Post-Game Talk: GM 48 | Canucks def. Oilers - 6-3 (Hoglander, Rathbone, Hamonic, Hawyrluk, Graovac, Boeser)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: May 6, 2021, 6:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

https%3A%2F%2Fthecanuckway.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F16013201-850x560.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Pearson - Horvat - Lind
Hoglander - Miller - Boeser
Hawyrluk - Graovac - Vesey
Highmore - Boyd - MacEwen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Myers - Rathbone

Demko

MODERATOR NOTICE:

With allegations swirling on social media about certain players, please remember our Site Rules - posting defamatory information without a link to a credible media source is not permitted.

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

MOD WARNING:
A reminder to everyone that blanketed attacks at groups of people are Flaming, and are not permitted as per the Site Rules. So posts such as "all Benning supporters are idiots", "all Benning haters are children", "this board is petulant", etc. will be treated as Flaming. Please adhere to the Site Rules. If anyone wishes to read them, they can be found here: Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Green is getting a bit of sympathy having to coach this assembled group Benning assembled.

Where are all the draft picks? The 3rd and 4th line types?

So are Hoglander, Lind and Pearson now top six next year?

Why do Canuck draft picks take 2 or 3 years before they play? Or see if they can play in the NHL?

Hopefully only another 9 games until this franchise hires a hockey guy rather than a scouting guru, the guru gets guys sometimes who meditate during a game. ;)

I wonder if they will put an asterisk beside McDavid getting 100 points because he played Vancouver so much?

Well Vancouver will not lose them all, even a broken clock is right twice a day so maybe the Nucks get a hit. Although I don't think Edmonton can ice a weaker team than they did last game without benching McD and Drais

I'll be the uber optimistic fanatical fan that lives on Fantasy Island
Canucks 9 Oilers -2

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Green is getting a bit of sympathy having to coach this assembled group Benning assembled.

Where are all the draft picks? The 3rd and 4th line types?

So are Hoglander, Lind and Pearson now top six next year?

Why do Canuck draft picks take 2 or 3 years before they play? Or see if they can play in the NHL?

Hopefully only another 9 games until this franchise hires a hockey guy rather than a scouting guru, the guru gets guys sometimes who meditate during a game. ;)

I wonder if they will put an asterisk beside McDavid getting 100 points because he played Vancouver so much?

Well Vancouver will not lose them all, even a broken clock is right twice a day so maybe the Nucks get a hit. Although I don't think Edmonton can ice a weaker team than they did last game without benching McD and Drais

I'll be the uber optimistic fanatical fan that lives on Fantasy Island
Canucks 9 Oilers -2
Leafsnet would never give him an asterisk. It would mean their precious Mathews would get one as well.

Although McDavid shouldnt because he is just doing what the best player in the league should be doing to a weak division.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Gotta get Chatty back in there

Vesey Horvat MacEwan
Pearson Miller Highmore
Hoglander Boyd Brock Boeser
Hawrluk Graovac Biega

Edler Schmidt
Juolevi Chatts
Hammy Myers

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
Too busy with work these days to comment much on our never-ending tragedy of a team here, but I will say that Lind looks even slower then he did in Utica.

Like he is a really, really terrible skater. Even if he gains a step or two I can't see him ever being effective in the NHL unless something drastically improves there. Nice hands though.

And a hearty drive-by lol at the state of this franchise. Holy shit.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Given the Canucks position, dressing both Rathbone and Juolevi should be an automatic. If they want to rest anyone, it should be Edler, who looks totally beaten down right now. But I guess the organization wants to see him get his 100th goal....could be tonight.

If the Canucks don't manage the puck better than they have in a lot of games this season, McDavid and Draisaitl will fill the net tonight. I really hope the Canucks don't leave their goalies flapping in the breeze. As a tandem they've face more quality scoring chances than any netminders in the league.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Too busy with work these days to comment much on our never-ending tragedy of a team here, but I will say that Lind looks even slower then he did in Utica.

Like he is a really, really terrible skater. Even if he gains a step or two I can't see him ever being effective in the NHL unless something drastically improves there. Nice hands though.

And a hearty drive-by lol at the state of this franchise. Holy shit.

Not a good sign when you're already 22 and your skating hasn't improved much since being drafted 4 years ago...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not a good sign when you're already 22 and your skating hasn't improved much since being drafted 4 years ago...
It's the 'curse of the Dub' when it comes to Canucks scouting. I guess there's still some hope for Woo and Focht. But just a continuation of the Canucks decision to draft Virtanen, instead of Ehlers or Nylander.

I have no idea who in the Canucks front office is responsible for scouting the WHL....but how can you consistently whiff on every pick?

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
7-1 Oilers. McDavid hits 100 points. Lind scores his first NHL goal late in the 1st period then doesn't get another shift. Sits for Eriksson next game. Hughes somehow a -8 on the night.

Reactions: sting101

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Another meaningless game...Under the circumstances, the Canucks have come out with some effort and structure lately....Only to fall later in the game due to fatigue (which causes mental mistakes), and the injury bug.
It gives us an opportunity to check out some new players...It will be Juolevi or Rathbone in the lineup tonight..Both players have different attributes..OJ with his great passing,..and JR with his great skating (also noticed that he willingly likes to go to the dirty areas, and be involved).
I'm assuming its Holtby's turn tonight,

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I haven't really noticed Lind at all out there....Gadjovich isnt a good skater either, hopefully its better than the last time i saw him play.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I haven't really noticed Lind at all out there....Gadjovich isnt a good skater either, hopefully its better than the last time i saw him play.

Agreed. Glad he's scoring goals in bunches, albeit in a bit of a watered down AHL, but the speed of the NHL is another huge step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad