Who to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
We've been saying this for years, its time to accept reality where no matter how much we lose on the ice, Benning will always be here :(
This is a perfect "excuse year." Changing alignments, condensed schedule, Covid, (inevitable) injuries, losing Marky/Tanev, bringing 3 new Dmen in, etc. They are going to brag about Hog and the development of EP and Hughes and chuck it up as a good year anyways.
I bet Benning comes back next season no matter what.

I remember the press conference when Frankie fired Nonis, he said something like "I'm sick of the excuses!"

He must be getting close to that point now since none of those are valid excuses and we're in a similar situation

Reactions: Luckylarry

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I remember the press conference when Frankie fired Nonis, he said something like "I'm sick of the excuses!"

He must be getting close to that point now since none of those are valid excuses and we're in a similar situation
None of Benning's past excuses were valid excuses either, yet here we are. How many season ending pressers have you heard Benning said "we didn't have the depth to overcome the injuries and that's on me." Only to be followed by the same quote the following off season?
I think FAQ's tolerance of excuses had increased exponentially over the years.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
None of Benning's past excuses were valid excuses either, yet here we are. How many season ending pressers have you heard Benning said "we didn't have the depth to overcome the injuries and that's on me." Only to be followed by the same quote the following off season?
I think FAQ's tolerance of excuses had increased exponentially over the years.

Expectations might be higher for Frankie now. He should be expecting playoffs every year going forward

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Unfortunately I see another loss, with another two following to MTL. Their team defense is really strong and they come at you in waves.

Canucks are a one line team, with Horvat behind it. This start isn't too shocking to me, especially considering we are terrible against Canadian teams.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Unfortunately I see another loss, with another two following to MTL. Their team defense is really strong and they come at you in waves.

Canucks are a one line team, with Horvat behind it. This start isn't too shocking to me, especially considering we are terrible against Canadian teams.
Yea I see another loss too. Our offense is not firing at all so far this season, with the 2 goals against Marky both deflected off the defending players. Price is playing great right now, it won't get any easier against him. If our PP doesn't get going, we don't have a chance as our D coverage continues to be horrible.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
As a team that's still trying to find its game ,the Canucks couldn't have picked a worse opponent...The Habs have come out of the starting gate with a vengeance, and Price looks like he's in the groove.

I'm looking for a solid 60 minute effort, and team discipline from the Canucks .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Claude Julien has the Habs playing the kind of defensive hockey you must have, in order to be successful in the NHL.

The Canucks, on the other hand, play defense like a broken down, Game Boy console. It'll be 4-1 Habs after the first period.

Fixed it for you.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Man thats terrible about McDonaugh hope hes ok Ive got HIGH hopes for him i think hes gonna be a huge ReDraft Riser and be a hidden beaut for us

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Take the Habs puck line and the under. I doubt we score more than 1 against Price. He always owns us and the Habs look decent this year. My low bar hope is that Weber doesn’t break one of our guys with a slapshot.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Must win game?

With all games being in-division we’re not far from it. The only team we matchup well against is the Oilers. I’ve watched every Sens game so far and I’d take them over us in a series. Way better depth and their physicality will crush us. Their goaltending isn’t great but I’m not sold on ours either in this sad post-Markstrom world we live in.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Feels like a game we should lose. So I think we’re gonna win.

Wait is this gonna be one of those "you failed at failing" thing?
0031237aa0847b22b4bb4c17ab1048bd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad