GDT: Gm 41: Nashville Predators @ Boston Bruins | 1/2/14 | 7P ET | NESN | 98.5 FM

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I thought Reilly Smith had his worst game,numerous turnovers and bad decisions.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Also had an open net attempt rejected. I don't get the hate for him, I see him as a solid, lesser Ference. Not a long term option though.

at worst, i think the bruins can trade him straight up for a good rental D in march. maybe andrew macdonald.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I would also like to point out that the NYI just beat Chicago tonight. So while our team was a mess that game, the Islanders are actually playing good right now so it just gives a little perspective.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Take care on the drive home and hopefully the Bruins play well. Make the drive worth it.

Hope Svedberg does well tonight.

Just in. The win made it worth it.

Driving was slippery and slow. I did not see one plow or sander on the North bound side of 93.

I was able to get up my steep driveway so all is good :)

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Andrew MacDonald plays 26 minutes a game for the Islanders (+2 with 2 assists tonight in the win over Chicago), that's not gonna happen.

when the islanders are still out of the playoff race close to the deadline, they will trade andy mac since he's due to be a UFA. yes, it'll likely cost more than just bartkowski but he'd be a great add.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Gets smoked, comes back w/ the snipe.

There's the Marchand we all love.

I loved that. He is getting his swagger back and it is fun to see.

Svedberg looked very good. A few scary rebounds but over all he looked great.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
he did save a goal, which could've been the difference between 0 points and 2

I actually thought Bart had a solid game, made some good defensive plays (noted by Brick) muffed one great scoring chance but directly made up for it by literally saving a puck destined for the net.

Bartkowski should have got the second assist on the Spooner--->Boychuk first goal. They credited it to Soderberg, but Yeti was the one that passed it to Bartkowski first, then Bart to Spooner.

Anyhow i thought Bart did OK and his +2 plus/minus and one point (they'll probably change it) speaks to that. At least decent, not awful by any means.

Nashville's first goal at the end of the 2nd period was definitely a top 5 horrible-change-leading-directly-to-goal of the season to. Ward even openly admitted it. Clause basically left Svedberg and the 3rd line out to dry on that one.

Great win tho, and that's all that matters!! :handclap: Oh and Marchy is getting some mojo back... good sign.

Svedberg was great in his NHL debut, glad they got the win for him. And not just a win, a regulation-overtime win (ROW) ;)

HarvardBruin

May 10, 2013
Boston, MA
Loved seeing Marchand get the GWG.

As for Sveddy, I think he played a good game. However, I think he seemed slow. Perhaps I'm spoiled by Rask, but I'd be interested (and slightly worried) to see Sveddy against a better offensive team that can challenge us a bit more with consistent pressure.

Spooner is a beast. Love the speed and creativity he brings to the ice.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Marchand has 10 goals -- no empty netters, zero powerplay time
Lucic has 12 goals -- 2 empty netters, and tons of powerplay time.

true, but looch is playing well.
he's skating faster this year, he's strong on the puck, and making plays.
i too, wish he would find his scoring touch again.

But he's doing the other things so well right now.

such an underrated passer.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Something I don`t recall seeing often.

Spooner loses his check on Stalberg allowing for the Preds to score

Then Stalberg missed his check on Spoons leading to Boychuk`s goal

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Glad to see Marchand getting his confidence back. I knew it was just a matter of him for him to get through that funk. Sooner or later the puck is going to bounce your way. I fully expect him to be in overdrive mode come playoff time.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No... he's really not.
I
He looked out place again for most of the game. Not bad per say.. but not a dangerous threat or an annoying presence... just another guy taking a shift.

The look on Brad's face is that look of swagger that he had before. At the start of the season he had slumping shoulders, no smile and wasn't bugging anyone on the other team. Now he has that look of mischief that I love to see.:naughty:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Spooner with his 9th assist in 14 games. No doubt Krejci-Bergeron-Spooner is the way to go down the middle. Spot Eriksson for Fraser and I have a hard time distinguishing which line is which.

Brickly and Edwards wouldn't shut up about Hamilton and his rust. I though he played a great game overall. Thought Bartkowski was pretty awful despite hist +2 and 23 minutes. Loved McQuaid's battles with Nystrom and Hendricks.

I'll gladly take that kind of awful from Bruins d-men on a regular basis, please and thanks. :thumbu:

I agree with those who say Marchand is getting his swagger back. Yes, he made some passes that didn't get through, but it seemed as though there was a lot of that last night. Could be good D by Nashville?

He also had some good chances on top of the winner.

Sometimes shaky, sometimes solid debut by Svedberg. Good to see him the the W.

Weber and Seth Jones are going to impress for years.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Loved seeing Marchand get the GWG.

As for Sveddy, I think he played a good game. However, I think he seemed slow. Perhaps I'm spoiled by Rask, but I'd be interested (and slightly worried) to see Sveddy against a better offensive team that can challenge us a bit more with consistent pressure.

Spooner is a beast. Love the speed and creativity he brings to the ice.

Sveddy's issue isn't speed, last night he just seemed nervous, a bit stiff

His real issue is rebound control

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad