Post-Game Talk: GM 48 | Canucks def. Oilers - 6-3 (Hoglander, Rathbone, Hamonic, Hawyrluk, Graovac, Boeser)

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Canucks have a win! All is well with the team, they are almost there, contenders right?

I notice right away some of the media guys start looking that these players are close to being full time NHL players or Canucks next year anyway.

At least one radio guy admitted he is more concerned about "a single" game rather than watching how the team does the standings

Next game will be much different

Reactions: Fatass

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks have a win! All is well with the team, they are almost there, contenders right?

I notice right away some of the media guys start looking that these players are close to being full time NHL players or Canucks next year anyway.

At least one radio guy admitted he is more concerned about "a single" game rather than watching how the team does the standings

Who said this..?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Opponent’s goalie is horrid; ours is great. Those are the games we might win. Media guys are mostly just spewing craperolla, because their jobs will go POOF if they don’t. I remember that comment too; he even mentioned it was directed at those on team tank.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Opponent’s goalie is horrid; ours is great. Those are the games we might win. Media guys are mostly just spewing craperolla, because their jobs will go POOF if they don’t. I remember that comment too; he even mentioned it was directed at those on team tank.
Ya, they spend an awful lot of time blowing up their own tires. One thing is they are not comedians.
I will admit though it would be hard right now to shred the team much more than they are doing to themselves. BUT getting forgot again is THIS IS BENNING VISION he wants a 12 rebuild, players on this team will be like having the Sedins, older and slower but fan favourites and we all know that the fans are secondary to Benning.
Even if they replace 5 players this season, they are likely to be roster fillers, much like Vey, Etem, Pouliot or others. Benning might even pay them alot thinking fans will figure if they are paid alot they must be good or he deserves kudos for out bidding a coveted FA.

Fire Benning and don't forget the last 7 years of the most losses in Canucks history

Reactions: Fatass

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The only time I'd even consider tuning in the Sportsnet 650 post-game show is after a loss.

Listening after a 'win, is almost enough to make you want to head for the air-sickness bag. Never heard such a collection of sycophants, cheerleaders and spin-doctors masquerading as objective media guys.

But I guess when you think about it, their jobs depend on covering the Canucks so they need guaranteed access. The coverage you get is going to reflect that fact.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Any number of team employees, media marketers hired by the team, team sponsored influencer and some really dumb fans. Just go look at CDC. They should have all the non cheerleaders gone by now. They censor that site.
I doubt it..they actually won a game, after losing 6 in a row..and apparently somebody is saying that this current squad is a contender.?.(after their goalie let in 4 , on 4 shots)......You're penchant for gross exaggeration knows no bounds.

Reactions: theguardianII

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I’d lean towards qualifying Jayce Hawyrluk this offseason.

flat cap, he’ll be pumped to get a Contract with how competitive the marketplace will be for players looking to stay in the league taking league minimums.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

flat cap, he’ll be pumped to get a Contract with how competitive the marketplace will be for players looking to stay in the league taking league minimums.

Maybe him on the cheap, but the rest of the fodder can go, and that includes the poor return for Gaudette.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I’d qualify him. He’s exactly the type of bottom six forward we should have been targeting all along - cheap, fast, and on a 1 year deal so if he doesn’t work out, you can replace him in the off season.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I doubt it..they actually won a game, after losing 6 in a row..and apparently somebody is saying that this current squad is a contender.?.(after their goalie let in 4 , on 4 shots)......You're penchant for gross exaggeration knows no bounds.
Are you genuinely implying that people are not posting daily that the canucks are close?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wow, really? How does a slight brush to the shoulder become a knee to the head….
Sometimes I dislike the interweb.
I think Mac might get a game or two for that though. When a player is down, kneeing them ain’t going to go over well.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think Mac might get a game or two for that though. When a player is down, kneeing them ain’t going to go over well.

If he actually kneed him, sure.

But a fly by bump like that? Come on. This smacks of DOPS realizing they screwed up hard on Wilson and are trying to look like they're doing something...by as usual, looking at the wrong things to exact discipline on.

Reactions: iceburg

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I’d qualify him. He’s exactly the type of bottom six forward we should have been targeting all along - cheap, fast, and on a 1 year deal so if he doesn’t work out, you can replace him in the off season.
It will be interesting to see how much 'injury filler' they retain on the bottom 6 after this season?

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Juolevi apparently needs to play 7 games and be top 3 in +/- to hit his bonus. Makes more sense into why he's sitting games. Canucks can't afford his bonus in the current cap structure

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

But a fly by bump like that? Come on. This smacks of DOPS realizing they screwed up hard on Wilson and are trying to look like they're doing something...by as usual, looking at the wrong things to exact discipline on.

Looked to me like Big Mac went out of his way to direct his knee into a player he believed just took a dive, no?

Reactions: Zippgunn

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Oh nvm, you’re right. Did we sign him for 5 or 6 years ?

5 years times 6 million, $30 million total, AAV 6m, I believe. Looked it up the other day. But it isn't a big deal. 3 is awful too.... I like him as a third pair guy and can live with him having to step up into bigger role due to emergency or injury, but at 6 million- OUCH. I don't want to disparage the player like so many on here. Seems like a good guy and is an NHL defacement for sure, but overpaid and in a role on a team that needs a different kind of a 6 million top 4 guy to play with Hughes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad