GDT: Gm 41: Nashville Predators @ Boston Bruins | 1/2/14 | 7P ET | NESN | 98.5 FM

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

SvMYop8.png

lHySAzz.jpg

ON1RDNV.jpg

ZOISLU6.jpg

OnrX5rE.jpg

H3GNmO0.jpg

JW0YOql.png

VLDjLsT.jpg

FBaWI8g.jpg

ogHLlLf.jpg

OqaAPXr.png

VHIbRgq.png

9wg7mlg.jpg

7ORtBDV.jpg

*Official* Shawny Dangles Suspension counter
uL6cl5e.png

AQkkjK6.png

Ugh.

:bruins

This non-Jameson induced GDT is brought to you by....
8wYEHc1.jpg

...because really, that's what most of us feel like on New Year's Day.

:bruins

Disclaimer 1: My New Year's Resolution is to find a way to get Bobby Ryan on the US Olympic team, and I've been busy talking to peeps in Robbinsdale MN and Winnipeg in those efforts, so there might be mistakes in this GDT. Oh well. If your jimmies are rustled by that, go here to the GDT signup thread create your own masterpiece masked as a personal gripe. Otherwise bring it up with the US Men's Olympic Hockey Selection Committee Braintrust, who I'm sure will have all sorts of practice answering disgruntled questioners.

Disclaimer 2: This was really spawned because among the assload of new people at the Gold's Gym in Arlington this morning, there was a dude wearing a "Compete Level 10" t-shirt. I bet you a month's salary he won't be there in February. Happy New Year.

Even Kaner disapproves....
lnGnyyk.jpg

Last edited:

CJ17

Oct 15, 2005
MA
Hope it's postponed

Make that two of us. My Dad got me tickets for this game for Christmas but he isn't driving up from Providence due to the storm. If the weather is as bad as they say it would make sense to postpone the game.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
checking the ticket exchange today.
hopefully some cheap tickets for tonite and ill make the 2 hour drive in after work.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
They really wouldn't postpone the game because of this right?

Although I did just see Boston's expecting up to 18in, at least according to Matt Nois on NECN.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
They really wouldn't postpone the game because of this right?

Although I did just see Boston's expecting up to 18in, at least according to Matt Nois on NECN.

as long as nashville can get into boston theyll play. im pretty sure they are already here.

roads shouldnt be that bad until overnite.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They won't cancel the game tonight. The worst of the storm isn't supposed to be until after midnight according to ch. 5 this morning.

Boston is going to get 10-15 inches of fluffy powdery snow.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Great GDT SoM!!!!!

But isn't Tuukka looking at the wrong end of Caron? :D:p::laugh::laugh:

And David Legwand is still a Predator???? Amazing. IIRC he was their very first 1st round draft pick. :amazed:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
tickets are cheap!! do you guys think i'd be able to make it home to new bedford after the game?

if you have 4 wheel drive and dont go over 50 mph, youll be fine.
im gonna be going in from princeton.

this morning at 5am on my way to work there was literally somebody driving 5 mph in a 35 mph zone. if you drive like that, you shouldnt be leaving the house.

should be able to move up and sit where you want tonite too. be like back in 2008.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
if you have 4 wheel drive and dont go over 50 mph, youll be fine.
im gonna be going in from princeton.

this morning at 5am on my way to work there was literally somebody driving 5 mph in a 35 mph zone. if you drive like that, you shouldnt be leaving the house.

should be able to move up and sit where you want tonite too. be like back in 2008.

It wasn`t just 2008 Darren, more than a few yrs there I bought tix, drove up from Halifax and had my pick of seats

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I laughed so many times reading this! Great job!! :laugh:

Hopefully a nice win to begin 2014. Dougie and Soderberg should be back which is encouraging.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Make that two of us. My Dad got me tickets for this game for Christmas but he isn't driving up from Providence due to the storm. If the weather is as bad as they say it would make sense to postpone the game.

We got 6 suite tickets through a charitable contribution to Brittany Lucic's "Readers for life" which included a pre game meet and greet with Lucic and an after game gathering. It's gonna be tough to miss.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
My rep emailed all of his sthers this am saying they'll be watching the weather and keeping everyone posted. They aren't planning on postponing it yet but I wouldn't be surprised. The storm seemed to start a little earlier today and MA could declare a state of emergency like last year and shut down the roads for the night. I'm giving it a 50/50.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad