Post-Game Talk: GM 41: Canucks def. Sens - 4-2 (Schmidt, Boeser, Pearson, Miller)

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I could easily see Seattle taking Myers or Holtby. Myers is only owed a little over $4mm a season for the remainder of his deal.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I can't see the team leaving Myers exposed, especially when they traded for Bowey to fill the requirements of the ED. Even if he was exposed I have a hard time seeing Seattle taking on that contract.
I dont think that contract would be an issue for an expansion team at all...They have money to spend...Its not like they have a whole whack of RFA'a coming up?

Myers has another 3 years..I dont see him regressing a whole lot .

but again, thats my opinion...Whether the canucks do , or not..is another story.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
No goalie has the reaction speed to initiate a save selection after the release.

Goalie's job - among so many other things including putting up with ignorant takes - is to read the blade and the release and then initiate the save selection upon release.

Sure, sometimes a goalie gets lucky and the deflection slows the puck enough to react, or the deflection still hits them. It's a probability/numbers game in that case, size and positioning make a big difference.

But keep at keeping at it Johnny, you know I love your takes.

no goalie should have to save a puck that changes direction. You’re right. They never happen. Why aren’t games 25-23 by the end of the game? Weird.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
If Ralph Maccio can catch a fly with chopsticks, a goalie can stop a puck that changes directions.

Why do I have the feeling that if that goal goes in on Demko you cut him slack? I've played goal, trust me nothing screws a guy up worse than a change up that changes direction. But whatever I get it, you don't think much of Holtby's recent play, fine...

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Why do I have the feeling that if that goal goes in on Demko you cut him slack? I've played goal, trust me nothing screws a guy up worse than a change up that changes direction. But whatever I get it, you don't think much of Holtby's recent play, fine...

Well I mean there it is. If you have trouble tracking a deflection from 50 feet out, I can’t see an NHL goalie doing it.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I can find zero information that suggests signing bonuses for the next season are paid out before free agency opens.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Well I mean there it is. If you have trouble tracking a deflection from 50 feet out, I can’t see an NHL goalie doing it.

Sure they do it but expecting them to do it 100% of the time is unrealistic. I guess you want Holtby to be perfect, fine. Demko better be perfect too, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad