GDT: Gm 54 Edmonton Oilers @ Boston Bruins | 2/1/14 | 1P ET | NESN (HD) | 98.5 FM

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
5KHfzHL.png

Disclaimer 1: If you don't understand this fanbases' appreciation for the recently-departed Andrew Ference then I'm warning you now; you're probably better served just skipping this OP as Ference was my favorite player. See, I'm a big ol' hippie who played very average defense but demonstrated well-placed moments of plug-induced truculence, so AF21 is kinda my spirit animal.

If you're cool otherwise, then proceed.

SjUaCwV.jpg

The Ice Game
FRXrEMZ.jpg

The Protector
V8szrpl.jpg

The Champion
Spi2koN.jpg

The Teammate
9HTWUsD.jpg

The Advocate
2iglze2.jpg

...and yes...
TpQ1Bex.jpg

Welcome Back, Andy.

O8JDD9b.jpg

ecmyopU.jpg

p1Qs94z.jpg

:bruins

FvV0ic5.png

Seidenmoose vents frustration from last night's loss by envisioning a Caron+Bart for Ryan Suter trade.

:bruins

He's moved back home and my heart will go on....but he'll always be a Bruin.
mhHIyhG.png

Disclaimer 2: It's dinner time so I'm out. Peace.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Andy is a favorite of mine too. Nice job on the GDT. I like what you did with the glove malfunction. :laugh:

Is Andy going to be here ? I heard he was injured. I hope he comes to Boston.
He is such a cool guy.

Sooshii will be at the game :handclap:

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Awesome GDT. One of my favorites so far.

I really miss Ference. Such a great person and exactly what a Bruin should be. I wouldn't hate to see him get the Oilers' only goal in blowout loss.

Better not be any boos

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Andy is a favorite of mine too. Nice job on the GDT. I like what you did with the glove malfunction. :laugh:

He is such a cool guy.

Yes. He discussed making plans to see people on Twitter. He sustained a head injury against Phoenix and hasn't played since then, but he was targeting his return for tomorrow. He has a couple more tests to pass so it's not certain yet he's playing, but he was progressing well, last I heard.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Awesome GDT. One of my favorites so far.

I really miss Ference. Such a great person and exactly what a Bruin should be. I wouldn't hate to see him get the Oilers' only goal in blowout loss.

Better not be any boos

No way in hell that happens.

The dude is going to get like a 10 minute standing ovation from the Garden.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Big fan of Andy's ultimate team guy.

Got to meet him last season after Jagr's debut vs NJ and he was great.

Glad to see him hopefully back playing, but we need a statement win, and the Oilers are bad. Make that statement tomorrow afternoon. Oil have Gazdic, Hendricks, and Fraser now, so we could get into that type of game we need.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014

He is such a cool guy.

He supposedly made the trip, but haven't heard if he would be likely to make the game.
He was quoted as saying something like "I hope so"

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
One of my favorite Ference photos from the Cup parade.

Tomorrow, we clap for you Andy!

I'm likely going to cry.

254860_622785845569_4035389_n.jpg

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Thank you, SOM, this GDT helps me forget about last eve's debacle.
:shakehead

I will also be going to this game. I am not ashamed to admit that when it came time to divvy up the games with my two fellow STH'ers, this was the first game I grabbed. :thumbu:

Love Andy and will be standing with the rest of the Garden faithful thanking him for his years as a member of the Bruins. :clap::stanley:

acr*

Ference was a good Bruin for several years, his contributions are appreciated, but man, people around here act like he's Christ incarnate.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Seidenmoose needs to share his paper bag supplier with the whole team-they should be embarrassed from their efforts on Thursday.

Hopefully the Bruins have a solid rebound game.

I admit I miss Andy-I understand why he wasn't re-signed and think it was the right decision but I still miss him and his leadership during the Cup run (well both really but the last time the team fell short).

Love it when Andy wears his glasses.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Ference was a good Bruin for several years, his contributions are appreciated, but man, people around here act like he's Christ incarnate.

Don't think he is Christ incarnate and the decision to not re-sign was the right one for the team but that doesn't mean I can't miss him or remember what he did in the cup run-especially the finger that left Habs fans everywhere outraged as if he was the anti Christ.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

How do you figure that?

All I see are a bunch of fans showing their appreciation for him because of how involved he was in the community and how he always showed how much he loved being a Bruin. Surely any Bruins fan would like that.

I'd understand your post a bit more if everyone here was clamoring to get him back in a Bruins' sweater but as far as I know, no one is for that. We realize it was time for him to move on and he was classy as hell when he left because he knew it was time too.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Oh look, it's That Guy! And it only took one page! :handclap:

Great GT, SoM. My only little quibble is that Ference may have grown up in Edmonton, but Boston is his home. He'll be back, though I see him working for an NGO when he retires from hockey and doing a lot of globetrotting. :)

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Amazing GDT once again SOM!!

Andy was a great Bruin. He always represented the Bruins with pride both on and off the ice. I hope the fans at the Garden give him the warm welcome that he deserves.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
One thing I really loved about Andrew was that ridiculous beard he had in the playoffs that made him look like a French general. :laugh:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
So. SoM? Wonderful job. My heart is on my sleeve when it comes to AF.

This is the home game I picked to go to this year. Had to be this one. Lucked out on the weather.

Andrew has been cleared to play tomorrow. He brought the whole family back to Boston. His girls went to their old school today.

This is about more than hockey.

Can't wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad