Pre-Game Talk: GM 46: Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 22 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Chicago blows us out, which finally wakes us up, and we go on a tear in the playoffs. ;)

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Well we've played 2 games already and they both ended the same way. Shootout win for you guys then a shootout win for us. There was no dog pile on Keith, So who knows what will happen in this game. Hawks and Nucks might play lights out up tempo game considering that they both might meet come the second round again. A good test for both teams. We have the mighty Oil and Flames after that so Im guessing the Hawks go all in on this one and go to sleep after that.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
All I want is entertaining hockey. Blow out, close game, whatever. Just make it worth the price of admission. Lately we have played some mind-numbingly dull games. Sort of hoping both teams just score in buckets, if we can't outright blow Chicago away.

Lundface*

All I want is entertaining hockey. Blow out, close game, whatever. Just make it worth the price of admission. Lately we have played some mind-numbingly dull games. Sort of hoping both teams just score in buckets, if we can't outright blow Chicago away.

AV is scared to play toe to toe with any team with scorers. It's gonna be the same junk we've been seeing against good teams recently.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Well we've played 2 games already and they both ended the same way. Shootout win for you guys then a shootout win for us. There was no dog pile on Keith, So who knows what will happen in this game. Hawks and Nucks might play lights out up tempo game considering that they both might meet come the second round again. A good test for both teams. We have the mighty Oil and Flames after that so Im guessing the Hawks go all in on this one and go to sleep after that.

My best guess is that it is a disappointing game just like the all of them have been this season. You guys have top spot locked up, and we essentially have the #3 seed, so there really is nothing to play for when compared to teams like Columbus, Detroit, Dallas etc. Doubt Keith will get any more than a couple slashes or something. I'm hoping it is a spirited game, but I just don't see it.

Dado

It just sunk in that Vancouver and Toronto clinched playoff spots at the same time. Whodda thunk that at the start of the season?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It just sunk in that Vancouver and Toronto clinched playoff spots at the same time. Whodda thunk that at the start of the season?

Somehow the pre-season hype on Edmonton eroded half way during the season, they peaked at that five game winning streak.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Hopefully we actually line match Kesler against Toews and not the Roy/Ebbett line like we did against Detroit.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
Don't care who wins, but I'd like to see Frankie pull a Gino welcome to the NHL on the Blackhawks. You know, pounds out Bolland, calls out the Chicago bench, and chases Kane all over the ice. Yah, that'd be good. Add a win, and it'd be great. I'm not asking too much am I?

Nov 1, 2011
Regardless if Chicago is one of the best team ever or not, they're still miles better then Vancouver in every single way except goaltending.

In today's NHL no one is miles better than any but the worst teams. The Hawks are 2nd favourites but I don't think they even have a 20% chance of winning the Cup.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
In today's NHL no one is miles better than any but the worst teams. The Hawks are 2nd favourites but I don't think they even have a 20% chance of winning the Cup.

agree hawks is overrated and not better than Vancouver.......Sharp and Hossa health is a question mark

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
My best guess is that it is a disappointing game just like the all of them have been this season. You guys have top spot locked up, and we essentially have the #3 seed, so there really is nothing to play for when compared to teams like Columbus, Detroit, Dallas etc. Doubt Keith will get any more than a couple slashes or something. I'm hoping it is a spirited game, but I just don't see it.

I am thinking the same as you. Too be honest, I am hoping the two teams mail it in. The last thing we need is a major injury right before the playoffs to a key player all from a mean nothing game that got a little to heated. That is essentially what happened to D.Sedin last year and we were screwed.

Al Swearengen

Smug Nation National
Mar 29, 2010
unfortunately can't watch the first and part of the second because of exam at that time.........

you_shall_not_pass.jpg

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Chicago blows us out, which finally wakes us up, and we go on a tear in the playoffs. ;)

That actually wouldn't be surprising. I want this game to go either that way or a win where the Canucks show up. Either they win by playing well or they lose big and maybe come back fired up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad