GDT: GM#42 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @7:30pm 1/3/19 Halfway to Hughes!

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I don't know what is up with Kopitar this season. I've never seen him this bad, even in '16-'17 when his scoring plummeted he was still good defensively. The way he turns pucks over, gives up on board battles and lazily moves the puck is just not reminiscent of Kopitar. Feels like he just gave up.
Seriously. So f***ing terrible this year.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Meh I've seen this story from the lightning the past few years lead the league in everything, Kucherov leading the league in scoring then the second half comes and playoffs starts and we crown a Stanley cup champ not named Lightning. But on a positive note we're still right on track.

Getting to the Stanley Cup Final and two Conference Finals in the past four seasons doesn’t seem like the worst thing to have, and they only have 7 regulation losses this season. Should they win the Cup every year in order to be considered impressive?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Getting to the Stanley Cup Final and two Conference Finals in the past four seasons doesn’t seem like the worst thing to have, and they only have 7 regulation losses this season. Should they win the Cup every year in order to be considered impressive?

Good point I agree pretty damn impressive but what if the same thing happens again I'll probably be wrong this year but I'll believe when I see it. And yes to make it clear I think I'd rather be in their shoes.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Good point I agree pretty damn impressive but what if the same thing happens again I'll probably be wrong this year but I'll believe when I see it. And yes to make it clear I think I'd rather be in their shoes.

That’s the thing I don’t get when I’ve seen Kings fans pick apart the success of other teams in the past few years. The Kings haven’t won shit in five years. I’d trade places with any team that has a fighting chance. This team’s only hopeful date will be draft day. That’s the next big date fans have to look forward to.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
That’s the thing I don’t get when I’ve seen Kings fans pick apart the success of other teams in the past few years. The Kings haven’t won **** in five years. I’d trade places with any team that has a fighting chance. This team’s only hopeful date will be draft day. That’s the next big date fans have to look forward to.

*draft lottery

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Quick swimming on 3 of 4 goals. Except break. He needs to calm down in the net and stop sliding around so much. We r talking empty nets. He needs to be there. Play deeper. Control lateral movement. Right now he’s just trash.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Forbort seems decent enough defensively, but I just don't think you can survive in this league with a guy like him carrying big minutes. His complete lack of foot speed combined with his utter inability to do anything with the puck has caused us plenty of issues in both zones. The days of the stay at home/puck moving top line are gone, forecheckers can just force him to break the puck out knowing he struggles and defenders can shade off of him in the O zone knowing that he can't do much damage. It's unfortunate, but he should really be getting 6/7 minutes.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego

I thought the same thing about Washington last season, expected the same old story. Then they won it all.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Quick swimming on 3 of 4 goals. Except break. He needs to calm down in the net and stop sliding around so much. We r talking empty nets. He needs to be there. Play deeper. Control lateral movement. Right now he’s just trash.
He aggressively challenges the shooter as he always has his whole career. He's not going to stop doing that. Kings should stay out of the box and not give up long 5 on 3 power plays maybe. You want a stay at home goalie that only plays percentages, you're gonna be waiting for a new goalie on this team. Otherwise you're wasting your energy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad