Pre-Game Talk: GM 42: Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators - Apr 15 - 5:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Can someone help me out here what channel is the game on? My shaw box doesn't seem to be bringing it up?

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
I was convinced this game was tonight. Who planted this quote in my mind last night? "And the Canucks will play the back end of their final back-to-back of the season tomorrow in Nashville"

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
I was convinced this game was tonight. Who planted this quote in my mind last night? "And the Canucks will play the back end of their final back-to-back of the season tomorrow in Nashville"

Probably John Garrett.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Ugh, Andrew Ebbett is centering our 3rd line now? :facepalm:

Now if we could call up Schroeder we would finally have it right.

Agree with this, i was finally excited to see av try kesler on the wing, then i see ebbett is now our 3c, really think he should have used schroeder who has had chemistry with raymond and kassian.

Forward lines confuses av at times.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Another non-playoff team. We should smoke 'em.

Yea i am expecting a win, nashville has been bad lately, worse then the avs and flames down the stretch here.

We should have no excuse not to take this by a decent margin. Nashvilles also playing tonight.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Agree with this, i was finally excited to see av try kesler on the wing, then i see ebbett is now our 3c, really think he should have used schroeder who has had chemistry with raymond and kassian.

Offense confuses av at times.

wonder if schroeder will be up at the end of the season. he's not the biggest guy so keep him in the minors where he can be a little safer. safer because players are quite as big, or as fast. he's not the right player for a 4th line but he's a better option then a few others filling spots on the nucks right now.
imo for schroeder to succeed in the NHL he needs to be a top 6 forward. 3rd line is where he can slot in now @ center

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Our playoff roster if Roy and Kes stay together.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows = Sedins and Burr :D
Kassian-Roy-Kesler = Sick 2nd line
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen = That speedy Schroeder line
Pinnizzotto-Lapierre-Weise = Energy line (Sestito slows it down)

I like it.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Ouch nashville is also beat up, bourque, hornqvist, gaustad, mike fisher, colin wilson, all injured, no wonder they are struggling.

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012
don't know if starting goalie has been announced...but i think schneider will get the start tomorrow, and luuu will take the second game of the back to back.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Hmm... Nashville has lost 6 in a row, being shutout 3 times during that streak.

Canucks lose 6-1.

:sarcasm:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
So.... panic if we lose, criticize any winning performance?

Business as usual.

Heading into playoffs in two weeks, after blowing the game vs the avs? Yes criticize if we loose for sure, and they will deserve it.

I gave them a pass for games against avs and flames, I think they had trouble getting up for those games which is really not a good excuse either happening back to back, but hearing how upset the team was for blowing the game vs the avs i am expecting a good performance.

Were two weeks from playoff's I want to see a good team beat a lesser team convincingly to maintain a very important lead in our division (don't want to drop it to minny and get stuck playing the ducks first round). I dont think thats absurd to ask.

Some fans need to understand the difference between panicing after every loss, and not simply being a cheer leader, some of us want this club to be a top contender, not just cheer whatever they put on ice no matter how bad the effort. If this was mid way through an 82 game season I would also be giving them passes if we were on top of our division again, but not right now heading into playoff stretch battling for an important lead in our division.

Last edited:

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
I'm still worried that Minnesota will catch the Canucks. Their schedule is soft and after tomorrow the Canucks have it tough and could go into a dive if they are experimenting too much. Clinch the NW and then experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad