Post-Game Talk: GM 4: Canucks def. Flyers - 3-2 in an SO (Pearson, Boeser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Interesting....AV was on 1040 with Sekeras and Price.....saying that if he'd any choice in the matter, he'd have never left Vancouver. I don't believe it was Gillis' decision to can him at the time, after only one bad playoff series.

So it was obviously the owner...who richly deserves what's happened to this team in the last five seasons.
Seems rather revisionist.
Even I, as a guy that said if they got rid of AV and Luongo like this board was clamoring for during that season, the Canucks and I would be on a break... even I recognized it was just time to move on by seasons end.

They just got swept.... it's a classic GM move to pull...

(AV got fired before Torts... so it's not like an Aqualini master plan was in place)

Reactions: hellstick

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
what no Loui Eriksson again,man all that money he is making to just sit in the press box and watch a hockey game,,wish I had that job.
He doesn't do anything on the ice anyway. If Aquaman doesn't like paying a guy $6M to sit in the press box (understandable, I wouldn't either) he can thank his GM he keeps having so much faith in.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I guarantee it’ll be a low scoring 2-1 game for someone tomorrow. Both goalies have stolen the show for both teams, and I expect that to continue.

Feb 20, 2013
The Flyers have been one of the better teams, if not the very best team in the NHL so far this year. They have elite goaltending and one of the top 10 forwards in the league in Couturier.

The Canucks will need Markstrom to play as well or better than Hart to have any chance, which is no small ask.

I say 4-1 flyers.

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
The Flyers have been one of the better teams, if not the very best team in the NHL so far this year. They have elite goaltending and one of the top 10 forwards in the league in Couturier.

The Canucks will need Markstrom to play as well or better than Hart to have any chance, which is no small ask.

I say 4-1 flyers.

Disagree, best teams so far have been Buffalo, Tampa, St Louis and Carolina. Saying that, Philly is playing well. Their star players haven't even hit their stride yet.

Last two games were in Philly and we lost 2-1 both times. The last time we played them at home we beat them 5-1.

3-2 Vancouver tonight.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011

I say 4-1 flyers.

I love Couturier but he isn’t top ten in the league, I’d take Horvat over him any day.

I do believe it will be one of those odd non-rival spirited affairs with lots of emotion.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Flyers look good so far, interested to see how our young guys take on the challenge of couts and hayes. Id be happy with a point tonight.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Yeah, schedule has been weird. The Rangers haven't played for a week, after this game against Edmonton, they have a few days off again.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011

Really? I don’t think if you disagree it’s substantially offside

In courturiers 7th and 8th season he has put up 76 points twice playing with better line mates

Horvat is entering his 6th season and will have some actually talent lining up with him, chances of him doing as well are pretty good

I like Horvats higher offensive upside vs Courturiers Selke consideration

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Really? I don’t think if you disagree it’s substantially offside

In courturiers 7th and 8th season he has put up 76 points twice playing with better line mates

Horvat is entering his 6th season and will have some actually talent lining up with him, chances of him doing as well are pretty good

I like Horvats higher offensive upside vs Courturiers Selke consideration
The way Courtourierereaux controls the play and speed of the game is a step up on Horvat. He's much more dominant/dangerous with the puck.

Horvat has a more driving power style..

He has a few steps in his game to take before being at Coueutouriere's level. Production is just one piece.

Reactions: geebaan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Got a bad feeling about this one..the combination of AV and Carter Hart does not bode well for the Canucks..Flyers win in OT

Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad