GDT: Gm 41: Nashville Predators @ Boston Bruins | 1/2/14 | 7P ET | NESN | 98.5 FM

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yea i know... it was kind of a bang-bang play and Bart is 43, Soderberg 34 so maybe they mixed up the numbers. Especially considering Soderberg was in the play, he did the get "tertiary assist" but it remains that -- unless Yeti tipped it -- Bart took the pass from Soderberg and gave it directly to Spooner.

Edit: They changed it and credited the secondary assist to Bartkowski. Good for him, that's his 8th of the year. Bart also has a plus-minus of 8... not too bad for a rookie blueliner ;)

Yeti still gets a "moral assist" or undocumented assist IMO on that goal -- whether they changed the scoring or not -- for contributing to Boychuk having such a wide open space to glide into. It was Soderberg's hard drive to the net that drew two defenders toward him and opened up shooting space for JB55.

Good to see Yeti back and playing hard. That line will be beastly once Loui gets back and/or if Fraser comes out of nowhere to rip it up. Fraser is less than great but with that NHL shot and playing with Spooner you just never know when he might go on a scoring tick. Like i said he's got the shot, he almost got one last night on one of the B's best scoring chances (generated of course by Spooner, the kid is a stud) of the game.

When Loui gets back let Spooner center him and Yeti and that line will be the best "3rd line" in the league!!! :yo: :yo:

I think a lot of players get the moral assists when driving to the net-I don't think their goaltender saw Boychuk coming in either-all his attention was on Spooner and Yeti and by the time he saw Boychuk he had no chance to get to the puck. Preds just broke down defensively there and left Boychuk open in a huge shooting lane.

Bart IMO isn't that bad-sometimes he just seems prone to bone headed mistakes or over committing. I think the issue right now is Bart, Krug and Mcquaid are all three guys who shine best on the third pairing-with Seids out we are really missing that #2 guy who can play tons of minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad