL when leading after 2

5th in the NHL in Faceoff %

1st in 3rd period goal differential at +28

Last edited:

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
he pulled a jagr and stayed out there too long.
was probably dead tired to defend.

Therrien and Subban what a duo. The coach made a fool of the defenseman by putting him on the ice for all that time. They were both wanting for a miracle to happen. That was an individual exhibition aided by the coach. :shakehead

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
2nd Most Regulation wins in the NHL at 34

5th Most Road Regulation/OT wins in the NHL at 14

2nd Most Home Regulation/OT wins in the NHL at 20

5th in the NHL in Goals scored

2nd in the NHL in Goals Against

3rd in the NHL in 5 on 5 Goals

7th in the NHL in PP%

3rd in the NHL when leading after 2

5th in the NHL in Faceoff %

1st in 3rd period goal differential at +28

That's the only thing we're best at?

Unacceptable!

:sarcasm:

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Wouldn't be suprised if we ride Tuukka out for the rest of these games before the Olympic break. We shouldn't, but we probably will anyways...

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Great game by all the young D of the Bruins.
Krug seems like a natural goal scorer. He did not have much room when he sniped his goal today.
I would like to see him get a shot in the next shoot out Bruins are in.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LOL Amon Amarth and Enslaved are sharing the pic of them at the game all over FB. 2 things I love Bruins and Metal.

1656021_713942648639503_412632115_n.jpg

Yeti scored when I shared this pic on here earlier. Sweeeede Power!

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Excellent game, Bruins were right back on their game albeit against a lesser opponent. Chara pretty much dominated the Oilers first line.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Wouldn't be suprised if we ride Tuukka out for the rest of these games before the Olympic break. We shouldn't, but we probably will anyways...

Amalie Benjamin ‏@AmalieBenjamin 54m

Claude Julien said he's conscious of wear and tear on Tuukka Rask both for Bruins and for Team Finland at Olympics.

It's a balancing act.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Edmonton just looks like they have no idea what to be or who they are- lot of talent but what a train wreck. If ever a team needed to sign a 28 year old Zdeno Chara as a FA this is the team.

Signing Chara is the signature move by this franchise to why they are right now one of the top handful of teams and a legit Cup contendah.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I feel bad for that team. They've had what, 4 different coaches over the past 4 seasons? That's terrible for developing young stars. I hope they find some consistency and stick to one system. But hey, at least they have Darnell Nurse..

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Edmonton just looks like they have no idea what to be or who they are- lot of talent but what a train wreck. If ever a team needed to sign a 28 year old Zdeno Chara as a FA this is the team.

Signing Chara is the signature move by this franchise to why they are right now one of the top handful of teams and a legit Cup contendah.

Too bad for them there are none available.

But, I did a quick look and they are projected to have a ton of cap space next year.

They should/could overpay for Markov, and 1 of Phillips, Girardi or Boyle, which would make them legit for a couple of years.

And move one of Yakupov/Eberle/RNH for a prospective top 2 d-man.

Not sure of their D prospects but two of the above and Ference isn't a bad start.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I feel bad for that team. They've had what, 4 different coaches over the past 4 seasons? That's terrible for developing young stars. I hope they find some consistency and stick to one system. But hey, at least they have Darnell Nurse..

they seemed doomed- its crazy with all those young stars

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Too bad for them there are none available.

But, I did a quick look and they are projected to have a ton of cap space next year.

They should/could overpay for Markov, and 1 of Phillips, Girardi or Boyle, which would make them legit for a couple of years.

And move one of Yakupov/Eberle/RNH for a prospective top 2 d-man.

Not sure of their D prospects but two of the above and Ference isn't a bad start.

here is what I would do- build from the back out; I'd load up on the bottom 6 with legit talent- not just one guy like a Paille but they need two or three gritty guys with talent.

They also have to many pretty players on the first two lines and it pains me to watch Hall closely today and see him sort of in that mold:eek:

Its like a Fantasy Team gone bad...the have one of the most recognizable forward groups around but all in all they suck

They cant but to bad they can not flip Yakky for a Seth Jones.

Ference was a nice thought and try but he is a complimentary player bottom 4-6 on defense they need a couple of good warriors back there

member 96824

They should have picked Murray. It was a pretty simple choice

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ference saying that this was home and might be again someday hit me right in the feels.

Love you Andy!

I would love to see Andy back someday working in some capacity for the B's.

I am happy the B's fans gave a nice ovation to Andy.

The game was fun. Nice to see Chad get the shut out.

Loui got screwed on that goal.

Now rest up and beat those Nucks next !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad