Post-Game Talk: GM 48 | Canucks def. Oilers - 6-3 (Hoglander, Rathbone, Hamonic, Hawyrluk, Graovac, Boeser)

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Busy, busy day around the homestead. Only caught a bit of the first and last half of the third.

--3rd win since the covid break...just happens to be the 3rd time an opposing goalie makes a royal faceplant.

--Great move by Hoglander on his goal. Without a doubt, he's the one bright, shining light this Canucks season. Love this kid to bits.

--Also liked Rathbone in the short time I watched. He's got star potential written all over him.

Reactions: lindgren

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Sneezing and coughing are the worst with cracked ribs. Anxiety leading up and then instant pain
Once upon a time, during days when I was much younger, dumber and less law abiding, I heard of that used as punishment for disobedience; one rib broken on either side of the rib cage with a ball peen hammer. You're completely f***ed. Everything hurts. Breathing hurts. Standing up hurts. Sitting down hurts. Walking hurts. You can't jog, you can't work out, you can't even have a decent night's sleep. Shift just a bit and it's like a knife in your ribs and you're wide awake. If you smoke, yeah. Every cough is like a stab wound. Soon, you're not sleeping, so you're popping pills just to get a few z's. So you're foggy. You're constantly tired, hurting and pissed off. You're losing sleep, you're losing weight because you can't work out so you're always half-asleep/half-awake, your mood is shit, you can't get laid so your girl's getting pissed and maybe she starts looking around...physically, mentally, you feel like you're eighty.

Then you get a phone call at about the three week mark. "Hey buddy. How you feeling? You're about halfway through your punishment. Next time, do what the f*** you're told."

Or so I heard.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Rathbone looks a little bit of alright. Probably for the best he hasn't played this year. He won't be coached into a plug in time for next season.

Mcdavid throwin elbows all series.. take notes, you gotta play with violence. Don't have to be the most physical or big, historically the teams that make the finals are the ones that have slashed the most wrists, fingers and ankles. If you do it enough, and it comes from your top players, the penalties won't be called.

Petey could learn a lot watchin Drai. That quick release from the office. Doesn't have to be a big wind up, just get the shot off, on net, not the post and wide, ON NET.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
ndbikwO.png

How in the **** does Vesey and Highmore have more ice time than Hoglander?

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
This is pretty clearly Vesey's last stop in his short career. A last chance, and he's really showing a whole lot of NOTHING.
He won't even pass to his teammates when they are open because he wants his stats to look good for negotiation purposes. That's why hungry kids like Lind and Rathbone who've been working their tail off in the minors are getting their shot. They've got a chance at sticking around for a few years.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
This is pretty clearly Vesey's last stop in his short career. A last chance, and he's really showing a whole lot of NOTHING.

Oh well. He's made $7m. Let's say $3m after taxes and fees. He's well setup for whatever he wants to do next.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
You have got to think MacEwen probably earned himself a spot on the team next season with that performance. The Canucks are soft and need someone that can answer the bell. He's not a nuclear deterrent but he can go up against tough customers and hold his own.

What an embarrassing game for Nurse. Really showed some garbage character with that fight. Shades of Lucic having a tantrum.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
You have got to think MacEwen probably earned himself a spot on the team next season with that performance. The Canucks are soft and need someone that can answer the bell. He's not a nuclear deterrent but he can go up against tough customers and hold his own.

What an embarrassing game for Nurse. Really showed some garbage character with that fight. Shades of Lucic having a tantrum.

I've been banging the MacEwen drum for the whole year. Definitely a high risk of being claimed by Seattle if left exposed in the expansion draft, IMO. A lot of teams likely look at Vegas and Ryan Reaves as a model to follow. I think MacEwen can be that for us.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I've been banging the MacEwen drum for the whole year. Definitely a high risk of being claimed by Seattle if left exposed in the expansion draft, IMO. A lot of teams likely look at Vegas and Ryan Reaves as a model to follow. I think MacEwen can be that for us.
Simple. Protect mac and leave pearson open.

Reactions: Jimnastic

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018

You have to think it's demoralizing for a team like the Rangers to get throttled by Wilson. And the league won't do anything about it so teams do need to be able to police themselves.

Mac doesn't have the motor of a guy like Reaves so he's not quite the same sort of energy player, but he seems like pretty good guy that will step up for his teammates. Definitely worth having someone like that in the room if he's making 4th line money.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I believe this is the play in question for kneeing
--
It's the end of the clip
I'm sorry but this is nothing.

His skate is the ice and it hits his glove which causes his knee to lightly move forward and kind of trys to shake his knee and they think that is kneeing.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Busy, busy day around the homestead. Only caught a bit of the first and last half of the third.

--3rd win since the covid break...just happens to be the 3rd time an opposing goalie makes a royal faceplant.

--Great move by Hoglander on his goal. Without a doubt, he's the one bright, shining light this Canucks season. Love this kid to bits.

--Also liked Rathbone in the short time I watched. He's got star potential written all over him.
It was Win #4 since Covid. With 19 games left after Covid, I had expect them to gain around 13/14 points. Up to 8 now. 7 games left. Figure they split those 4 meaningless games vs Calgary to get to 12 points and gain a point in one of the 3 games vs the Oilers/Jets. Doesn't matter how well or poorly the Jets are playing, they have the Canucks number.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Are you serious!?!?! If MacEwen gets any kind of punishment for this it's absolutely ridiculous. Even if it was an intentional act, the knee barely touched Nurse. This league is embarrassing.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Riiiiiiight.

But Nurse’s dangerous leg takedown in a fight is totally fine.

f*** off, Parros, and f*** off, NHL.

How does a guy who had a history of being a useless talentless goon end up as the head of department of player safety? You would think such an advisory committee would be comprised of individuals that have expertise and knowledge of injuries and can identify risks associated with dangerous plays.

There is prejudice behind decision-making due to the guys experience as a goon. There's no way these roles should be comprised of such former players.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
League is a pathetic joke.

Some day it won't be, when stoogey leadership displayed by Bettman, Daly, Parros et al is thankfully gone.

Disgusting. Just disgusting

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Posted this on the main board....

This explanation is actually going to be quite comical...I'm looking forward to it.

"Thursday night in Edmonton, Vancouver's Zack MacEwen approaches Edmonton's Darnel Nurse. MacEwen intentionally touches Nurse with his knee before proceeding to the bench. This constitutes touching, an illegal act. Zack MacEwen receives a $5000 fine"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad