Post-Game Talk: GM 4: Canucks def. Flyers - 3-2 in an SO (Pearson, Boeser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: Saturday, October 12, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Leivo
Ferland - Gaudette - Sutter
Schaller - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Philadelphia Flyers’ Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Philly is good, we gonna need a huge game from Pettersson and Boeser. 6-3 Flyers, our goals by Horvat, Leivo and Gaudette

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I think we take down Philly, they are on a long roadie, Canucks are feeling pumped from last game, Marky stands on his head while we net a couple beauties in the first. Boeser, Petey and Schaller who makes the Motte question interesting
3-1 final
Hughes point streak continues

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
WHEN: Saturday, October 12, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Leivo
Ferland - Gaudette - Sutter
Schaller - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Philadelphia Flyers’ Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted
what no Loui Eriksson again,man all that money he is making to just sit in the press box and watch a hockey game,,wish I had that job.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Must be nice to be an eastern team. Philly gets a 10 day stretch to play 3 western teams. It's just the way the geography bounces, of course. Looking forward to when eastern teams play Seattle, then us, on a back to back.

I doubt it will be another high scoring game, assuming Carter Hart will be the starting goalie. Looking forward to an entertaining night!

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I'm very interested in this game. I want to see how the team plays after an obvious emotionally charged game against L.A.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
They gotta get Boeser going. He doesn't start scoring and it's going to be another long season.
He really hasn't been very impressive. Forcing awful passes and I don't recall seeing him get a prime scoring chance yet. His bread and butter is his shot, he needs to use it.

He gets some leeway with training camp, but that excuse can't last much longer.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
He really hasn't been very impressive. Forcing awful passes and I don't recall seeing him get a prime scoring chance yet. His bread and butter is his shot, he needs to use it.

He gets some leeway with training camp, but that excuse can't last much longer.

It's been another 2 full days of training and practice... he needs to show progress. I don't even care if he scores next game... but he needs to put together a few shifts where he does SOMETHING 5on5. He's virtually out of excuses come next game... it will have been 19 days since he took the hit... and 10 days since the season opened... with a onne of practice time.

I don't even care much about chemistry... start moving your legs and actually get to a puck a few times.

Miller played on a line with 40 and 6 and manged 3 pts... virtually without them. (I know he got an assist on 40's goal from the bench)
Need to see more from Boeser... Pettersson's was at least dancing... Miller was busy... now Boeser...

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Boeser's season is going to be interesting considering what he's been dealing with off the ice with his Father's illness. I remember when my Dad was battling cancer like it was yesterday and it's been 10 years now. It is a powerful and life changing experience. I'm surprised he has the energy to even lace up his skates.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Boeser's season is going to be interesting considering what he's been dealing with off the ice with his Father's illness. I remember when my Dad was battling cancer like it was yesterday and it's been 10 years now. It is a powerful and life changing experience. I'm surprised he has the energy to even lace up his skates.
Aside from being knocked head first into the boards, Boeser has been dealing with a very emotional issue, made even more difficult by the fact that he has to be in a different city from his father. I'm cutting him a lot of slack, as I'm sure the team is.

Reactions: mcnucker and MikeK

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
There are moments where we see rookie shades of Boeser this season.

I'm still giving him benefit of doubt based on the amount of injuries he has accumulated in three years (concussion, back injury to name a few), , missed training games, father's ilness, coming back from a concussion etc.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
He just hit a crossbar, he has 2 assists, and he had a concussion. Jesus..
The production will trickle along.. there's a quite a bit of talent around him to get him assists. Would be nice to see him make an actual play now.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back with Horvat if his malaise continues much longer.

If he's still being effected by his concussion, father's illness, lack of training or whatever else is suggested... take him off the top line till he has legs.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Meh I'll give Boeser and Ferland a couple of weeks before I get on them at all.

Pettersson can be better.

I'm interested to see if Miller can keep up his play and if Hughes continues to improve. Kid looks better and better every game.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
has pearson been as good as his stats show?! who else has been the best so far for you guys or what upcoming prospects are y'all looking forward to seeing in the future?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Interesting....AV was on 1040 with Sekeras and Price.....saying that if he'd any choice in the matter, he'd have never left Vancouver. I don't believe it was Gillis' decision to can him at the time, after only one bad playoff series.

So it was obviously the owner...who richly deserves what's happened to this team in the last five seasons.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
has pearson been as good as his stats show?! who else has been the best so far for you guys or what upcoming prospects are y'all looking forward to seeing in the future?
Yes and no. He's been ok but full value for his goal and points. The Horvat line hasnt started flowing to my liking yet, but they got some tough matchups. He's capable of flash offense tho... clearly a vet that knows where to go. Quiet, quiet.. then a play gets made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad