Who to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Unfortunately I see another loss, with another two following to MTL. Their team defense is really strong and they come at you in waves.

Canucks are a one line team, with Horvat behind it. This start isn't too shocking to me, especially considering we are terrible against Canadian teams.

agree. montreal is fast deep and cary price is too good. montreal will have an absolute field day with the way vancouver is playing right now. team could be 1-6 after the weekend is over and done with.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Will hope for a win, but am fairly confident that it will be a loss, considering that Montreal looks to be in mid season form, and the Canucks look exactly like what they are: A team that didn't get much in the way of training camp, and had no exhibition games to get into proper game shape. Why only Edmonton seems to be suffering from the same dose of rust-reality in our division is beyond me, but it is what it is!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Habs fan coming in peace, I always loved the Canucks, the 94 team came so close, I wish you guys would go back to the flying skate logo and team colors. Looks like your big guns have struggle so far. Our board is a bit too confident. Habs and Canucks are usualy good games. Our D is very physical and have shut down 97 and 29 the last 2 games. I'm scared that Pettersson will explode tonight. Habs are definetly a better team then last year. Holtby always plays great vs us. I expect a tight game 3 to 2 type game. I'm sure by the end of the w.e. we will have a bit more hate between both fan base.

Good luck tonight. May the best team win.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
6 in a half hours to vote guys, most preddying a loss here!

Our bottom 6 gonna win this one for us!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I've been watching lots of Canucks games and I love this Gaudette kid. But, it looks like coaching staff will keep him 3C and play him 10 mins or less per game yet again. What gives? He has so much upside, do you guys see any possible way he can get good minutes? I'm guessing only chance is if he plays wing which... isn't likely. Looks to me like Gaudette is kind of trapped, lol. What is the consensus on Gaudette here?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I've been watching lots of Canucks games and I love this Gaudette kid. But, it looks like coaching staff will keep him 3C and play him 10 mins or less per game yet again. What gives? He has so much upside, do you guys see any possible way he can get good minutes? I'm guessing only chance is if he plays wing which... isn't likely. Looks to me like Gaudette is kind of trapped, lol. What is the consensus on Gaudette here?
I like his try, and hounding the puck. He’s very light framed though (170 I think, which is the lightest on the team). He doesn’t have top skill, so ends up in the bottom six. I really don’t know where a guy with his skills (which are limited) and size (which is lacking) plays an effective role on a winning team. I read where the Canucks want Gaud to continue what he does, but add more meanness to his compete. He’s got only a one year deal, so I see him not back here if he doesn’t bring some aggression to his compete.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
I mean right now he’s probably our biggest liability in the defensive zone

Reactions: JohnLennon

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I guess it shows my limited viewing of Gaudette that I really love his game and a few Canucks fans in here are saying more or loss "meh". When I watched him in college I always thought he would become a top 6 NHL player, was always really high on him. Too bad to hear he's not having as good a career with the Canucks as I thought.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I guess it shows my limited viewing of Gaudette that I really love his game and a few Canucks fans in here are saying more or loss "meh". When I watched him in college I always thought he would become a top 6 NHL player, was always really high on him. Too bad to hear he's not having as good a career with the Canucks as I thought.
Gaud said he has some kind of stomach illness that keeps it impossible for him to gain weight, or even keep weight on. If he filled out his tallish frame with muscle, and got over 190, then he would be an effective National League player. It’s just he’s so light, has limited skills, and isn’t mean. He’s just way too easy to play against.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I'm actually quite high on him. But I'd like to see him get better defensively.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'm actually quite high on him. But I'd like to see him get better defensively.
You think Gaud is going to be able to gain weight, so he can compete better on and off pucks? If we could take Gaud’s mind and stick that into Jake’s body we could have one good player. Right now we have two guys who really aren’t difference makers (really they hurt the team) in the National League.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
You think Gaud is going to be able to gain weight, so he can compete better on and off pucks? If we could take Gaud’s mind and stick that into Jake’s body we could have one good player. Right now we have two guys who really aren’t difference makers (really they hurt the team) in the National League.

I don't really care about weight that much. Just get better defensively. This team is missing prospects that are proficient on that side of the puck and it shows.

Reactions: Index

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Habs fan coming in peace, I always loved the Canucks, the 94 team came so close, I wish you guys would go back to the flying skate logo and team colors. Looks like your big guns have struggle so far. Our board is a bit too confident. Habs and Canucks are usualy good games. Our D is very physical and have shut down 97 and 29 the last 2 games. I'm scared that Pettersson will explode tonight. Habs are definetly a better team then last year. Holtby always plays great vs us. I expect a tight game 3 to 2 type game. I'm sure by the end of the w.e. we will have a bit more hate between both fan base.

Good luck tonight. May the best team win.
I don't know if I could ever really hate Habs fans - you guys were pretty much the only other fanbase actually rooting for us in 2011.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Tyler Foli :(

I definitely see us losing this one. Imagine how hectic it'd be going 1-4

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

He has some offensive upside that I don't think our coach has fully tapped into yet, but that might also be because he's not being utilized properly. His defensive play isn't great yet his profile fits more like a winger due to his shoot-first mentality and ability to get in on the forecheck.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don't really care about weight that much. Just get better defensively. This team is missing prospects that are proficient on that side of the puck and it shows.
I think the average player is about 200 pounds, and that would be guys who are fit, lean, and strong as hell. Gaud is fit lean and trim, but he’s only 170. If he was elite skilled, that’s fine, but he’s average skill wise. He needs to be harder to play against on and off pucks, which is why the team asked him to play meaner. Light guys, who have average skill, and are too easy to play against are not really effective National League players. Gaud is light, and easy to play against. His skill isn’t going to magically get great. He clearly has an illness that keeps him from building muscle weight. So that leaves getting meaner on and off pucks. If Gaud doesn’t develop that meanness, I really don’t think we resign him. I’d trade him for that Raslovic kid from the Jets if we could. Don’t see the Jets doing that though.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I don't know if I could ever really hate Habs fans - you guys were pretty much the only other fanbase actually rooting for us in 2011.
I'm a Habs fan and have always liked the Canucks. Rooted for them HARD in 2011, loved that team. Maybe things will change after how much we play each other this season too!!! lol

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think the average player is about 200 pounds, and that would be guys who are fit, lean, and strong as hell. Gaud is fit lean and trim, but he’s only 170. If he was elite skilled, that’s fine, but he’s average skill wise. He needs to be harder to play against on and off pucks, which is why the team asked him to play meaner. Light guys, who have average skill, and are too easy to play against are not really effective National League players. Gaud is light, and easy to play against. His skill isn’t going to magically get great. He clearly has an illness that keeps him from building muscle weight. So that leaves getting meaner on and off pucks. If Gaud doesn’t develop that meanness, I really don’t think we resign him. I’d trade him for that Raslovic kid from the Jets if we could. Don’t see the Jets doing that though.

It's far from my first concern, and I'm not saying this is what you're saying but weight is a mythical thing. Players don't magically get better putting on 10-20 lbs in one offseason. In fact, I'd argue the opposite. You see a guy like Stamkos, who took awhile to get from 178 to 193 now, he's lean as hell and that took years. Players get slow because all they hear is "you should put on more weight", and it's very rarely effective.

The gym is a good place to improve at hockey, the better place is at the rink and in the video room. The best place to put on weight is down low. Makes you harder to knock down. You see guys like MSL, Crosby, Giroux, Perry (to a lesser extent) aren't built like mountains, but they have absolute dump truck asses.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

To be honest it was an easy root for the Canucks in 2011, your where facing the Bruins so now way we would root for them and you had some players from QC like AV, Luongo, Burrows and Lapierre who was a fan favorite 1 year before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad