GDT: GM#42 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @7:30pm 1/3/19 Halfway to Hughes!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Looked very similar to the game last year.

I think both teams are on the same page. Nobody on the Kings actually thinks they can compete in this game, and nobody on the Lightning thinks the Kings can compete in this game. It's all very matter of fact. Even if Kopitar scored early, or there were no 5 on 3's, the score might be a little different, but the game would look the same. There's nothing to take away from the game, positive or negative. It's a waste of everyone's time. Tampa just wants to get out without an injury before they play an actual opponent on Saturday. The Kings just want to get home. Both teams are obligated to be on the ice, but neither team wants to be on the ice for this. Tampa isn't even excited to score. They both know who the other team is, and the quicker the next 40 minutes go, the better for everyone.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I should move that direction then, chick next to me is screaming like a ****ing banshee. Gotta stop bringing Mom to games.

Would you happen to be sitting in 304? The cackling and obnoxiously loud wench in that section pretty much made me drop my Dave Taylor Die Hard season tix. I couldn’t stand sitting there, on top of the shitty hockey.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Meh I've seen this story from the lightning the past few years lead the league in everything, Kucherov leading the league in scoring then the second half comes and playoffs starts and we crown a Stanley cup champ not named Lightning. But on a positive note we're still right on track.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I like how Fox describes the 2nd power play as “the one that moves the puck and their feet” as if there’s another strategy where being slow and shitty is successful.

Wags! Good job kid.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I don't know what is up with Kopitar this season. I've never seen him this bad, even in '16-'17 when his scoring plummeted he was still good defensively. The way he turns pucks over, just gives up on board battles and lazily moves the puck is just not reminiscent of Kopitar. Feels like he just gave up, but if he is injured they should rest him up because this is bad.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad