GDT: GM 34 | Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars | Dec 21 | 5:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I really wish they'd give Kuz a shot on Miller's line and move Hoglander up. It's probably the only combination we haven't tried. I get pairing two defensively lackluster players (Boeser/Kuz) together could be risky but we may as well try something. Scratching every other week won't accomplish anything but destroying any trade value he might have.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I really wish they'd give Kuz a shot on Miller's line and move Hoglander up. It's probably the only combination we haven't tried. I get pairing two defensively lackluster players (Boeser/Kuz) together could be risky but we may as well try something. Scratching every other week won't accomplish anything but destroying any trade value he might have.

They did try Kuzmenko with Miller/Boeser

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I was in Shanghai for work and watched this game in an office building on sketchy wifi using my Slingbox back home. Got a lot of weird looks when the OT goal went in and I yelled.

This was the first playoff game the Canucks played after my wife and I started dating. I explained how sometimes playoff overtime games just kept going and going. She, not wanting to watch hockey all night, was alarmed and asked “does that happen a lot?” And I stupidly said “no, it’s pretty rare these days”.

Oops.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Another 5 PM start? Some of us work, dammit!

Make those Texans stay up until midnight to see the game live, rabble rabble rabble.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
No chance Kuzmenko draws in after the win in Nashville. Would be sending the team the wrong message

Anyways 4-2 Canucks with goals from Boeser, Joshua, Hronek and Mikheyev

Reactions: TruGr1t

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Anyone know if I can listen to Canucks games on a radio station? I'll be traveling from Victoria to home in Chilliwack for the holidays during the game so I'd like to listen along while driving.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Anyone know if I can listen to Canucks games on a radio station? I'll be traveling from Victoria to home in Chilliwack for the holidays during the game so I'd like to listen along while driving.
650 am will help you out there. I will be listening in for at least the first half too.

Reactions: bh53

Nov 1, 2011
I WAS THERE!!!!!

it actually wasn't any fun, I was a nervous wreck and they stopped selling Beer after the second intermission, I spent the entire game with my face buried in my white towel

incredible experience

I remember “sneaking” down to the lower bowl because it was 50% empty during the OT and being there for multiple overtimes.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
What I remember from the Dallas series and that game, and I think this is the right one - it's the only first round series against Dallas I remember we had - was that I had to watch an American feed where they got Vanbiesbrouck to do colour. I'd never known him to do any broadcasting before, maybe was a trial run or just a get from a famous player.

Anyway, he was cheering for Dallas the whole night and when they scored their first goal the Play by Play went to him for his comment and he starts yelling about, "that's what comes from champions, baby!" There was no hint of neutrality from him the whole time and this was a national broadcast.

He was never again a broadcaster on that series. I can only imagine the sound room going for mute button when Sedin scored that goal. I don't recall him ever playing for Dallas but he was a Canuck for a brief time. That's what made that goal extra special for me, to shove it in the face of Bieser.

Apologies if I'm outing you, but @Canucker still going to the game tonight? going to bring a sign or wear a Darcy Rota sweater maybe?

update, hey I found the spot, "Oh, they're not quitting! That's championship quality heart and spirit!"

He says. "Ahh baby!" on the next, tying goal.

Keep in mind, this is 2007 and Dallas won the Championship in 1999.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Shouldn’t this be Error # 1? Error # 1 I can’t log the f*** in?!

(Warning - language)

Oh lord, Boogie is a narcissistic piss ant who’s a compulsive liar to have people feel bad for his manipulative fat ass.

Guy is in severe debt and won’t find a stable job because ‘he has over 4 million YoutTube’ subscribers. His revenue streams are down, no one is latching into him anymore and he put most or all of his money into crypto, which has lost value.

f*** this guy, one of the biggest frauds on YT

• Haha
Reactions: andora and Bgav

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Oh lord, Boogie is a narcissistic piss ant who’s a compulsive liar to have people feel bad for his manipulative fat ass.

Guy is in severe debt and won’t find a stable job because ‘he has over 4 million YoutTube’ subscribers. His revenue streams are down, no one is latching into him anymore and he put most or all of his money into crypto, which has lost value.

f*** this guy, one of the biggest frauds on YT
you know he's passed away, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad